Farewell Friends!

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
My friends! My liver has failed and there are no other options available for me. I was sent home today on hospice care and they will monitor me at home until my last few days. I believe I will get to fully enjoy this weekend and perhaps some of next week. Soon after the start of next week rising ammonia levels in my body will make my brain loose awareness and then I will die.
Please know that many of you have inspired me to live better and fight harder. I wish victory, peace, and solace for each and everyone of you.

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh John
    this breaks my heart tremedously... I cry as i write this. You befriended me instantly and I felt so close to you. You have inspired me in many ways, more than words could ever express. You are so passionate, so loved and I dont want this to happen to you. John I want to say the right things but I just can't nor do I know the right words. I want to take this away from you and not let this world have another one of my friends be taken so soon, so young. My heart is truly breaking for you and your beautiful family. John Please know that there are so many of us that you have help, moved, encouraged, and I need to thank you my friend. You are and always will be on my mind and in my heart. -Melissa
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    This is tough to hear John.
    This is tough to hear John. Please know that you have been a great source of strength, inspiration, and information to me. Knowing you has made me a better cancer fighter. Knowing you has also made me a better person. Many times you have lifted me up.
    I wish you peace and happiness.
    Roger
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Peace, John
    Although I joined this group too late to get to know you much, I wish we'd had more time... peace be with you and thank you for your all of your efforts.
    Janine
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My dear John
    Should my tears stop, I would be smiling at all that you have taught me, watching and seeing your posts for the year I've been on here.
    Your hopes, your joys, your sadness, your pain, you've shown, allowing us to know that we too, can carry on through all the hardships, and my good man, you've had plenty.
    Go with God John, from your posts I believe you have lived and loved well, and there is only a better place for you. I'm sure there are wings and warmth awaiting you John, I know that you can go in peace.
    Thank you for the inspiration that you have given me, making me fight hard for my surgeries.
    Take care my friend, I shall be thinking of you now and in the future.
    My love to you,
    Winter Marie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear soul! I am wrapping my arms around you!
    I am carrying you with me, all of the time, safe in my heart. Rest, dear one...you have fought a noble battle!

All my love and warm hugs, Kathi
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    godbless you mate
    Oh John,

This is the sadest news.
    You have inspired me a huge amount.
    I cannot thankyou enough.
    I will miss you here,
    I won't forget you,
    I'll pray for your family and your son.

Godbless you again and may the rest of your days be filled with peace and love.

love,
    Pete
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    John my hearts broken by this news.
    You and I both came to this board the same time. I was afraid of you at first, just thought you were so strong and I admired your courage. Then I saw you were just a gentle giant, oh John I really don't know what to say. I am in tears as I write this. You have fought so hard.
    Can't say anything any more. You are in my thoughts and prayers my csn brother.

Love and hugs to you
  • godbless you mate
    Oh John,

This is the sadest news.
    You have inspired me a huge amount.
    I cannot thankyou enough.
    I will miss you here,
    I won't forget you,
    I'll pray for your family and your son.

Godbless you again and may the rest of your days be filled with peace and love.

love,
    Pete

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    John
    John,
    As I was signing on I knew we would hear from you. You came to my mind right away. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I pray that your journey over the next few days will be free from pain and filled with love and peace. You are a wonderful person John and you will be remembered. I am honored to have known you. Go in peace my friend.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Peace to you my friend
    We will remember you,Ron.
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    ron50 said:

Peace to you my friend
    We will remember you,Ron.

John,
    I don't know how to

John,
    I don't know how to digest this news. You will be in my thoughts as you complete your journey.

Kathy
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

John,
    I don't know how to

John,
    I don't know how to digest this news. You will be in my thoughts as you complete your journey.

Kathy

John .........
    ever vigilant, always blunt and to the point,precise in every word, and dedicated to his family as well as all of us here. We hold you in utmost honor and love in our hearts. Although we will miss you greatly, we know where you will be, and that thought will comfort all. Go in peace my friend, the world is a much better place because of you......We will meet again.........Clift
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    John
    No words to tell you how I feel,you have been an example of courage on this board,I will miss you.
    Big hug for you and your family.
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    Buzzard said:

John .........
    ever vigilant, always blunt and to the point,precise in every word, and dedicated to his family as well as all of us here. We hold you in utmost honor and love in our hearts. Although we will miss you greatly, we know where you will be, and that thought will comfort all. Go in peace my friend, the world is a much better place because of you......We will meet again.........Clift

Oh dear John
    I dont know what to say as i sit here and cry.all i know is that i will never forget you .go in peace and may God hold you in his arms lots of love Tina
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Thank you and peace
    Thank you for all the wisdom, grace and love you brought to us all. I wish you peace for your remaining time.

Love,

Tara
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Go in peace...
    Oh, dear, dear John.

You say you believe you will be able to enjoy the weekend and some of next week. The only comfort I have in this news is that well beyond next week, you will be at peace and in no pain.

You have been such a wonderful, inspiring contributor to this board, and I will miss you, my friend. You have fought the good fight, and I was so hoping you would be able to stare down the BEAST one more time.

I'll be praying for a peaceful, pain-free journey for you,and I will look forward to finally meeting you one day.

With much love,
    Gail
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Dear John:
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your encouragement to all. May your journey now be free of pain. I'm so sorry it has now come to this.

Have a peaceful and pain free journey my friend, you will be missed and not forgotten.

Hugs to you and your family -

Tina
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry John
    I'll be praying for you and your extended family. We won't forget you and neither will they.

Diane
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry John
    I'll be praying for you and your extended family. We won't forget you and neither will they.

Diane

farewell john
    i will not cry for you.you are one of the toughist people on here i know.have the faith because i know you will be going to a beautiful place where i am sure other family members and friends await you.i hope you do not suffer much on your journey to the other side.Godbless forever...johnnybegood
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    I dont know what to say
    I dont want to say goodbye, so I will say I will see you later, as I know you will be up there in heaven with the angels....I am so very sorry, you fought so hard, and we are all so blessed to have had the honor of knowing you. From one VET to another, Thank you for your service as well, and America thanks you!!

God Bless you
    HUGS
    Beth