I am still around

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to let you know that I am still around but will not be on much, we have been having frightful weather here and my daughter fell on the ice and broke her arm on Friday, so it has been a bad weekend. Now i have to find an orthopedic doctor today, hubby is working. The streets here are still a mess, with no parking. You can get your tires slashed or killed over a parking space, (just joking, but i do know someone who had their tires slashed), I am hoping I can get out today, and another storm on the way tonight!! My daughter is on the computer alot, so i may not be here much, plus I am very tired. So much to do, and she likes to eat!!

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Meena
    Hope your vigor comes back soon Meena. Rotten news about your daughter...try to take it easy...and thanks for letting us know. Take care. Pat
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Hope you
    can get your daughter to an orthopedist today. Thank God she didn't hit her head when she fell. I live in the Lehigh Valley in PA and we have had so much snow and ice last week I spent most of the week inside and that is NOT me.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    I'm still around too.
    We have another storm on the way tonight too, Meena. Up to a foot (or maybe more) of snow predicted to hit the Missouri Ozarks, possibly led off by some nice freezing rain. I'd rather take two feet of snow and tell them to forget the freezing rain, but I've learned it's much easier to let the weather do as it will. Hope you are resting comfortably and storing up energy to kick some AZZ!

Love,
    Joe
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Hi Meena!
    We worry about you Meena if we don't hear from you, so, just post when you can. You know you will be in all of our prayers, you are our HERO on here!

So sorry your daughter fell. That darn ice! Hoping you can find and get her to a doctor easily Meena.

You just take care of yourself and know that your pink sisters love you and are always praying for you and thinking of you.

Sue :)
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Aortus said:

I'm still around too.
    We have another storm on the way tonight too, Meena. Up to a foot (or maybe more) of snow predicted to hit the Missouri Ozarks, possibly led off by some nice freezing rain. I'd rather take two feet of snow and tell them to forget the freezing rain, but I've learned it's much easier to let the weather do as it will. Hope you are resting comfortably and storing up energy to kick some AZZ!

Love,
    Joe

Storm still headed your way
    Joe,
    I'm north and west of you (Lawrence, KS). We had freezing rain overnight; not much, but even the grass not covered with snow is slippery. Forecast here is for 7"-10" of snow tonight & tomorrow followed by wind and extremely cold. Time to hibernate with the dogs!
    -rainbow4
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-}
    Happy to hear from you Meena, sorry to hear about you daughter's accident. Please stay safe and warm and get lots of rest!

Big Hugs,

RE
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Hi Meena!
    We worry about you Meena if we don't hear from you, so, just post when you can. You know you will be in all of our prayers, you are our HERO on here!

So sorry your daughter fell. That darn ice! Hoping you can find and get her to a doctor easily Meena.

You just take care of yourself and know that your pink sisters love you and are always praying for you and thinking of you.

Sue :)

Ok, I won't worry -
    too much. Thank you for letting us know not to freak out if we don't hear from you. After a while, I'm sure we're going to get nervous, tho, so please post when you can. It's very thoughtful of you to think about letting us know what's going on with you when there's so much going on with you!

Suzanne
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi, Meena!
    Please, continue to take good care of yourself - even while caring for your daughter.

Kind regards, Susan
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Meena, so sorry
    about your daughter, just one more thing you needed, right? I hope you
    had a much better start into your week and that your daughter will recover
    soon.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Meena, so sorry
    about your daughter, just one more thing you needed, right? I hope you
    had a much better start into your week and that your daughter will recover
    soon.

Hugs,
    Ayse

sorry you life is so
    sorry you life is so complicated, pray for quick healing for your daughter and you.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Oh Meena, take care of yourself!
    Praying for both you and your daughter. It's supposeded to get freezing cold all the way down here in South Texas but my gosh! You guys up north are getting slammed!

Be safe Sister!!

Love,

Sylvia
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Sorry about your daughter's
    Sorry about your daughter's arm Meena. Hang in there with the weather. Thinking of you.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Meena,
    Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she isn't in too much pain. I know what you mean about the weather. YUK! I'm sure you are supposed to get the same snow/ice crap that we are tonight & the next couple days. Waiting for spring! Hope you are feeling better too. Planning on meeting Marlene sometime when the weather breaks, and she really really wants you to come to. We will come to you since you are probably mid point for us.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Thanks for checking in, glad
    Thanks for checking in, glad to hear from you. I don't check here as much as I used to but think of all of you often. Hope your daughter is not in too much pain!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Meena
    Please make sure to take care of yourself. Don't wear yourself out "babying" your daughter as all of us mothers think we need to do.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Thanks for checking in, glad
    Thanks for checking in, glad to hear from you. I don't check here as much as I used to but think of all of you often. Hope your daughter is not in too much pain!

Hoping your weather isn't
    Hoping your weather isn't going to be bad Meena. The bad weather is all over the news. Hoping your daughter will be fine and that you don't overdo it. Keep sleeping till noon and just relaxing.

Hugs, Debby
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Hi Meena, Thanks for letting
    Hi Meena, Thanks for letting us know what's going on with you. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Doesn't sound like it's getting in the way of her typing. Take care and post when you can. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Meena,
    So sorry about the

Meena,
    So sorry about the broken arm. And gosh those kids and there bad habits. Imagine eating, what will they think of next. Bet you thought I was talking and her being on the computer. LOL
    Glad you gave us an update. You rest (as much as you can while feeding the hungry, getting to doctors, watching out for random tire slashers, and battling bad weather). Gosh, that made me tired just writing it. Seriously, take care of yourself and I have you in my good thoughts and prayers.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

I'm still around too.

Love,
    Joe

Aortus,
    Good to hear from

Aortus,
    Good to hear from you also. I just love your avatar. It is such a happy picture and so full of love. I find it comforting to see you and Moopy arm in arm. Love the smiles. Hope you are doing okay. And I don't mean the weather (well that too). I think of Moopy often but with happy thoughts and good memories. She was a special lady.
    Stef
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Meena,
    So sorry about the

Meena,
    So sorry about the broken arm. And gosh those kids and there bad habits. Imagine eating, what will they think of next. Bet you thought I was talking and her being on the computer. LOL
    Glad you gave us an update. You rest (as much as you can while feeding the hungry, getting to doctors, watching out for random tire slashers, and battling bad weather). Gosh, that made me tired just writing it. Seriously, take care of yourself and I have you in my good thoughts and prayers.
    Stef

Still around also
    Meena glad your still around, im still arond also its just that we cant GET AROUND in this snow.. LOL! I am keeping you in my prayers hun, and your daughter...hope her arm heals quickly.
    God Bless, Jackie