Nancy591

Options
2»

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hugs and Prayers
    Sending my love, hugs and prayers to Nancy!

Leesa
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    leesag said:

Hugs and Prayers
    Sending my love, hugs and prayers to Nancy!

Leesa

Nancy is probably not going
    Nancy is probably not going home before the weekend. Cards might not have time to get to her before she is discharged, but she is in
    Memorial Sloan Kettering
    1275 York Avenue
    New York, NY 10065
    Room 1028

They are trying to get the pain under control without using oral meds, as those make her sick. She is on a morphine pump and they are experimenting with Fentanyl patches, to see what strength she needs.

She was going for a CT scan later today, so maybe that will show something. Her bowel sounds are not what they should be, so maybe a partial bowel obstruction is the culprit. They have ruled out colitis.

She has been tired and in pain since Easter, and finally agreed to go to the ER last Saturday. Her mom and I both scolded her for trying to be so tough. Her mom said, "You don't get extra points for pain."

She says she feels better than she did Saturday. I'm hoping she gets out of hospital jail soon. She was getting set up to talk to her boys on Skype. They miss their mom!

I printed out this whole thread and took it to her, so she could see for herself how much she is loved and missed. I told her how relieved everyone was that she (finally) texted me, because we were all so worried.

Carlene
  • eward
    eward Member Posts: 210
    Options

Nancy is probably not going home before the weekend. Cards might not have time to get to her before she is discharged, but she is in
    Memorial Sloan Kettering
    1275 York Avenue
    New York, NY 10065
    Room 1028

They are trying to get the pain under control without using oral meds, as those make her sick. She is on a morphine pump and they are experimenting with Fentanyl patches, to see what strength she needs.

She was going for a CT scan later today, so maybe that will show something. Her bowel sounds are not what they should be, so maybe a partial bowel obstruction is the culprit. They have ruled out colitis.

She has been tired and in pain since Easter, and finally agreed to go to the ER last Saturday. Her mom and I both scolded her for trying to be so tough. Her mom said, "You don't get extra points for pain."

She says she feels better than she did Saturday. I'm hoping she gets out of hospital jail soon. She was getting set up to talk to her boys on Skype. They miss their mom!

I printed out this whole thread and took it to her, so she could see for herself how much she is loved and missed. I told her how relieved everyone was that she (finally) texted me, because we were all so worried.

Carlene

nancy
    Please send my love to Nancy, as well.
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Memorial Sloan Kettering
    1275 York Avenue
    New York, NY 10065
    Room 1028

Carlene

Thank you for the update.
    Thank you for the update. I'm sending meta (positive meditation) her way, and hoping she will be at home pain free soon.

DB
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Memorial Sloan Kettering
    1275 York Avenue
    New York, NY 10065
    Room 1028

Carlene

Thanks so much for the
    Thanks so much for the update Carlene. Nancy was diagnosed at the same age I was when had breast cancer, my kids were a little older but still just kids. I think I worried more about my kids than myself. Hopefully CT will provide some insight into issues to help with a resolution. If good thoughts could heal her we'd have her home.
    She continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Annie
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I will pray
    thanks for letting us all know, she is a sweet one and i will be glad to pray
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    azgrandma said:

I will pray
    thanks for letting us all know, she is a sweet one and i will be glad to pray

Texted back and forth with
    Texted back and forth with her earlier today. I expect to talk to her sometime later and will post again.

She is still in the hospital, and still quite weak. But they have reduced her pain medsd and put in a drain for the ascites. She is feeling somewhat better.

Carlene
  • vj1
    vj1 Member Posts: 150
    Options

Texted back and forth with
    Texted back and forth with her earlier today. I expect to talk to her sometime later and will post again.

She is still in the hospital, and still quite weak. But they have reduced her pain medsd and put in a drain for the ascites. She is feeling somewhat better.

Carlene

Carlene
    Thanks for the update. I am sending her my prayers and thoughts to get her home and feeling better!

Verna
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    vj1 said:

Carlene
    Thanks for the update. I am sending her my prayers and thoughts to get her home and feeling better!

Verna

thank you for letting us know
    Hope Nanci is feeling better now that her acsies is almost gone. We are praying for her.....val
  • childofthestars
    childofthestars Member Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nancy591
    Hi Carlene
    I've just re-read this thread and noticed that my message to Nancy via you is NOT here!!!!!
    So please will you send her my love and hugs and best wishes.
    Michelle x