pet scan update

Options

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Meena,
    Sorry to hear the results weren't good. Sending prayers and a big hug your way.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Meena,
    Sorry to hear the results weren't good. Sending prayers and a big hug your way.

xoxo,
    Jean

i found out today that the
    i found out today that the trial for the new drug is full, so I will not be getting it. The name of the drug is Tykerb and a couple other drugs. This is very disappointing. I am still going to fight, just need a new treatment plan. Thank you all for your good wishes, and remember that every day is a gift. So stop your bellyaching and enjoy every minute!
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Options
    meena1 said:

i found out today that the trial for the new drug is full, so I will not be getting it. The name of the drug is Tykerb and a couple other drugs. This is very disappointing. I am still going to fight, just need a new treatment plan. Thank you all for your good wishes, and remember that every day is a gift. So stop your bellyaching and enjoy every minute!

I am sorry, but I am glad
    I am sorry, but I am glad you will continue to fight and I pray for you to have a new treatment plan.
    Love, Rhonda
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Oh Meena
    I am so sorry to hear this disheartening news. I pray that you are able to get a new treatment plan that will ease your pain. So many people are wrapping their arms around you with love and support.
    Love,
    Linda
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-(
    Oh Meena I am so sorry to get this news, however I have glad to hear that your doctor has an in with the research on this new drug. I hope they can get you on that drug asap so that you can start to feel better! Big hugs to you Meena, great big hugs!

♥ RE ♥
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    meena1 said:

Oh how I wish that you could
    Oh how I wish that you could just squeeze under that Tykerb door and be on your way. Since that isn't going to happen, I will pray that your pain can be controlled and that your new treatment plan will give you the healing and relief that you need. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-(
    Oh Meena I am so sorry to get this news, however I have glad to hear that your doctor has an in with the research on this new drug. I hope they can get you on that drug asap so that you can start to feel better! Big hugs to you Meena, great big hugs!

♥ RE ♥

waiting
    Meena, I've been waiting for you to post the results from your scan, but this is not what I wanted to hear! I'm sorry that you won't get into this trial, perhaps there will be another.

Lapatinib (Tykerb) was mentioned by my doctor as a possible option. I don't know what chemo drug would be used along with it. Many of the oncologists are on the same page as far as treatments for mets but some have different ideas. After Taxotere failed to work for me (it has worked well for some), remember, I started on Navelbine. It seems to be working well but I won't have another scan until January 31. Just wondering if your doc might consider it for you.

Words are hard to find that express how I'm feeling. You know I wish you the best. Stay strong, hopeful and courageous. God bless.
    Marsha
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this Meena. I think of you often and hope and pray this drug gives you some reflief. Many hugs to you,
    jan
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    I am sorry to
    hear this news. And sorry that you did not get into the trial program. I am sending you hope and the strength to get through the pain until you get your new treatment plan. As many others have said we are all standing with you in the fight. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • carlie48
    carlie48 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    In my thoughts!
    Meena, I was on this site on and off for almost a year and I remember you. These are tumors from your breast cancer that have spread? Please do all you can do, with trials and information. Fight this!! I hope that you are on pain meds to help you. Stay right on top of this, we are behind you!!!!! Carlie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    jamiegww said:

meena
    I hope the new drug kicks that cancer's a$$! I'm praying for you and hoping the pain will ease up.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

This is so disheartening
    This is so disheartening Meena. I am so sorry to read this. Praying that you will get in the trial and that the new drug will work and help you.

Keep us updated!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    meena1 said:

I just read where you said
    I just read where you said the trial is full. I am so sorry Meena, but, I know that with your fight mode, and, your great oncologist, that something will be out there that can help you.

Thinking of you and praying for you!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carlie48 said:

In my thoughts!
    Meena, I was on this site on and off for almost a year and I remember you. These are tumors from your breast cancer that have spread? Please do all you can do, with trials and information. Fight this!! I hope that you are on pain meds to help you. Stay right on top of this, we are behind you!!!!! Carlie

Dear Meena
    Sending you positive thought and good California weather.
    Wishing that your new treatment will be effective with minimal side effects.
    I am thinking of you ,
    hugs
    New Flower
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Dear Meena
    Sending you positive thought and good California weather.
    Wishing that your new treatment will be effective with minimal side effects.
    I am thinking of you ,
    hugs
    New Flower

Sorry to hear this.
    I'm so glad you have an opportunity to be in a clinical trial. Hope it kicks som bc butt! You'll be getting better while helping future bc sisters in the future. Hugs!

Roseann
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Sweet meena
    Prayers to God for a trial to open its doors to you. Prayers for pain to ease. I know you have vicodin and oxycodone. Have you tried a fentanyl patch? Ask. Prayers for strength to fight the beast. Prayers for you and your family's love to get through this. I feel in my heart theres a trial with your name on it. Love and hugs to you, Katz
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    PinkPearl said:

Oh not what we wanted to read
    I remember saying your posted name in prayer this very morning and now I read this but I know comfort and peace is being sent as you battle your way through this again.

Praying that the trial will
    Praying that the trial will prove very beneficial for you. Hang in there Meena.

We are all with you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Full? Maybe it will open up
    Full? Maybe it will open up to let more in Meena. I will pray that it will.

Please stay strong and please keep fighting as hard as you can.

You are our hero on here and we all love you and are supporting you. I pray you know that.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Sweet meena
    Prayers to God for a trial to open its doors to you. Prayers for pain to ease. I know you have vicodin and oxycodone. Have you tried a fentanyl patch? Ask. Prayers for strength to fight the beast. Prayers for you and your family's love to get through this. I feel in my heart theres a trial with your name on it. Love and hugs to you, Katz

Meena
    Hi sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear your news.
    I hope and pray that trials will work for you and that your pain will ease soon,
    Hugs Karie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

So very sorry, dear Meena
    You are always always always in both of our thoughts and prayers

I am praying for you!
    I am praying for you!

Hugs, Debby
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Meena
    I am so sorry you are experiencing this pain. There must be something that can be done. I've heard of some doctors who are giving Tykerb as standard therapy for mets rather than part of a trial. Sometimes even experimental treatments can be given outside of a trial. I was receving Zometa outside of a bisphosphenates trial and insurance even covered it. So perhaps there is another way for you to get this drug. Please let us know what your oncologist says.

Thinking of you.

Mimi