I don't usually vent like this... but seriously...I need to blast!

Options
13»

Comments

• katznc
    katznc Member Posts: 70
    Options
    What the warriors know
    Hi Taleena,
    Unfortunately sometimes even our friends don't get it. But they also do not know how to respond to any of it, so they probably thought that they were saying something nice. That's what this board is for, to talk to people who do get it.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    katznc said:

What the warriors know
    Hi Taleena,
    Unfortunately sometimes even our friends don't get it. But they also do not know how to respond to any of it, so they probably thought that they were saying something nice. That's what this board is for, to talk to people who do get it.

That's right--this is exactly why we come here!
    So sorry, Taleena. Your post made me really mad. People don't realize what an emotional disease this is as well. My own sister made a really insensitive remark while I was in the middle of chemo. She said she really hoped I made it through or when my mom passes,she'd have to clean out my mom's house on her own! I cried for two days--I couldn't believe how insignificant she made my life seem. Then I spoke with my very wise son who told me not to ever let anyone else define you or your issues. It still hurt though.

So glad you vented here--we all sooooo get it!

Hugs and good luck,
    Renee
  • missrenee
    Options
    katznc said:

What the warriors know
    Hi Taleena,

So sorry, Taleena. Your post made me really mad. People don't realize what an emotional disease this is as well. My own sister made a really insensitive remark while I was in the middle of chemo. She said she really hoped I made it through or when my mom passes,she'd have to clean out my mom's house on her own! I cried for two days--I couldn't believe how insignificant she made my life seem. Then I spoke with my very wise son who told me not to ever let anyone else define you or your issues. It still hurt though.

Hugs and good luck,
    Renee
  • missrenee
    Options
    katznc said:

What the warriors know
    Hi Taleena,

Hugs and good luck,
    Renee
  • missrenee
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs and good luck,
    Renee

Oops
    Sorry--got a little excited and trigger happy!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs and good luck,
    Renee

Good Grief
    Some people need a hand to the head.Ouch. Yeah my mil told me when I was trying to decide to have a lumpectomy or mastectomy, "oh just have them cut off, it's not like you need them for anything. It's not like you will ever pose for Playboy."
    I gave her a blasting, which I will not repeat here.