• Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Putting you in my
    Putting you in my prayers.

Lex

kim mom of three
    The same thing happened to someone else I talked to.She had gall bladder problems/surgery.As they did the surgery liver cancer was found.It's been over a year since I talked to her but she must be fine.It was meant to be for you ALSO.You hate having medical problems but sometimes a problem can save your life. I've had stomach surgeries and always heard they check liver and other organs when they are doing surgery.

I talked to thE lady liver cancer a couple times. organized low spay and neuter clinics in my county for 10 years and met alot of people. Many with cancer.That is how I got into Relay for Life.Another lady called for a appt.As we talked she was a 18 year bc survivor.She got me involved in the cancer walk and now I have another bc survivor who wants to walk with me this year.

You and the others dealing with recurrance are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynn Smith
  • yv1214
    yv1214 Member Posts: 72
    Options

kim mom of three
    The same thing happened to someone else I talked to.She had gall bladder problems/surgery.As they did the surgery liver cancer was found.It's been over a year since I talked to her but she must be fine.It was meant to be for you ALSO.You hate having medical problems but sometimes a problem can save your life. I've had stomach surgeries and always heard they check liver and other organs when they are doing surgery.

I talked to thE lady liver cancer a couple times. organized low spay and neuter clinics in my county for 10 years and met alot of people. Many with cancer.That is how I got into Relay for Life.Another lady called for a appt.As we talked she was a 18 year bc survivor.She got me involved in the cancer walk and now I have another bc survivor who wants to walk with me this year.

Lynn Smith

My mom has more now....
    This past Thursday I had to admit her to the hospital again because she was in so much pain. Her new catscan shows that more mets have developed in her liver. She is on a morphine drip since then, and this morning they upped the dosage. Her faith has her calm and collected while I am total basket case. Since I know she will not receive any more chemo treatment my sister and I fear that the end is nearer than either one of us expected. I am the sibling that deals with what has to be done. I took a course of action a few months ago in checking out funeral homes and cemetery. But I feel overwhelmed with the thought that soon we will have to be thinking of hospice care because its going to get worse and the end will truly be upon us. We are worried, and scared of what's to come next.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kim
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char.
  • MDoyleSpencer
    MDoyleSpencer Member Posts: 5
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Kim,
    I am having a pet

Hi Kim,
    I am having a pet scan Wednesday to see if bc has metastasized to my liver and if a nodule is growing in my right lung. I was originally diagnosed in January 2002, had a mastectomy, chemo, followed by a short stint with Tamoxefin. Then diagnosed with mets to the bones in Sept 2010, and Skin mets in Dec 2010. Biopsied both and both came back IDC. Had radiation to the hips and pelvic, so far 9 rounds of Abraxane, and will continue with it if there are no new tumors, (but MRI last week showed new tumors in the bones in my head), so hopefully they can find a new chemo.

Now as for staying positive, it is day to day... I am still scared and this week has been a b.itch, as the waiting is killing me, then the wait for the results.

Can I ask how they found the liver mets? Did you have symptoms?

I am thinking of you and sending hugs.

~Carol

To Carol
    I'm sending hugs to you, Carol, because I share your situation. There are lots of new and old chemos to try and like you I take them as long as they work and then try another. I hope for blessings on your mind and heart to keep the waiting from stressing you -- I know it is difficult but we have to live with that a lot, don't we! Much love, Nicky
  • MDoyleSpencer
    MDoyleSpencer Member Posts: 5
    Options
    yv1214 said:

My mom has more now....
    This past Thursday I had to admit her to the hospital again because she was in so much pain. Her new catscan shows that more mets have developed in her liver. She is on a morphine drip since then, and this morning they upped the dosage. Her faith has her calm and collected while I am total basket case. Since I know she will not receive any more chemo treatment my sister and I fear that the end is nearer than either one of us expected. I am the sibling that deals with what has to be done. I took a course of action a few months ago in checking out funeral homes and cemetery. But I feel overwhelmed with the thought that soon we will have to be thinking of hospice care because its going to get worse and the end will truly be upon us. We are worried, and scared of what's to come next.

Be not afraid
    The wonderful thing about faith is that you will not see fear on your mom's face when her turn comes, whenever that is. She may be sad, but not afraid, and I hope that will comfort you in your grief.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

kim mom of three

Lynn Smith

Keeping you in my prayers
    Keeping you in my prayers and sending cyber hugs.

