Do you have children?

Options

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

I have the two...Gabe is 14,
    I have the two...Gabe is 14, Abby is 10. Breastfed both of them.

One boy, one girl
    Ages 41 (yikes!) and 38 (yikes again). I breastfed them both. I was 23 when I had my first child. I know it's supposed to increase our risk factors for developing bc if we were never pregnant, or were pregnant at an older age, and did not breast feed, but look at all of us - most of us do not have that risk factor, yet here we are.
    Suzanne
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    One Girl (21) One Boy (16)
    One Girl (21) One Boy (16) My cancer has been VERY hard on them. I try to protect them and pretend I'm ok, even when I'm really not. It's very hard.
    ~Kari
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Even though I'm divorced, I
    Even though I'm divorced, I still see my step-sons 22, 20, and 15. So all in all, I have 5 :)
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    3 & 2
    I have 3 Children, 25 boy, 19 girl, & 14 boy + 2 Grandchildren both almost 3-boy & girl.
    (No, not twins, born 3 months apart)
    I didn't BF either of them, dried up naturally, yet wondered at times if this had something to do with my diagnosis.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options
    Fun to find out all of the children and grandchildren too!
    I have 3 children, 2 boys (35 and 32)and then a girl (29). I breast fed all 3 of them. They are all married now and I am so lucky to love the ones they have married and they love me too. Blessed there. Each couple has a child so that makes 3 grandchildren! I have a little granddaughter who is 5, and two grandsons-- one is 9 months and one is 4 months. Love them all so much! My inspirations!
    The cancer has been hard on them in that I have such a bad family history and then two of them were so blessed with such healthy babies but they had fears about their mom and nannie to the babies.
    May God bless all of our children and grandchildren and keep them cancer free!
  • childofthestars
    childofthestars Member Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Children
    I have 2 children, 1 daughter 21 and a son 18, breast fed both for a short time. Was 25 when i had first child and was diagnosed with bc @35 NED since then but diagnosed last June with ovca (i'm now 46) how lucky am I!!!!!!
    I also have the most beautiful new grandchild who is 10 weeks old, my daughter's baby, she was born on the snowiest day of the year and they called her Summer!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Have Two!
    I was 34 when I had my son. I was diagnosed when he was about 14 months old. My daughter, who just turned 6, was a miracle baby that we were told we would never have. I had her about 4 years after my diagnoses.

Some may question ones sanity of trying to have a child after BC, but I refused to let it control the destiny of my life. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so the fear of having BC come back, though it is real, it doesn't get the better of me and control what destiny God has in store for my life.

Will be celebrating 10 years this Sept. :)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sal314 said:

Have Two!
    I was 34 when I had my son. I was diagnosed when he was about 14 months old. My daughter, who just turned 6, was a miracle baby that we were told we would never have. I had her about 4 years after my diagnoses.

Some may question ones sanity of trying to have a child after BC, but I refused to let it control the destiny of my life. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so the fear of having BC come back, though it is real, it doesn't get the better of me and control what destiny God has in store for my life.

Will be celebrating 10 years this Sept. :)

Blessings,
    Sally

2 adult girls 2 grandsons
    and all live home...! (with all their pets)
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options

2 adult girls 2 grandsons
    and all live home...! (with all their pets)

2 boys
    I have a 20 yr.old and a 14 yr.old never breast fed.was diagnosed with breast cancer at 49 last year in May and turned 50 while doing chemo.MOLLYZ
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

2 boys
    I have a 20 yr.old and a 14 yr.old never breast fed.was diagnosed with breast cancer at 49 last year in May and turned 50 while doing chemo.MOLLYZ

I have a 10 year old
    I have a 10 year old daugther. I nursed her for 10 1/2 months. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 44 years of age. I am 46 years old now. Come June 1st, I will be celebration my 2nd Survivorship Anniversary.
    BL
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options

I have a 10 year old
    I have a 10 year old daugther. I nursed her for 10 1/2 months. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 44 years of age. I am 46 years old now. Come June 1st, I will be celebration my 2nd Survivorship Anniversary.
    BL

I have my son 27
    and my daughter 21. I had Michael at 22 and breast fed both.

I have my 1st and only grandson (as of yet) from my son. His name is William.
  • trperko
    trperko Member Posts: 2
    Options
    kids
    I have 3 children. Ages are 2, 4, and 5. Age at diagnosis was 3 mos, 2, and 4.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    One daughter, breast fed. I
    One daughter, breast fed. I was first diagnosed when she was 4 and my onc said no more kids because my tumor was ER+.
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options

One daughter, breast fed. I
    One daughter, breast fed. I was first diagnosed when she was 4 and my onc said no more kids because my tumor was ER+.

WoW
    Goodness, what a minority I'm in..!!! =)
    Happy thoughts for all the kids and especially the grandkids!
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    2 boys
    Mike is 26 and Matt is 25. Did not breast feed. Mike is married, and both will graduate in May and go on to grad school in September.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    camul said:

2 boys
    Mike is 26 and Matt is 25. Did not breast feed. Mike is married, and both will graduate in May and go on to grad school in September.

childless
    except for one special 4-year old dog-ter!
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    I have two wonderful and
    I have two wonderful and challenging young ladies. One 22 and the another 18. Loves of my life.
    Sparkle
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    sparkle1 said:

I have two wonderful and
    I have two wonderful and challenging young ladies. One 22 and the another 18. Loves of my life.
    Sparkle

one son
    Yep ... one terrific son, the most-wonderful-daughter-in-law-in-the-world ... and 2 adorable grandsons. Unfortunaely ... they are in Connecticut ... and I'm in Indiana so I don't see them as often as I'd like ... which would be ALL of the time ... :-)

hugs.
    teena
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    four kids
    I had 4 children. Each of them were breast fed. The shortest time spent breast feeding was 3 weeks, the longest time spent breast feeding was a year. Experts think that it helps to fend off bc but in my case who knows. I am 54 and maybe I'd have had it earlier if I had not breast fed at all.
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    I have 3 kids. Had my first
    I have 3 kids. Had my first one at 36, last one at 42. Breast fed all three, probably did a total of 4 years breast feeding if you combine the time for all three.