"The craziest thing I forgot today was...."

JuJuBeez
JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
I have been forgetting the craziest stuff lately, and as much as it frustrates me, it makes me laugh. I wanted to start this thread to see what you guys forget in a day (to make me feel better about my swiss-cheese for brains, of course..)

Tuesday I forgot a line to the Lord's prayer. I said it over and over in my mind and could NOT remember what comes after "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name". Who forgets that? The nuns would surely get me with their rulers if they knew.

Wednesday I was helping my daughter with multiplication flash cards. I couldn't remember what 7x6 equalled. I tried four times before I got it. How embarrassing. AND, I went to the podiatrist for the first time yesterday, and I forgot to tell the assistant that I'm on Tamoxifen and I get wicked cramps in my feet and legs. HELLO! I remembered about 1/2 hr into the appointment when the doctor was asking me questions about something else.

So please, share your stories of funny things you've forgotten! :-)

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I love your expression Swiss cheese brain"
    I am big list person..I have very good memory but still use list daily...most days I DO NOT need it...

I can't wait to read some of the stories to come...hehe lol

Denise
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    swiss cheese good description
    We were just talking at the treatment center about being forgetful. I actually put stuff in the dryer and when I went back to get it out wondered why it wasn't dry. I forgot to turn it on! Talk about stupid! I have notes to myself all over the house. Nice to know that chemo brain is real and all over.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Will be in rough shape
    I will be in rough shape when I start chemo. I do these things already. I am going to ask the medical onocologist if the chemo will re-set the neurotransmitters in my brian and cure the malady that I have regarding memory. My grandchildren know to remind me about things I said I'd do. It is comic.
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332

Will be in rough shape
    I will be in rough shape when I start chemo. I do these things already. I am going to ask the medical onocologist if the chemo will re-set the neurotransmitters in my brian and cure the malady that I have regarding memory. My grandchildren know to remind me about things I said I'd do. It is comic.

The scary part for me is, I
    The scary part for me is, I haven't had chemo! I had radiation, now I'm on Tamoxifen. If I had chemo, I probably wouldn't remember my name...
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Wasn't funny at the time........
    but I forgot my wig. I was on my way to radiation treatment and wondered why the air conditioning felt so cold on my head. It was only then that I realized I had forgotten to put on my wig. Fortunately I had a scarf in the car so I didn't have to totally expose my bald head to the world but after that I taped a note to the door with big letters WIG. It was wonderful when I got to take that note down.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    JuJuBeez said:

The scary part for me is, I haven't had chemo! I had radiation, now I'm on Tamoxifen. If I had chemo, I probably wouldn't remember my name...

It's called Mush for brains
    And I am not sure when and if it ever goes away so if anyone else has that info It would be good to know. I about to go into my second year since DX and I can't remember S---. LOL
    Kathy ~
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    jamiegww said:

but I forgot my wig. I was on my way to radiation treatment and wondered why the air conditioning felt so cold on my head. It was only then that I realized I had forgotten to put on my wig. Fortunately I had a scarf in the car so I didn't have to totally expose my bald head to the world but after that I taped a note to the door with big letters WIG. It was wonderful when I got to take that note down.

Oh jamie thats funny !!!

Oh jamie thats funny !!!
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Glad to hear I'm not along.
    Glad to hear I'm not along. Yesterday I had to call my daughter off from school because she was not feeling well. They ask me my phone number to verify I am her mother. I completely forgot my number. I made up a number hoping they didn't need to contact me. I was too embarrassed to call back and tell them, so I called the number I had given them and it was a disconnected number. You talk about swiss-cheese brain. OMG.
    Sparkle
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    Thanks for the laughs,
    Thanks for the laughs, ladies! I do not have a story as yet, but mine will come. The only thing I have done is go to the garbage can without my head cover and with a mask on. I forget that, being holed up for the winter, that my neighbors don't know I'm sick. Hope no one has noticed me. I had better remember a head cover because I'll get a sun burn in the future!
  • disneyfan2008
    sparkle1 said:

Glad to hear I'm not along.
    Glad to hear I'm not along. Yesterday I had to call my daughter off from school because she was not feeling well. They ask me my phone number to verify I am her mother. I completely forgot my number. I made up a number hoping they didn't need to contact me. I was too embarrassed to call back and tell them, so I called the number I had given them and it was a disconnected number. You talk about swiss-cheese brain. OMG.
    Sparkle

@sparkle...too funny
    I wonder if they called or checked file...hehe

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    jamiegww said:

@Jamie....also got me laughing
    good ones...

