Farewell Friends!

Options

Comments

• LindaJS
    LindaJS Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didnt get to know you but
    I didnt get to know you but I wanted to share my thanks and love. This board and its posts kept appearing everytime I searched for information on my husbands diagnosis. Please know that the information you have shared has been like a beacon to me and my family. Inspirational and comforting. Thank you.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    LindaJS said:

I didnt get to know you but
    I didnt get to know you but I wanted to share my thanks and love. This board and its posts kept appearing everytime I searched for information on my husbands diagnosis. Please know that the information you have shared has been like a beacon to me and my family. Inspirational and comforting. Thank you.

Dear John,
    Please know that

Dear John,

Please know that we love you. May you be blessed from heaven.

You will leave behind a legacy of a time spent here on earth in good deeds which will continue to grow through your son.

Your eternal soul will continue to be a source of inspiration and encouragement, especially to all whose lives were touched by you.

May memories of happiness be helpful and comfort you now.

Please know that we love you. May you be blessed from heaven.

Lizzy (Lou Ann)
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    The Title Said It All.....
    John

Read the title and knew something was amiss. After reading your post and the responses that followed, I sit here trying to soak it all in and trying to make sense of it all, but I cannot.

I know you explored every avenue that there was to try - you did so many good things here and for yourself. You shared the information you acquired along the way. You traveled down paths that few of us would dare follow - you were a trailblazer.

I only pretend to have strength, but yours is the real deal. I've "listened" to you for almost 2 years now and just don't want to see you not be here and in this world. I know you've had much pain and suffering during your journey and I hope the other side is all that it is being billed to be. I'll be anxiously awaiting your post once you get there and get the lay of the land.

You're a good man and a tower of strength to all who have known you. I will miss you. And thanks for "listening."

Semper Fi!
    -Craig
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Sweet John
    I am impressed with your words and I hope that when it is my time I will let go with the grace, peace and love that you show. May God bless your family and keep them safe until you meet again and may God wrap you gently in his arms as he guides you home. Thank you for the time that you gave to our country - you will not be forgotten.
    hugs
    Shanna
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    you lived strong
    Hi John,

I'm not wanting to believe that this is really it for you. You fought hard and, indeed, were a trailblazer. Due to information you shared, I looked into several new things and discussed a few different things and possibilities with my oncologist. I thank you for that and for showing such bravery in the face of fire. As you said in a post awhile back, your doctors said you should have already been dead several times, but you always found some new treatment and came through. You are tough as nails, John!
    But every human is just that- human, and I guess a body can only take so much.
    I'm so sorry it has really come to this.
    Your wife and son will have it hard, but they will come through & your son will always know that his dad fought hard and kept going for a long time because of him and because of your strong love for him.
    Walk to Jesus, John- and I hope to meet you on the other side one day.

Affection and strength-
    Lisa
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    John
    Your courage is astounding. Your calm in the face of this adversity is inspiring to me. I keep you and your family in my prayers. I thank you for your service to our country. Peace be with you John.

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be at your back.
    The sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again, til we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

--Irish blessing

Amy
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352
    Options

Sweet John
    I am impressed with your words and I hope that when it is my time I will let go with the grace, peace and love that you show. May God bless your family and keep them safe until you meet again and may God wrap you gently in his arms as he guides you home. Thank you for the time that you gave to our country - you will not be forgotten.
    hugs
    Shanna

There are but few words!!
    to express how this makes me feel (horrible, saddened, fearful) John I have known you only for a short time and only by reading a few post's but you have touched me and I am deeply saddened by your apparent destiny. I will pray for your son and your family. Semper Fidelis my friend as I wipe away some tears.
    Tom
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    Options
    Irish Blessing
    that was posted are my thoughts to you also. I have not posted on your threads, but have watched your journey, my prayers to you and your family. Pat
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear John
    May the remaining days be spent with your loving family around you.

May you have peace in your heart and no pain in your body.

Thank you for being you.

Your legacy to each of us here at CSN is without measure.

Big hugs to carry you forward to the next part of the journey.

Marie who loves kitties
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't want to say goodbye
    Dear John,

I am relatively new here and I have only known you for a short period of time but I don't want to say goodbye to you. My heart is broken when I read this post. I have never had this feeling in this board.

May your days fill with love, happiness and peace!
    Love Dora
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    luvmum said:

I don't want to say goodbye
    Dear John,

I am relatively new here and I have only known you for a short period of time but I don't want to say goodbye to you. My heart is broken when I read this post. I have never had this feeling in this board.

May your days fill with love, happiness and peace!
    Love Dora

Just really not words!
    Didn't want to hear that!
    God bless you amigo mio!
  • krf
    krf Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Thank you, John. Your
    Thank you, John. Your wisdom and courage have been a great help to everyone on this board.
    Peace be with you.
    Kim
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    John
    John, your post touched me and breaks my heart. I have always enjoyed reading your comments here and learn something from each of them. And that something is used and passed on to another friend. That's how I figure I use my cancer. Tears are streaming down my face and I want to wrap my arms around you! Thank you for your commraderie and friendship! And this goes for now and forever!! I still have in my heart you will be around with me and the others to see us all through the issues we share on here as we will be here for you, not in the way you described will happen. You're going to be here with us!

Love and hugs to you and your family, Gail
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    John
    I am so sorry to read this. So sad. I want to thank you for sharing this journey with me and all that you have contributed. May you and your family find strength and peace during this time. Please know that you have made a difference here and that your valiant fight was not in vain. Many hugs and prayers to you and those you love.
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    NO!!!
    @Snommintj: John!!!! Please don't leave!!! We need you! I need you!!! Don't say things like that!! Maybe you'll hang around much longer because you are strong!!! I can't believe this!! I get sooooo upset anytime I hear someone failing due to cancer! I hate cancer!!! Now, I'm so pissed...not at you!!! At the cancer! And it is awesome to know you and I'm not willing to accept that you are ready to leave!!! You have to be around!!! But at the same time, I will cross all my fingers for you (Sorry, I don't have a god to pray to) so that you won't suffer at all!!!
    Please take care,
    Sophie
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Dear John, You have been an

Dear John, You have been an inspiration to us and we will not forget your brave struggle. May God bless you for all of eternity. Rest well. -- Cynthia and Rick
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Dear John, You have been an

Dear John, You have been an inspiration to us and we will not forget your brave struggle. May God bless you for all of eternity. Rest well. -- Cynthia and Rick

Sorry to read this.
    You fought so hard, its what we all fear wont happen to us with this dreadful disease.
    prayers to you and your family.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    My dear John
    Holding you, and your family, in the light. I will not forget you, and I will miss you.

much love, Leslie
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news.
    So sorry to hear this news. Your strength and courage will continue to inspire everyone who has ever read a post by you. Please say Hi to my mom and the other CSN friends for me, see you on the other side.

:(
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this!
    You are an inspiration to everyone of us. My heart aches for you and your family. I know the Lord with wrap His loving arms around you and you will not suffer anymore. May God bless you and your family.

With all my love,
    Sara