Chemo starts tomorrow

Options
Kathleen808
Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dear Friends,
Thank you for your support as we figured our next steps. After we sat on it for a few days **** decided to start Folfori + Avastin tomorrow. They are going to monitor him very closely. He had a CAT without contrast on Saturday to get a baseline (I don't know why they didn't use the CAT with contrast from 2 weeks ago). He had a sigmoid scope on Friday and as I type he is having a colonoscopy. His GI doc wanted a look before chemo. He wants to see what the chemo has done to his colon, hopefully he won't see anything else.
We are adjusting to the idea of a new routine. **** is unbelievable in his strength. He truly blows me away.
I'll update. He should be coming out of colonoscopy. Gotta go.

Aloha,
Kathleen

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Kathleen
    I want to wish **** the very best results on his new chemo regimen. I have been on folfiri + avastin since Sept/09 with good results + it has for the most part been manageable. I hope the same for ****.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Kathleen
    Dear Kathleen,
    I wanted to let you know, I've been thinking about you and **** a lot lately, and am hoping that he does very well with his chemo.
    Keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Winter Marie
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    all the best to **** on this
    all the best to **** on this next path!
  • lagwag
    lagwag Member Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wishig you and **** all the
    Wishig you and **** all the best.
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Kathleen and ****
    Stay strong guys. ****, you can do this - for as long as it takes. Yer strong and you know it. Kim and I are routing for you.

Stay focussed. Many Sparks.

Roger
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Dear Kathleen, I just wanted

Dear Kathleen, I just wanted you to know that you're both in our thoughts. Stay strong dear, BIG HUGS go out to you both. Our best, Cynthia and Rick
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Kathleen:
    George and I wish you nothing but the best outcome with this new chemo treatment. George is strong like ****, and just completed his 3rd weekly treatment of CPT-11.

Just continue to be the caregiver and support to **** that you have since day one. Watch out for the fatigue, it hits George pretty hard, hair loss, runs to the bathroom for a few days so you may have to adjust his diet a little.

Best wishes - Tina
  • Kathleen808
    Options
    Thanks
    Thanks to all of you! ****'s colonoscopy went fine. The GI doc wanted to see what shape his colon was in after the chemo. It looked good. He has some slight redness near the rectum and we all agree it is because of the "water" poops he has every afternoon. The GI doc is going to start him on something to take care of that. I'll let you know how it goes. We are very pleased that there are no polyps.
    Thank you for your thoughts, sparks and prayers for tomorrow as **** dives back into this. I feel so sad that he has to do this but he has found the spirit to keep going. He has gained back the weight he lost before and he is in really good shape. I pray that he feels good on Friday.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Thanks to all of you! ****'s colonoscopy went fine. The GI doc wanted to see what shape his colon was in after the chemo. It looked good. He has some slight redness near the rectum and we all agree it is because of the "water" poops he has every afternoon. The GI doc is going to start him on something to take care of that. I'll let you know how it goes. We are very pleased that there are no polyps.
    Thank you for your thoughts, sparks and prayers for tomorrow as **** dives back into this. I feel so sad that he has to do this but he has found the spirit to keep going. He has gained back the weight he lost before and he is in really good shape. I pray that he feels good on Friday.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

that's good!
    Whew! I'm so glad the colonoscopy was good! Praying the chemo goes well! Please give **** a hug for me!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

that's good!
    Whew! I'm so glad the colonoscopy was good! Praying the chemo goes well! Please give **** a hug for me!

*hugs*
    Gail

great news
    I am so glad to hear that the colonoscopy went well and now it's on to the chemo part of the next fight. I pray that he will do well and that his side effects will be kept at a minimum.

Blessings,
    Bobby
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Dear Kathleen,hope all goes
    Dear Kathleen,hope all goes well for ****.Take care.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options

Thanks

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Kathleen
    I am really happy that the colonoscopy went well. Again, all the best to **** as he starts this new chemo cocktail.
  • hopeforcure49
    hopeforcure49 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Thanks

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Happy for you guys
    Stay on course. I'm sure this chemo will work for ****. Kathleen you are also a very strong person. It takes as much out of the family members as it does the person going thru this. **** would not be able to do this with out you, don't forget that. I wish you guys all the best in this up coming treatments. Hope **** does well. Blessings from Lourdes.
  • Kathleen808
    Options
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. We are set for **** to start tomorrow. I had set up for our daughter to get into school early so I would only be 10 minutes late to work. However, she had a Grand Mal Seizure tonight. Yep, the night before **** is to start chemo again. She has epilepsy and usually has one seizure a month. I just didn't expect it tonight, the night before **** starts chemo. Soooooo I am home again tomorrow, taking care of our sweetie. Then **** will come home and I'll take care of him too. We are actually doing well, watching a movie and hanging out. We could use prayers and good thoughts this week.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Thanks

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Kathleen
    you and **** are both amazing the love you both share is so strong I hope to find that one day. In the mean time glad he had a good scope and he will be fine with chemo and beat this.

Hugs
    Sonia
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Good luck
    Good luck, Kathleen...i agree, that boy you got there is a pillar of strength! And so are you! It's been a long road, and i hope that this is the last detour to NED.

Hugs,
    Krista
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Thanks everyone. We are set for **** to start tomorrow. I had set up for our daughter to get into school early so I would only be 10 minutes late to work. However, she had a Grand Mal Seizure tonight. Yep, the night before **** is to start chemo again. She has epilepsy and usually has one seizure a month. I just didn't expect it tonight, the night before **** starts chemo. Soooooo I am home again tomorrow, taking care of our sweetie. Then **** will come home and I'll take care of him too. We are actually doing well, watching a movie and hanging out. We could use prayers and good thoughts this week.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

awwww
    Wow, Kathleen, you really ARE the pillar of strength! I hope your daughter is okay. Poor little angel.
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Thanks

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Hugggggs Kathleen and ****!
    Awwww... I'm so sorry to here your little sweetie had the seizure tonight... but I guess it's a bit of a blessing that she had it with you at home rather than at school while you were with **** at the hospital/chemo unit?

Your whole family is one big unit of love... we can feel that across the pond, here. Both **** and your daughter have a wonderful strong mom/wife in their ball court and because of the power and connection between the whole family, you all will be able to get through anything that is thrown your way.

Now, you just have to work on the timing... that it doesn't all get thrown at you at the same time :D:D

I'll be thinking of you and sending loads and loads of Aloha your way!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • Kathleen808
    Options

awwww
    Wow, Kathleen, you really ARE the pillar of strength! I hope your daughter is okay. Poor little angel.

Warm thoughts
    Krista,
    Thank you for your warm thoughts. Just what I needed before heading off to bed.

Aloha,
    kathleen
  • Kathleen808
    Options

Hugggggs Kathleen and ****!
    Awwww... I'm so sorry to here your little sweetie had the seizure tonight... but I guess it's a bit of a blessing that she had it with you at home rather than at school while you were with **** at the hospital/chemo unit?

Your whole family is one big unit of love... we can feel that across the pond, here. Both **** and your daughter have a wonderful strong mom/wife in their ball court and because of the power and connection between the whole family, you all will be able to get through anything that is thrown your way.

Now, you just have to work on the timing... that it doesn't all get thrown at you at the same time :D:D

I'll be thinking of you and sending loads and loads of Aloha your way!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

Cheryl
    Cheryl,
    You always have kind things to say about our family and you always make me feel so good. Thank you. Yes, we will work on the timing of things. :)

Thinking of you.

Aloha,
    kathleen