Who are we 'cheering' for - Steelers or Green Bay ???

Options

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

I'm going with the Pack
    Will you share Clay Matthews with me VickiSam?

Hugs, Renee

The Steelers have a great
    The Steelers have a great team, as, do the Packers, but, going for the Steelers!

Trying to think of that dude that runs around with the hair on the Steelers defense. He is good!

Jan
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Waffle
    Where do you live in Pittsburgh? My daughter and her family live in Mt. Lebanon and I am going out there to visit her Feb. 3 - 5th.

Drove thru downtown on the
    Drove thru downtown on the way home from Cancer center and ESPN has taken over Sundance Square, Steelers have taken over TCU and our beautiful city is becoming steeleres nation!!!! Also read that the Steelers have reserved the ENTIRE Omni hotel in downtown!!!!

Note to self, no eating downtown for the next 2 weeks!!!!
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

AFC All the Way
    Hi,

I have to take Green Bay. I just think the AFC has the better teams. Of course being from MA I'm a hugh Pats fan, but it was not meant to be. I still support the AFC. I too will be lonely on Sunday once the game is over........I LOVE FOOTBALL!

Terry

Chemo Brain
    Okay I meant the Steelers, wow my chemo brain is getting bad, sorry pakers fans.
  • mom62
    Options
    mom62 said:

AFC All the Way
    Hi,

I have to take Green Bay. I just think the AFC has the better teams. Of course being from MA I'm a hugh Pats fan, but it was not meant to be. I still support the AFC. I too will be lonely on Sunday once the game is over........I LOVE FOOTBALL!

Terry

Chemo Brain
    Okay I meant the Steelers, wow my chemo brain is getting bad, sorry pakers fans.
  • mom62
    Options
    mom62 said:

Chemo Brain

I give up
    Now I can't spell and I double post, it's getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

I give up
    Now I can't spell and I double post, it's getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help .. I'm having withdrawls ... that is from FOOTBALL --
    Yikes .. say it isn't so .. no play-offs this week-end, Super Bowl next week--end ... oh my! Wait a minute, I think I have several play off games on TIVO .. okay, now I can relax, take a deep breathe -. I may have to go to Wall Mart or Target and get the 'best of' seasons 2004, 2005 and so on -- just to get me thru the next few months, until pre-season 2011. July's a long way off ...

Mrs. Peyton Manning
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Help .. I'm having withdrawls ... that is from FOOTBALL --
    Yikes .. say it isn't so .. no play-offs this week-end, Super Bowl next week--end ... oh my! Wait a minute, I think I have several play off games on TIVO .. okay, now I can relax, take a deep breathe -. I may have to go to Wall Mart or Target and get the 'best of' seasons 2004, 2005 and so on -- just to get me thru the next few months, until pre-season 2011. July's a long way off ...

Mrs. Peyton Manning

Pro bowl
    Don't forget the pro bowl this weekend. Better than nothing. :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Pro bowl

Crazy in DFW area
    My DIL is from Arlington TX and with the game being at cowboy stadium it is getting crazy there. My son and family do not live there but his in laws do. They were in Arlington yesterday and drove by the stadium. They said it looks very different and things are already getting crazy. My sons FIL has already said they are not leaving the house the weekend of the superbowl! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • pinkflutterby
    Options

Crazy in DFW area
    My DIL is from Arlington TX and with the game being at cowboy stadium it is getting crazy there. My son and family do not live there but his in laws do. They were in Arlington yesterday and drove by the stadium. They said it looks very different and things are already getting crazy. My sons FIL has already said they are not leaving the house the weekend of the superbowl! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Its funny too the local news
    Its funny too the local news keeps reporting that the out of towners are calling the whole area Dallas and its appearently making people in Arlington mad and Arlington people want to change the Dallas Cowboys to the Arlington Cowboys o PLEASE Now if they call Ft Worth Dallas, them be some fighting words LOL

The news also has a countdown on the bottom of the screen for the game, that is kinda annoying!!!
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options

Its funny too the local news
    Its funny too the local news keeps reporting that the out of towners are calling the whole area Dallas and its appearently making people in Arlington mad and Arlington people want to change the Dallas Cowboys to the Arlington Cowboys o PLEASE Now if they call Ft Worth Dallas, them be some fighting words LOL

The news also has a countdown on the bottom of the screen for the game, that is kinda annoying!!!

