I'm back ... and so is my cancer

Options

Comments

• rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    charles55 said:

twice is two times too many
    Jim, I am so sorry you have to face this again. You have been such a support for others along this path. You know the routine, and you know a lot more now than the first time you went through treatment. You did beat the tonsil cancer, and there is no reason to think you can't beat the lung cancer, too, since you caught it so very early. You are definitely in my prayers. charles.

Jim
    I understand where you are coming from & am also waiting to do more test's etc. I am sorry you have to go through more treatment etc. Thank you for explaining everything as it help's
    those of us who may have to face the same outcome. I am in the watch & wait process & appreciate any advice or knowledge that I receive from you & everyone else on CSN. Your Dr's
    are doing a fine job & I know you will do great! Please keep us posted & I will do the same
    as soon as I know what I am facing! My thought's & prayer's are with you as you go through this next journey!
    God Bless
    Roz
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    rozaroo said:

Jim
    I understand where you are coming from & am also waiting to do more test's etc. I am sorry you have to go through more treatment etc. Thank you for explaining everything as it help's
    those of us who may have to face the same outcome. I am in the watch & wait process & appreciate any advice or knowledge that I receive from you & everyone else on CSN. Your Dr's
    are doing a fine job & I know you will do great! Please keep us posted & I will do the same
    as soon as I know what I am facing! My thought's & prayer's are with you as you go through this next journey!
    God Bless
    Roz

OMG, Jaw on the floor.
    Jim, I read this this morning with shock. My fingers do not know what to type. I am so sorry that you are facing this enemy again. I really feel an "all for one; one for all" kind of feeling right now. This turn of events for you strikes at all of us. I hope you stay with us here as well as join the lung board. I know my supportive words will flow when the shock has left my body and my brain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of those who love you.
    Kim
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Sorry to hear
    I am sorry you got the bad news. I know with your attitude you can beat this again. I will send you tons of good thoughts and prayers.

Kathy
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Delnative - Jim
    WOW, I am totally in shock at your post...I don't really know what to say.

While the positives aound promising and it is what it is, and you will deal with it. I'm still very sorry to hear this news.

You are definitely top on my thoughts and prayers list Jim....

John
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Delnative - Jim
    WOW, I am totally in shock at your post...I don't really know what to say.

While the positives aound promising and it is what it is, and you will deal with it. I'm still very sorry to hear this news.

You are definitely top on my thoughts and prayers list Jim....

John

Like the many on this board,
    Like the many on this board, it does come as a shocker. Some times, it is difficult for me to remember who was here until they re-appear on the board. My prayers are with you during the second round. Am glad to hear that it will not be as difficult.
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear the bad news
    Jim,
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. You've been such a comfort and an inspiration for me throughout my treatment and recovery. You truly don't deserve this, but then again, no one does. Sending healing thoughts your way for a complete recovery and a long and healthy life. I'll be holding you in my thoughts.

Deb
  • Ed_PortOrange
    Ed_PortOrange Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Well Wishes
    Jim,

Stay positive, this too will pass. Your in my prayers, you've been a help to us all.

Ed
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sorry Jim
    All of our worst nightmares for sure. Amazing that you are able to see the bright sides. Glad to hear treatment won't be as difficult. Hate to lose you to the lung cancer group. Those guys aren't near as fun as we are. I hope you stick around here too. Just curious; have you researched your family tree? I've detected a lot of soul in some of your posts. I'm thinking of you and praying heavy for ya. Keep us posted.

Bob
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Sorry Jim
    All of our worst nightmares for sure. Amazing that you are able to see the bright sides. Glad to hear treatment won't be as difficult. Hate to lose you to the lung cancer group. Those guys aren't near as fun as we are. I hope you stick around here too. Just curious; have you researched your family tree? I've detected a lot of soul in some of your posts. I'm thinking of you and praying heavy for ya. Keep us posted.

Bob

Thinking of you Jim
    You've taken a hit and have taken a small step back, but will will leap forward with your will and determniation, My prayers and thoughts are with always Jim...Dennis
  • davidgskinner
    davidgskinner Member Posts: 81
    Options
    dennis318 said:

Thinking of you Jim
    You've taken a hit and have taken a small step back, but will will leap forward with your will and determniation, My prayers and thoughts are with always Jim...Dennis

thud...
    That is just really a disappointing bit of news. Like many here I have always drawn encouragement and hope from your posts. Your advice and personal journey have made all of our experiences a little bit more manageable. I sincerely appreciate your willingness to stick around here when you didn't need to. I wish I had good advice... You have a good store of positive karma as far as I can see. I will send my little bit of positive energy your way.
  • Tanager75
    Tanager75 Member Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Darn
    Jim,

I did notice you have not been posted lately. I tend to look for your name and a few others whose story resonates with me. I feel sad right now. I know from reading your posts that you have the faith and strength to be of service through your new, new normal. I appreciate the time you have taken to record your experience in such a way that it has been so helpful to so many. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. We are coming into the season of renewal and I hope your new journey will somehow be a blessing (with that said I hate cancer).

