I'm back ... and so is my cancer

Options
124»

Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    heartbroken
    Dear Jim, I am truly so very sorry and heartbroken to hear that. Damn this disease, it just never takes a rest. I hope the treatments won't be too bad and in the end, i hope they do what they're suppose to. YOu will definitely be in my prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Debbie Jeanne
  • peterfrancis
    peterfrancis Member Posts: 1
    Options
    hi jim.
    Pete from UK.Had tonsil cancer 11 yrs ago,apparently mega tumour taken out in op..16 sessions of radio,after having mask made.head was clamped during radio treatment.After effects from radio not pleasent,was still knackered 12 to 18 months after.I m still here breathing..My thoughts are with you,remember every day is one more hurdle.kEEP YOUR CHIN UP,BE AS POSITIVE AND OUTGOING AS POSSIBLE.YOU CAN WIN.
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Thinking of you
    Jim:

I was just reading the new posts here and I was sure I had posted to you when you first shared this with us; but since I don't see it I'll post again! Needless to say I was saddened to hear your cancer had returned; but sounds like they've got a plan and you have been in my daily prayers. You have been such a blessing and a comfort to me and I am eternally grateful. Good luck with your treatment and keep us posted.

Jan (Basketcase)
  • KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options

Thinking of you
    Jim:

I was just reading the new posts here and I was sure I had posted to you when you first shared this with us; but since I don't see it I'll post again! Needless to say I was saddened to hear your cancer had returned; but sounds like they've got a plan and you have been in my daily prayers. You have been such a blessing and a comfort to me and I am eternally grateful. Good luck with your treatment and keep us posted.

Jan (Basketcase)

:(
    I just want to offer my love and support while you're going through this tough time. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Kristyn
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options

:(
    I just want to offer my love and support while you're going through this tough time. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Kristyn

Good Luck Jim
    Jim
    When I came to this site, you were a fixture with your supportive posts. I know you started treatment this week and I want to send all those supportive thoughts back your way as you undertake another round of Rads. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks. I think you kicked cancers a** once already, now it's time to kick it once more....
    All the best to you,
    Steve
  • Dragons7-7-2010
    Dragons7-7-2010 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    prayers headed your way..
    Jim,

prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. From what I have read all the HPV cancers are very treatable so while it sucks that you have a new HPV cancer and one that is rare maybe that will work in your favor as far as treatment success.

Glad to know you have such good care at Johns Hopkins as I am seriously considering a move back up to the northeast in the next year or so to be closer to friends / family. I have been praying about it and if that is the step God (my higher power) is calling me to make now that I am done treatment and have my first NED diagnosis. BTW - I graduated from the University of Delaware so I have a special place in my heart for Delaware. Who knows maybe I will see you up there some time in the future. Glad to know there are H&N cancer survivors in Delaware.

I know its tough to stay positive but I'll say it anyway stay positive and as my college friend always tells me don't let the turkeys get your down. And chin up little soldier as there is a blessing over the rainbow you just have to get across it.

~ Cibil in Texas.
  • arjenkins
    arjenkins Member Posts: 36
    Options
    delnative said:

Thanks to all
    You can bet this was a major blow to me, and yet there are some very odd positives to it.
    I'd made tentative plans to retire this summer and was discussing doing pro bono editorial work for the American Cancer Society with the folks in my local chapter. I was having a very difficult time deciding whether to pull the trigger and actually retire, and I was asking God in my prayers to steer me in the right direction. Many times I said to Him, "Lord, you know I can be kind of dense, so if it takes a smack upside the head to have me make the right decision, I'm ready." Little did I know He'd hit me with a roundhouse to the jaw.
    Now my path is clear. I will kick cancer's a*s, just like I did with tonsil cancer. I will retire, and I will do volunteer work for the cancer society. I have faith that this is God's plan for me, and He's not going to bump me off just yet.
    Also, as we've all experienced in our battles with the beast, looking your own mortality right in the eye has a way of grounding you in the things that are important. Love, family, friends -- including my virtual friends here -- this is the stuff that matters. Charlie Sheen? Stars with cellulite? Not so much.
    I'll drop by from time to time to see how y'all are doing and maybe to give a little update. It will be an interesting experience, I'm sure.
    Once again, my heartfelt thanks to all.

--Jim in Delaware

prayers for you
    Jim,

So sad and shocked as you and everyone else are. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. God has a plan and it isn't always as we would have designed it and that is the hard part. Best of luck with retirement and volunteering. You were one of the first to respond to me when I first joined the board and I thank you. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

keep us posted

Andrea