How Was Your Breast Cancer Found? With A Mammo, Self Exam or What?

Options
124»

Comments

• sandejosgirl
    sandejosgirl Member Posts: 5
    Options

Found it myself
    I found my lump breastfeeding on the 2nd of March. Thought clogged milk duct, made an apt. Couldn't get me in for 2 weeks.
    Turned 33 on the 9th, starting feeling nauseous so went to Urgent Care cause really thought it was mastitis. Ultra & mammo last Frid. Biopsy on Mon. Prelims are DCIS calcifications and we are still waiting for the 4cm tumor typing.

So...although my found lump myself you could say that my insanity started when my husband & I decided that 4 kids 6 and under was a good idea! :) What's cancer compared to that??

Cancer quote of the day
    From Faith (6.5 yrs old): Mom, if they cut off your breast, do we get to have lots of candy?
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Found mine by accident
    I had 3 cyst in my underarm that really hurt cuz one ruptured and if it wasnt for that i would of never went to the docs and i wasnt even going to tell her about the lump in my breast cuz i thought it was just another cyst to but she asked if i had anymore lumps and thats when i told her about the lump in my breast which was only about the size of a quarter. Who knew! Thru the mammo and ultrasound all the techs even said it was a cyst but the docs said it wasnt...ive learn not to ask the techs anything anymore.