They will just have to get used to it.
    I lived in Irving for 27 years and they never called themselves the Irving Cowboys. I hope the expected economic benefits to the area are worth it in the long run. I'm amazed that they sold out of the "party passes" at $200 each which are standing room only outside the stadium. I sure hope the NFL is making a huge donation to the American Cancer Society. They certainly can afford it!!!
  • pinkflutterby
    Options
    jamiegww said:

They will just have to get used to it.
    I lived in Irving for 27 years and they never called themselves the Irving Cowboys. I hope the expected economic benefits to the area are worth it in the long run. I'm amazed that they sold out of the "party passes" at $200 each which are standing room only outside the stadium. I sure hope the NFL is making a huge donation to the American Cancer Society. They certainly can afford it!!!

they wont! They will line
    they wont! They will line their own pockets some more. I remember Irving wanting them to be called the Irving Cowboys too, at least I think I did LOL

I would NEVER EVER stand outside to watch the game WHY??? so very stupid.

Hey I should rent out a room in my house for $1000 a night and give some fool a ride to the stadium....... naw I'd get some freak
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Pro bowl

Yes, the pro bowl! At least
    Yes, the pro bowl! At least we will all have some kind of football to watch!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    beetle25 said:

Steelers all the way, have
    Steelers all the way, have been a steelers fan since I was little. Gooooooo Steelers

Go steelersssssssss!

Go steelersssssssss!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I find it funny .. the various reasons many of us
    cheering for another team, after our 'favorite' team did not make it to the Super Bowl. I love football and I am so happy, cuz it will be a wonderful defensive game. Love, my Clay Matthews and of course, Troy.

Yes, my husband and I will be hosting our annual Super Bowl party (we did not have 1 last year), while I was undergoing chemo and multiple surgeries. So I am really excited --!. My husband will be sporting his Steeler's t-shirt -- so I will have to run around town in an effort of locating a Green Bay Tee for game day -- otherwise, I will have to attempt to find -- yellow and green get up .. (Oregon Ducks - colors as well). I will decorate the lower portion of our home with ballons -- green/yellow and black/gold. I might even double freeze ice cubes with black berries, and lime or lemon bit's --. I think I run out to Joanne's fabric and purchase gold wire ribbon, yellow or green and make napkin rings in honor of our favorite teams.

Vicki Sam

Sounds like a great party
    Sounds like a great party Vicki Sam! But, I knew it would be with you hosting! :)

Sue :)
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    PACKERS
    VICKI SAM,

I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. The Packers beat Chicago Bears last week. I did root for the Bears. Now I will root for the Packers, as Wisconsin is our neighbor and I am also loyal to our neighbors

Hugs,
    Janelle.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

PACKERS
    VICKI SAM,

I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. The Packers beat Chicago Bears last week. I did root for the Bears. Now I will root for the Packers, as Wisconsin is our neighbor and I am also loyal to our neighbors

Hugs,
    Janelle.

Thank you Janelle! My huband and the majority of
    our friends are Steeler Fans, so next Sunday will be a hoot! I have ordered 36 balloons to distribute thru out our downstairs -- Formal Living room, Formal Dinning and Family room, kitchen .. oh my, I think I ordered all green and yellow, and maybe 2 black and yellow ...oopsy, my mistake!

I'll have fun preparing this week, and I think I may make several dozen cup cakes for dessert, for fun -- I am going to switch up my double choclate, double frosting cups and make a few sporting the Green Bay Packers colors of yellow/green frosting.... anything I can do to irritate my husband and son.. hehehe

Mrs. Clay Matthews
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Packers!!!!
    Running back James Stark is from near my hometown in New York. Nice to see a hometown boy in the superbowl!!! GO PACKERS
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    pbrndm5 said:

Packers!!!!
    Running back James Stark is from near my hometown in New York. Nice to see a hometown boy in the superbowl!!! GO PACKERS

to Mrs. Clay Matthews
    I mean Mrs. Troy Polumalo, oops, I mean Mrs. Peyton Manning - whoever you are, are the Colts ever going to make it to the SB again?

Mrs. Aaron Rodgers
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    As much as it PAINS me...
    I'm gonna be cheering on the Packers. The Bears will not look as bad that way! LOL. And... I really can't bring myself to root for the Steelers! :)

Sally
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    LOL...I have no idea! I
    LOL...I have no idea! I never watched football until the Saints started winning and then all of Lousiana started watching. I am still learning but I certainly understand the enthusiasm more now. If the underdogs are the Packers, I guess I'll root for them.