Hugs, Diane
  • kim mom of three
    kim mom of three Member Posts: 26
    Options
    yv1214 said:

My mom has more now....

Yv1214...I am so sorry to
    Yv1214...I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep you and your familiy in my prayers. Sometimes life just freaken sucks...
  • kim mom of three
    kim mom of three Member Posts: 26
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Kim
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char.

Thanks Char! I love
    Thanks Char! I love huggs....so keep them coming
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Thanks Char! I love

Kim,
    I'm so sorry that

Kim,
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this. All I can do is offer my prayers and send you love.
    We are always here for you.
    God Bless,
    Hugs & Love,
    Wanda
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Thanks Char! I love

((((((( Hugs )))))
    Well, if you love hugs, here are some more for you Kim!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( KIM )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you felt those!

Praying for you,

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

((((((( Hugs )))))
    Well, if you love hugs, here are some more for you Kim!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( KIM )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you felt those!

Praying for you,

Sue :)

Gentle Hugs .. prayers, and positive vibes coming
    your way. There are several Kindred Spirits/WARRIORS here on our site - walking this path right now, so I will defer to them to provide information, or resources.

Hope, Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Gentle Hugs .. prayers, and positive vibes coming
    your way. There are several Kindred Spirits/WARRIORS here on our site - walking this path right now, so I will defer to them to provide information, or resources.

Hope, Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

You'll get more hugs from
    You'll get more hugs from the pink sisters than you can handle! We are a great supportive group and always pray, hug, encourage and support each other.

Hugs, Leeza
  • ennie__1
    ennie__1 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

You'll get more hugs from
    You'll get more hugs from the pink sisters than you can handle! We are a great supportive group and always pray, hug, encourage and support each other.

Hugs, Leeza

My Surgery
    went well i to have liver mets, from breast cancer originally dx 8 yrs ago, and bone mets, I have been on taxol for 6 months my dr is going to take me off and put me on taxil now my tumor markers are down and he feels well enough under controle he does not believe in ned going in later this week for a pet of my liver had one spot before chemo 6 months ago we will see how it looks now.taxol seemed to work pretty well on my cancer though good luck with yours.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    ennie__1 said:

My Surgery
    went well i to have liver mets, from breast cancer originally dx 8 yrs ago, and bone mets, I have been on taxol for 6 months my dr is going to take me off and put me on taxil now my tumor markers are down and he feels well enough under controle he does not believe in ned going in later this week for a pet of my liver had one spot before chemo 6 months ago we will see how it looks now.taxol seemed to work pretty well on my cancer though good luck with yours.

Sending prayers for you too
    Sending prayers for you too Ennie_1.

Hugs, Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    yv1214 said:

My mom has more now....

Praying for your Mom and you
    Praying for your Mom and you yv1214.

Hugs, Jan
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

To Carol
    I'm sending hugs to you, Carol, because I share your situation. There are lots of new and old chemos to try and like you I take them as long as they work and then try another. I hope for blessings on your mind and heart to keep the waiting from stressing you -- I know it is difficult but we have to live with that a lot, don't we! Much love, Nicky

Thanks Nicky. Better
    Thanks Nicky. Better results than anticipated and at this point we take what we can get! How long have you been doing this with the mets? I hope I can do it long enough that it can become a chronic condition rather than a terminal one. Today I asked how long can my body tolerate chemo, and my MO said indefinately, if it doesn't tolerate one, we will go to another... alrighty then! Better questions would be how long can I tolerate the 'side effects' of all of this chemo, but we do keep on going don't we.
    Would really like to hear more from you! It really helps to have others at the same stage when I have questions (not that I would wish this on anyone)!

Thanks and hugs back to you,
    ~Carol
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Symtoms
    Hi Judy, Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. For me this all started on a Sunday. I thought I had a severe case of indigestion but only on the upper right side under my breast. Early Wednesday morning I had my husband take me to the ER. After an ultra sound I was on my way to surgery to have my gall bladder out. It was at that time the surgeon noticed the liver mets. Prior to that I did loose about 40lbs in about 6 months, but I thought it was because of stress. I thank God everyday for the gall bladder attack otherwise I might not have known until it was to late. I will keep you in my prayers and hope everything goes well. Stay strong and think positive. Please keep me posted on how your doing....Kim

I will pray for all of you.
    I will pray for all of you. I pray every night that a cure is found. Think positive and know we all are supporting you..

Hugs, Kylez