Rude people stories

Options
2»

Comments

• QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Sweetvickid - it was you!!
    It was your story I remembered! You were my inspiration that day and the day I posted this story!
    We all need to think about how we would react if we are confronted with ignorance. Then we can be prepared and will be able to walk away proud of our ability to stand up to the ignorance of comments and actions we are forced to endure. I refuse to be turned into a victim by either cancer or ignorance.
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    Options

Sweetvickid - it was you!!
    It was your story I remembered! You were my inspiration that day and the day I posted this story!
    We all need to think about how we would react if we are confronted with ignorance. Then we can be prepared and will be able to walk away proud of our ability to stand up to the ignorance of comments and actions we are forced to endure. I refuse to be turned into a victim by either cancer or ignorance.

Sometimes I get so "fed up" with dealing with people
    So I am normally ash blonde. My hair grew back darker brownish color. Not me! My wig was that popular two toned style where you are brown underneath and blonde streaks on top. Really cute. I decided to take off wig but did not like the new dark color. So I had it lightened and it came out very redish. That was fine. Went to work and everyone loved the new look. Actually, most just thought I cut and colored my hair.

So I have lived with this redish tone and it is still just not me. So I decided to get lots of blonde highlights, letting the new growth stay dark. I love it, way more me even if it did come out more blonde than my normal color, at least it is more me!

So today a coworker realized my hair was different. She shouts out something about me coloring my hair a new color. I replied that actually I am normally a blonde and I colored my hair back to normal. She kept going on and on about how some folks hair comes back silver and how cute I looked with the redish hair.

I know she meant well but for once, just once I wish someone would say something like "oh, it must feel good to get back to normal after all your treatment". I realize it is because people just don't get it. But still, just once would be nice.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

sorry
    That is just so awful; I can't believe he said that! But you handled it beautifully! I hope I would be able to think of a good comeback like that so quickly. Hugs, Linda

This is awful, but, like the
    This is awful, but, like the others said, you handled better than I would. LOL

I just don't understand people sometimes and their stupid mouths.

Normally, I just ignore them and walk away.

Hugs, Noel
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options

Sometimes I get so "fed up" with dealing with people
    So I am normally ash blonde. My hair grew back darker brownish color. Not me! My wig was that popular two toned style where you are brown underneath and blonde streaks on top. Really cute. I decided to take off wig but did not like the new dark color. So I had it lightened and it came out very redish. That was fine. Went to work and everyone loved the new look. Actually, most just thought I cut and colored my hair.

So I have lived with this redish tone and it is still just not me. So I decided to get lots of blonde highlights, letting the new growth stay dark. I love it, way more me even if it did come out more blonde than my normal color, at least it is more me!

So today a coworker realized my hair was different. She shouts out something about me coloring my hair a new color. I replied that actually I am normally a blonde and I colored my hair back to normal. She kept going on and on about how some folks hair comes back silver and how cute I looked with the redish hair.

I know she meant well but for once, just once I wish someone would say something like "oh, it must feel good to get back to normal after all your treatment". I realize it is because people just don't get it. But still, just once would be nice.

Understand the feeling
    Before and since I have been wearing my wigs I have had more than one person tell me how "fun" they think it would be to wear a wig. "Just get a bunch of different ones in all colors and styles, that would be so great" 1. They cost money 2. My hair didn't fall out due to a bad perm, this is life threatening here 3. Fake hair and hot flashes don't mix 4. There is just too much lost in this whole situation...hair, contacts due to super dry eyes, feeling attractive, cute bras....not to mention breast, for any of this to be "fun". They mean to put a positive spin on it all but it just doesn't work.

Sorry to rant, but you are right EllenaMaria, they just don't get it.

Jennifer