TOMORROW IS A BIG DAY - CHEMO...

LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Ok, so I thought I was ready to go in and just get it over with. But today I woke up cold, nervous and about to vomit from anxiety. I want God to drive my bus and for all of you to be on it, pleeeease?

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    How..
    Did your "egg retrieval" go? You've not mentioned that...
    Wishing you well tomorrow...
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Your BIG day
    You are absolutely right. Tomorrow IS a big day for you. I have reserved a seat on the bus right behind the driver. Is VickiSam driving again? I remember all too well those chemo mornings where I could not brush my teeth without retching. I will certainly be there is spirit. Many of the Pink Sisters have been in your shoes and we have come out the other side. My last chemo (4 A/C and 12 Taxotere) was in August 2010. Some day it will be a distant memory for you too. Keep us posted. IRENE
  • LoveBabyJesus
    Eggs..
    My egg retrieval was quite an experience I must say. It went well, thank you for asking! Sweet of you to remember too. They frozed 16 eggs for me, which is great. I was in pain the first day, but then it all went back to normal. :) This is a big reason for me to go through chemo and give it my very best. Wishing you could all be there with me...but I know in spirit you will be.

I will keep you all posted. Many thoughts go through my mind...
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Eggs..
    My egg retrieval was quite an experience I must say. It went well, thank you for asking! Sweet of you to remember too. They frozed 16 eggs for me, which is great. I was in pain the first day, but then it all went back to normal. :) This is a big reason for me to go through chemo and give it my very best. Wishing you could all be there with me...but I know in spirit you will be.

We will all be there with you
    It was so scary for me to walk in that door--I was shaking. But it wasn't any where near as bad as I imagined--in fact--it went pretty well. And it will for you too. We're there in spirit, holding your hand, giving you group hugs.

In my humble opinion--very smart thing to do--just let "Jesus Take the Wheel" and all will be okay.

Hugs, Renee
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Eggs..

It was so scary for me to walk in that door--I was shaking. But it wasn't any where near as bad as I imagined--in fact--it went pretty well. And it will for you too. We're there in spirit, holding your hand, giving you group hugs.

In my humble opinion--very smart thing to do--just let "Jesus Take the Wheel" and all will be okay.

Hugs, Renee
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I'll be on the bus :)
    I'll be with you in spirit also. Praying for a smooth time. Take a nice big breath. All will be ok. Good lucks and prayers for you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

breast cancer is so very scary!
    We are anxious, helpless and out of touch with our bodies. Life no longer makes sense. If you were not scared, I would be a little worried. I take it from your postings, that maybe your Oncologist or group did not go over what to expect, what will be taking place during your first chemo infusion. Please take a deep breathe, and remember you will be fine. 'Fear of the unknown'.

Just a few suggestions for you.

Pair of warm socks
    IPOD
    Book to read
    IPAD or Lap top
    Water ---
    Herbal tea in thermos
    snack or lunch
    cell phone
    I always had a notepad of paper with me, writing all questions that I wanted answers to -- I asked questions to Onc RN and Oncologist before leaving chemo session.

Finally, God never gives us more than we can handle.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I will be there in that bus,
    I will be there in that bus, count on it! I will be the obnoxious one singing "the wheels on the bus...." Seriously, I will be praying for you tomorrow. Please let us know how you do.
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    You have my prayers as you
    You have my prayers as you face your first treatment! Please let us know how it goes!

Nancy
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

You have my prayers as you
    You have my prayers as you face your first treatment! Please let us know how it goes!

Nancy

I'll be there with you
    Good luck tomorrow, you can do this. I will be right there with you in spirit cheering you on pink sister :)

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Mothercrone
    Mothercrone Member Posts: 28
    You'll Do Fine ♥
    Tomorrow I will be having Chemo #6 - hopefully my final full chemo treatment.

I remember my first chemo in December 2010...I cried like a little baby and asked them to draw the curtains around me momentarily until I composed myself.

And you know what? It was fine. Yes, I cried in fear for a few minutes and then, I asked the nurse to pull away the curtain and everything went smoothly. I had a snack, I read a little, watched TV and took a nap.

Afterwards, I felt a little silly for crying but everyone, even the other patients, were so kind and supportive. When I left that day, I actually did a little food shopping, then went home and took a nap. I napped on and off for about 3 days. Went back the day after my fist treatment for my Neulasta shot. No problems with that either.

I have been very blessed and you will be to.

I don't have a ticket on "your bus" but I think I'm just going to jump on the back of the bus and cheer you on with the rest of the Pink Ladies here!

God bless! ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

You'll Do Fine ♥
    Tomorrow I will be having Chemo #6 - hopefully my final full chemo treatment.

