Options
124»

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    weazer said:

Meena
    Hi sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear your news.
    I hope and pray that trials will work for you and that your pain will ease soon,
    Hugs Karie

So sorry Meena ...
    Like the others ... I'm sorry about your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers ... and just know we're all with you right now ... and I hope you can feel our gentle hugs.

hugs,
    teena
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    meena1 said:

i found out today that the
    i found out today that the trial for the new drug is full, so I will not be getting it. The name of the drug is Tykerb and a couple other drugs. This is very disappointing. I am still going to fight, just need a new treatment plan. Thank you all for your good wishes, and remember that every day is a gift. So stop your bellyaching and enjoy every minute!

Meena
    you are so positive! You're right that every day is a gift and I wish you many more to come!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Oh Meena
    I am so sorry to hear this disheartening news. I pray that you are able to get a new treatment plan that will ease your pain. So many people are wrapping their arms around you with love and support.
    Love,
    Linda

I'm so sorry too Meena about
    I'm so sorry too Meena about this news. Praying that your oncologist will have an even better treatment plan for you. Sending love and prayers!

Debby
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    meena1 said:

i found out today that the trial for the new drug is full, so I will not be getting it. The name of the drug is Tykerb and a couple other drugs. This is very disappointing. I am still going to fight, just need a new treatment plan. Thank you all for your good wishes, and remember that every day is a gift. So stop your bellyaching and enjoy every minute!

Sorry
    Meena,

I am sorry for all of the roadblocks you are running into with your treatment plan. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it all better for you. All I can do is continue to keep you in my prayers.

Thank you for your comment: "and remember that every day is a gift. So stop your bellyaching and enjoy every minute!"

I needed that reminder for when I have a bad day at work (which happens often now) or when I am in pain (which also happens almost daily). I have to be reminded to count my blessings and have a more positive outlook. Thanks.

Take care and post when you can.

Wolfi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Meena,
    I thought that I had

Meena,
    I thought that I had replied to this post before but I hadn't. I am so sorry that you aren't able to be part of this trial but you are a fighter and I know you and your team will keep looking for another treatment plan. And I think your words about every day being a gift is so true. We are only promised today so we need to enjoy our lives each day. I will keep you stop your bellyaching reminder in my head and not fret over all the little insignificate trival stuff. I will laugh more, hug more, love more and care more and I thank you for reminding me of this. You are a true blessing and I will keep you snugly in my prayers and good thoughts.
    Stef
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Meena, I am praying hard
    Meena, I am praying hard that you get into a new treatment plan that helps. Thank you for being so strong and such an inspiration. Keep fighting fellow warrior!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

So sorry Meena ...
    Like the others ... I'm sorry about your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers ... and just know we're all with you right now ... and I hope you can feel our gentle hugs.

hugs,
    teena

Sorry about this Meena.
    Sorry about this Meena. Know that your pink sisters are all praying for you!

Update us when you feel like it.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Hi Meena, thanks for the
    Hi Meena, thanks for the update, I will be praying for you. Hope u can soon get some relief from the pain.

Lupe
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Hi Meena, thanks for the
    Hi Meena, thanks for the update, I will be praying for you. Hope u can soon get some relief from the pain.

Lupe

Thanks for updating us on
    Thanks for updating us on how you are feeling. I pray for you all of the time Meena, like the others.

When do you see your oncologist next to see what treatment you will begin?

Be sure and post so we can know.

Hug, Debby
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

waiting
    Meena, I've been waiting for you to post the results from your scan, but this is not what I wanted to hear! I'm sorry that you won't get into this trial, perhaps there will be another.

Lapatinib (Tykerb) was mentioned by my doctor as a possible option. I don't know what chemo drug would be used along with it. Many of the oncologists are on the same page as far as treatments for mets but some have different ideas. After Taxotere failed to work for me (it has worked well for some), remember, I started on Navelbine. It seems to be working well but I won't have another scan until January 31. Just wondering if your doc might consider it for you.

Words are hard to find that express how I'm feeling. You know I wish you the best. Stay strong, hopeful and courageous. God bless.
    Marsha

I pray for you too Marsha!
    I pray for you too Marsha! And, good luck with your scan on the 31st. Let us know your results.

Hugs, Susie
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    There must another way
    to get you this drug. I had no idea that the trial being "full" was an option. I thought they
    were researching to see if you fit their criteria. This is very disappointing news, I wish we
    could do something, how can they deny you?

Meena, I hope you found a way to ease your pain.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Oh Meena, I am sorry to read
    Oh Meena, I am sorry to read this news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.Hugs. Eil
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Oh Meena, I am sorry to read this news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.Hugs. Eil

Meena
    As you always do...stay positive Meena. My fingers are crossed and my arms are around you. Pat
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Not the news ...
    Oh, Meena, this was not the news I had hoped you would be hearing.I am glad that your involvement in the clinical trial seems likely. Keep us posted. In the meantime, I hope you pain control has been reevaluated and effective.Hang in there. Many prayers and positive thoughts are sent to you each day.
    Hugs, K
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Positive
    Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Margo

Hoping and praying by now
    Hoping and praying by now that you have help with your pain Meena.

Hugs,

Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Haven't seen you post lately
    Haven't seen you post lately and wondered how your pain was and how you were feeling.

Check in when you can and feel like it.

Lex