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    JuJuBeez said:

JuJU@
    NO chemo huh? me neither..but so far ON occassion I forget things..not very often..but I THOUGHT just my age...51!

Denise

Does radiation effect memory?
  • disneyfan2008
    JuJuBeez said:

JuJU@
    NO chemo huh? me neither..but so far ON occassion I forget things..not very often..but I THOUGHT just my age...51!

Denise

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    jamiegww said:

Oh yeah,
    I forgot that I forgot my wig a couple of times. I ususally remembered about the time I got the car out fo the garage because something didn't feel right. I didn't wear anything on my head while in the house, it was just too warm, so it was easy to forget that.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Katmy said:

Thanks for the laughs,
    Thanks for the laughs, ladies! I do not have a story as yet, but mine will come. The only thing I have done is go to the garbage can without my head cover and with a mask on. I forget that, being holed up for the winter, that my neighbors don't know I'm sick. Hope no one has noticed me. I had better remember a head cover because I'll get a sun burn in the future!

No chemo but
    I didn't need chemo so not sure what my memory problems are.I forget more now than before.Me and my husband.I remember alot but not like before.I was always the one my friend would say to ask since I remember everything.We would be working on our class reunion and she would say she will remember.She never forgets.Not now though.This friend is a 16 year survivor and when I say somethng to her she will say I can't remember and reminds me of her chemo treatments and how she still doesn't remember alot(even after 16 years).

I think what's with me is I am still trying to digest it(cancer) all. I am a survivor but only been 1 1/2 years.Still think about my diagnosis and get overwhelmed. My friend also blamed tamoxifin.I take that too and I wonder.I just notice my hair thinning but will read over the tamoxifin side effect because I think that is one of them.Memory loss.

Funny a couple of you forgetting your wigs!!!!!!!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Katmy said:

Thanks for the laughs,

Just yesterday
    I was at my daughters house yesterday and offered to make koolaid. My grandson picked out the flavor he wanted. It was one of the invisible flavors that are clear. Maybe 30 minutes later I walked back in the kitchen and saw the pitcher,well it was clear so I poured out the "water" to make the koolaid! Of course what I poured out was the pitcher of clear koolaid! I realized as the last of it went down the drain what I had done! God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Finished chemo 1 1/2 years ago
    and I still can't remember peoples names, real people, actors whoever. I also used to be really good remembering number, phone numbers, addresses, etc and now sometimes I can't even remember my own. Then there's the whole go into a room and have totally forgotten why. I also find I'm very dyslecsic (sp) on the computer. I know what I'm trying to say, I know how to spell it but it usually comes out backwards.

I'm sure it's a combination of chemo and getting old (57).

marge
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Finished chemo 1 1/2 years ago
    and I still can't remember peoples names, real people, actors whoever. I also used to be really good remembering number, phone numbers, addresses, etc and now sometimes I can't even remember my own. Then there's the whole go into a room and have totally forgotten why. I also find I'm very dyslecsic (sp) on the computer. I know what I'm trying to say, I know how to spell it but it usually comes out backwards.

I'm sure it's a combination of chemo and getting old (57).

marge

?????
    What was the question?
  • disneyfan2008
    MAJW said:

?????
    What was the question?

haha hehe LOL
    Too funny ...you are...
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

JuJU@

Denise

I forget a lot, and, I just
    I forget a lot, and, I just blame it on having cancer brain :(