just what I expected-hysterectomy

Options
2»

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

@suzanne
    WE dr appt today..we decided to take overies too.. sad I"LL go back to quick like version of memopause (which happned 4 yrs ago) HE can't do robatic or vagianlly due to the size of my uterus..from so much enlarging from my tamox...bummer

I find out tomorrow day of surgery...( I requested it asap)

Denise

Ovaries
    Denise-

I was 6 years post menopause when I had my hysterectomy and BSO. I noticed absolutely no difference. My ovaries had been done for a long time!

Hoping for great results and relief for you.

Suzanne
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Ovaries
    Denise-

I was 6 years post menopause when I had my hysterectomy and BSO. I noticed absolutely no difference. My ovaries had been done for a long time!

Hoping for great results and relief for you.

Suzanne

I am post meno
    for over 4 yrs but my dr said they still keep on working...but taking it all...
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options

I am post meno
    for over 4 yrs but my dr said they still keep on working...but taking it all...

Good Luck Denise!! Will be
    Good Luck Denise!! Will be praying for you! My aunt and my cousin both had the surgery a few months apart for different reasons. My aunt because of tamoxifen my cousin because of other meds. My aunt had everything out while my cousin left in the ovaries. Their recovery was about the same. They are both happy today that they had the surgery. No more bleeding for unknown reasons and one less thing to worry about getting cancer in~

Since you have to come down to Conn. what hospital will you be in?

angela
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    robang13 said:

Good Luck Denise!! Will be
    Good Luck Denise!! Will be praying for you! My aunt and my cousin both had the surgery a few months apart for different reasons. My aunt because of tamoxifen my cousin because of other meds. My aunt had everything out while my cousin left in the ovaries. Their recovery was about the same. They are both happy today that they had the surgery. No more bleeding for unknown reasons and one less thing to worry about getting cancer in~

Since you have to come down to Conn. what hospital will you be in?

angela

@Angela
    I lived on boarder of NYS and Ct for 15 yrs so my kids born at Sharon Hosptial and most of my surgeries done there! I LOVE MY gyno and trust him! MY prior dr told me I'd never had 2nd baby-changed to the dr i have now..and my 2nd is now 19yrs old.

HE is great..even one of my girls go to him

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    Pre op testing tomorrow
    Tomrorow..5-13 and surgery 5-17

I want this over as much as I dont' want all the pain...

Denise
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Celebrate with me! Good
    Celebrate with me!

Good news: my oncologist says I may as well go off the Tamoxifen since it is causing uterine polyps.

Bad news: I have to have a (my second in 1.5 years) hysteroscopy and polypectomy
    Good news: I don't need a hysterectomy; the colposcopy showed clean cervical cells!
    Good news: I can take some of the AIs even if they haven't been proven for DCIS
    Bad news: They (it) will counteract the DHEA vaginal suppositories my gynecologist has prescribed to help my thin vaginal walls and rectocele situation
    Good news: The Oncologist says that with mammograms and ultrasounds every 6 months, if I have a recurrence, it would be caught early, and, IF I can live with that, I can stop taking any and all post cancer hormone treatments.
    Good news: I can ask my gynecologist to set up a schedule for me to get off the Effexor which I've been taking to mitigate the side effects of Tamoxifen!!

What a good day! I almost see the 'normal' light at the end of the tunnel!
    ~~Connie~~