I remember my first chemo in December 2010...I cried like a little baby and asked them to draw the curtains around me momentarily until I composed myself.

And you know what? It was fine. Yes, I cried in fear for a few minutes and then, I asked the nurse to pull away the curtain and everything went smoothly. I had a snack, I read a little, watched TV and took a nap.

Afterwards, I felt a little silly for crying but everyone, even the other patients, were so kind and supportive. When I left that day, I actually did a little food shopping, then went home and took a nap. I napped on and off for about 3 days. Went back the day after my fist treatment for my Neulasta shot. No problems with that either.

I have been very blessed and you will be to.

I don't have a ticket on "your bus" but I think I'm just going to jump on the back of the bus and cheer you on with the rest of the Pink Ladies here!

God bless! ♥

All of the pink sisters will
    All of the pink sisters will be there with you tomorrow when you have your first chemo. I know it is scary, so, just remember that we are all there, holding your hand and helping you thru this.

Wishing you good luck,

Leeza
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    I'm on that bus too!! And
    I'm on that bus too!! And yes, God is driving and as VickiSam said, He wont give you more than you can handle. Big hugs sweet sister and keep us posted.
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Your BIG day
    You are absolutely right. Tomorrow IS a big day for you. I have reserved a seat on the bus right behind the driver. Is VickiSam driving again? I remember all too well those chemo mornings where I could not brush my teeth without retching. I will certainly be there is spirit. Many of the Pink Sisters have been in your shoes and we have come out the other side. My last chemo (4 A/C and 12 Taxotere) was in August 2010. Some day it will be a distant memory for you too. Keep us posted. IRENE

Best of luck today!
    Leeza

Best of luck today!

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

I'm on that bus too!! And
    I'm on that bus too!! And yes, God is driving and as VickiSam said, He wont give you more than you can handle. Big hugs sweet sister and keep us posted.
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

Hoping and praying that
    Hoping and praying that today's chemo went well for you. Thinking of you!

Sue :)
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Thought about you today, I
    Thought about you today, I think we were all on the bus! Hoping it all went as well as it can. It sucks, but as the chemo goes in, I always imagine it is going to war and is on a search and destroy mission.

Prayers that you are having a good night!
    ~Carol
  • LoveBabyJesus
    UPDATES...
    Thank you all for your support.

I went in last Friday and the guy asked, "are you ready?", to which I responded "NO, but I have no choice so let's go!". He laughed.

I asked for several cups of water and ice chips. I didn't stop drinking or having those ice chips. The nurse was ok, somewhat intense. She was explaining about the side effects as the drugs were going in. I also had a nutriotionist walk in to go over diet. Was I nervous? I think my fear worked - how? I was extra careful about diet, water, resting...and taking my drugs as instructed. They had me take steroids and antinausua meds for 3 days. That helped me. But I think what really made a difference was the amount of water I've been drinking!!! At least 3 liters a day. I am so concerned about these drugs, my organs and stomach issues that I decided to just drink, drink, drink...And of course, I thought of all of you. I didn't feel alone. You all helped me so much, with your kind words. Thank you.

Today is day 4 and I am lucky to say I am alright. Sometimes I find myself stairing into space. I had one hot flash in the middle of the night, on day two. A little bit of bone pain from the nulesta. But overall, I can't complain.

Thank God I am doing ok so far. Thank you all.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    checking in to see how
    checking in to see how things went...HOPE it was an ok day as it could be ...
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

UPDATES...
    Thank you all for your support.

I went in last Friday and the guy asked, "are you ready?", to which I responded "NO, but I have no choice so let's go!". He laughed.

I asked for several cups of water and ice chips. I didn't stop drinking or having those ice chips. The nurse was ok, somewhat intense. She was explaining about the side effects as the drugs were going in. I also had a nutriotionist walk in to go over diet. Was I nervous? I think my fear worked - how? I was extra careful about diet, water, resting...and taking my drugs as instructed. They had me take steroids and antinausua meds for 3 days. That helped me. But I think what really made a difference was the amount of water I've been drinking!!! At least 3 liters a day. I am so concerned about these drugs, my organs and stomach issues that I decided to just drink, drink, drink...And of course, I thought of all of you. I didn't feel alone. You all helped me so much, with your kind words. Thank you.

Today is day 4 and I am lucky to say I am alright. Sometimes I find myself stairing into space. I had one hot flash in the middle of the night, on day two. A little bit of bone pain from the nulesta. But overall, I can't complain.

Thank God I am doing ok so far. Thank you all.

I am glad that it went
    I am glad that it went better than you thought. And, keep drinking lots of water.

Hugs and prayers,

Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

checking in to see how
    checking in to see how things went...HOPE it was an ok day as it could be ...

Happy that you are doing ok.
    Happy that you are doing ok. Praying it continues.