Peace be with you and yours,

Mark
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Tanager75 said:

Darn
    Jim,

I did notice you have not been posted lately. I tend to look for your name and a few others whose story resonates with me. I feel sad right now. I know from reading your posts that you have the faith and strength to be of service through your new, new normal. I appreciate the time you have taken to record your experience in such a way that it has been so helpful to so many. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. We are coming into the season of renewal and I hope your new journey will somehow be a blessing (with that said I hate cancer).

Peace be with you and yours,

Mark

Wishes & Prayers
    Are heading your way Jim. Keep up the positive attitude, I found out that helped me out a great deal. Again Wishes & Prayers
    Dave
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Crap
    Odd to think I'd be pleased that someone would develop a new cancer. Very sorry you have cancer - very glad it's different. Also glad the treatment won't be as punishing, but sorry it won't be a cake walk, I'm sure. Please keep us informed.

When my family would feel sorry for me because I couldn't eat my beloved catsup, I would tell them about you, going from catsup being too painful to eat to being back to eating hot peppers from your garden. Do well.
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Sorry about the news
    Jim:

So sorry to hear about the return; but does sound like there's a plan. Like I told Hondo you are in my prayers continuously and now will be without ceasing! You, too, have been a big comfort and source of support. Will be praying for you and your family.

Jan (Basketcase)
  • mswijiknyc
    mswijiknyc Member Posts: 421
    Options
    thinking happy thoughts
    and wishing and hoping for all the best. Lots of hugs.

April
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Jim
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear your news Jim. Stay strong and know we are all with you. Cheers

Jimbo
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi Jim
    Actually, I did wonder where you had gone! I am so sorry to hear of this new cancer. Because it is a different cancer it should respond well to treatment. Let us know how you are doing! My hubby gets his PET results the same day you start treatment. Take care!
    Karen
  • delnative
    delnative Member Posts: 450
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Hi Jim
    Actually, I did wonder where you had gone! I am so sorry to hear of this new cancer. Because it is a different cancer it should respond well to treatment. Let us know how you are doing! My hubby gets his PET results the same day you start treatment. Take care!
    Karen

Thanks to all
    You can bet this was a major blow to me, and yet there are some very odd positives to it.
    I'd made tentative plans to retire this summer and was discussing doing pro bono editorial work for the American Cancer Society with the folks in my local chapter. I was having a very difficult time deciding whether to pull the trigger and actually retire, and I was asking God in my prayers to steer me in the right direction. Many times I said to Him, "Lord, you know I can be kind of dense, so if it takes a smack upside the head to have me make the right decision, I'm ready." Little did I know He'd hit me with a roundhouse to the jaw.
    Now my path is clear. I will kick cancer's a*s, just like I did with tonsil cancer. I will retire, and I will do volunteer work for the cancer society. I have faith that this is God's plan for me, and He's not going to bump me off just yet.
    Also, as we've all experienced in our battles with the beast, looking your own mortality right in the eye has a way of grounding you in the things that are important. Love, family, friends -- including my virtual friends here -- this is the stuff that matters. Charlie Sheen? Stars with cellulite? Not so much.
    I'll drop by from time to time to see how y'all are doing and maybe to give a little update. It will be an interesting experience, I'm sure.
    Once again, my heartfelt thanks to all.

--Jim in Delaware
  • delnative
    delnative Member Posts: 450
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Hi Jim
    Karen

Thanks to all
    You can bet this was a major blow to me, and yet there are some very odd positives to it.
    I'd made tentative plans to retire this summer and was discussing doing pro bono editorial work for the American Cancer Society with the folks in my local chapter. I was having a very difficult time deciding whether to pull the trigger and actually retire, and I was asking God in my prayers to steer me in the right direction. Many times I said to Him, "Lord, you know I can be kind of dense, so if it takes a smack upside the head to have me make the right decision, I'm ready." Little did I know He'd hit me with a roundhouse to the jaw.
    Now my path is clear. I will kick cancer's a*s, just like I did with tonsil cancer. I will retire, and I will do volunteer work for the cancer society. I have faith that this is God's plan for me, and He's not going to bump me off just yet.
    Also, as we've all experienced in our battles with the beast, looking your own mortality right in the eye has a way of grounding you in the things that are important. Love, family, friends -- including my virtual friends here -- this is the stuff that matters. Charlie Sheen? Stars with cellulite? Not so much.
    I'll drop by from time to time to see how y'all are doing and maybe to give a little update. It will be an interesting experience, I'm sure.

--Jim in Delaware
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    delnative said:

Thanks to all

--Jim in Delaware

I can definitely relate to
    I can definitely relate to how sometimes prayers are answered in ways we don't expect, and are sometimes none to subtle. I have had to be hit on the head quite hard a few times, I am Sicilain after-all.

Glad to hear you will check in from time to time.