I am so done with recouperating! update 1/4/10

Options
khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It has been 3 weeks and 3 days since the big hernia repair. I am done with this sitting around, I am losing my mind. I am feeling better every day. I got through the holidays, started driving and doing errands and managed to meet a few friends one night for a drink. Initially the doc told me recovery would be 4 to 6 weeks. I have scheduled myself to work from home until mid January but this is not happening. I miss my office, I miss my coworkers and I can sit there just as well as I can sit here. I believe I am going to go into the office on Tuesday for a half day to sww how it goes. I am fortunate enough that I can wear my sweat pants ( jeans are still not comfortable) and tennis shoes. I have to try, I might have to do something drastic if I have to spend one more day looking at these walls. I moped the floor today and ran the sweeper, so if Ican do this, I can go to work.

Kathy

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy
    Very glad that you are feeling so much better that you are anxious to 'escape'!

Now is the time to use care and not over do it. The mind and body may not be on the same schedule. Half days seems like a good compromise.

Take care.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My kind of gal
    Go for it!!! Just know when to back off.

Love ya
    Kerry
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

Hi Kathy

Now is the time to use care and not over do it. The mind and body may not be on the same schedule. Half days seems like a good compromise.

Take care.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Kat,, main thing is no pushing or pulling........
    I have had 2 hernias and the second time around wouldn't be near as easy.......if your body says "probably not" then don't,,,you should be fine......Love to you.....Dr Phil....LOL
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Kathy,
    I'm so glad you are doing so well ! Just listen to your body and go for it!
    Hugs!
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    you go girl, with care tho
    I'm chimin' in and just going to go with all of the above for you!

Take care, Gail
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    That's amazing
    Go for it! But if your body starts telling you it's had enough, head for home!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Wonderwoman
    Kathy you are like wonderwoman! I admire your determination; but please don't overdo it.
  • khl8
    Options

Hi Kathy

Take care.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Marie,
    Thanks for the words!

Marie,
    Thanks for the words! Oh believe me, I will be careful and to make sure that I am paying close attention to what the body is saying! I am very lucky that my boss is soooo supportive and he might not even let me stay very long, but I really want to try!

Hugs back to you,
    Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Kat,, main thing is no pushing or pulling........
    I have had 2 hernias and the second time around wouldn't be near as easy.......if your body says "probably not" then don't,,,you should be fine......Love to you.....Dr Phil....LOL

Thanks Dr. Phil!!! I am
    Thanks Dr. Phil!!! I am being very careful, they gave me a weight limit of 20 pounds for 2 weeks and honestly I think that was too much and have not lifted anything over 5 pounds! I do not want to have this done again! I am tired of surgeries, as much as everyone else on here! Plus I have to get better soon, I leave for Europe on 2/3!!! Yipee!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    Kerry S said:

My kind of gal
    Go for it!!! Just know when to back off.

Love ya
    Kerry

Kerry,
    Yep! Nothing will

Kerry,
    Yep! Nothing will keep me down!!!

Love back at ya!!!
    Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Kathy,
    I'm so glad you are doing so well ! Just listen to your body and go for it!
    Hugs!

Thanks Pepe!

Thanks Pepe!
  • khl8
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Wonderwoman
    Kathy you are like wonderwoman! I admire your determination; but please don't overdo it.

Shhhh.. no one is supposed
    Shhhh.. no one is supposed to know that at night and on the weekends I put on my cape and become a super Hero!! LOL

I will be careful!
    Love,
    Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    plh4gail said:

you go girl, with care tho
    I'm chimin' in and just going to go with all of the above for you!

Take care, Gail

Thank you Gail! I will be a
    Thank you Gail! I will be a good girl I promise!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

That's amazing
    Go for it! But if your body starts telling you it's had enough, head for home!

*hugs*
    Gail

Awe Gail! YOu are a seetie!
    Awe Gail! YOu are a seetie! I know you have been following my progress on facebook and I will take it easy, I promise!

Love.
    Kathy
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    could be a good time to try meditation
    I was warned well in advance of my op not to over do any lifting after it.

Your going to work sounds fine as long as its not to physical.

I am enjoying my midday naps. today i got my 5 year old son into bed after lunch and drew a few pictures on his back. I feel asleep and he must have gone off to play.

I have got the impression that if I am tired at all its my body telling me its time to stop and rest. Not at some point in the future but NOW. Somehow I believe that the rest is essential to my bodies healing from the op which was 3 months ago, from the chemo.

Maybe relaxing and meditating might be a good use of your time while recouperating.

Goodluck,

Pete
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

Shhhh.. no one is supposed
    Shhhh.. no one is supposed to know that at night and on the weekends I put on my cape and become a super Hero!! LOL

I will be careful!
    Love,
    Kathy

A gorgeous wonderwoman!
    Your picture is absolutely beautiful!
  • khl8
    Options
    AnneCan said:

A gorgeous wonderwoman!
    Your picture is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you! I cannot take a
    Thank you! I cannot take a picture at all, and was shocked that this one came out!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sometimes recovery can be so hard because you just want to wish yourself better all at once. Glad to hear that you are on the mend so well and that you are getting the itch to get back to normal. Don't push yourself though, don't want any setbacks. Good luck at work tomorrow.

Kim
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Kathy,
    Sorry you are having

Kathy,
    Sorry you are having to look at the walls. Your new picture is very beautiful though :) If you are allowed to wear comfortable clothes to work, why not go for it. As long as you can drive ok. Give it a shot.
    We hope you will do ok at work. Thinking of you.
    Linda and Ellie
  • khl8
    Options
    Luv2lunch said:

Kathy,
    Sorry you are having

Kathy,
    Sorry you are having to look at the walls. Your new picture is very beautiful though :) If you are allowed to wear comfortable clothes to work, why not go for it. As long as you can drive ok. Give it a shot.
    We hope you will do ok at work. Thinking of you.
    Linda and Ellie

I did it! I went back to the
    I did it! I went back to the office and it feels great! Don't get me wrong, I am tired but it was so nice to be back. I accomplished alot and aside from the dust on my desk, I was not treated to any surprises! The last time I was out for surgery I came back to an office covered in silly string. So it was smart planning on my part not to tell the co-workers I was coming back until the day before and on a weekend no less! They did not have the time to "get me" . I lasted about 6 hours and the time flew by, I steyed to have lunch and then I was outta there! And not that I was worried about it but my boss approved my vaction time in February for my trip to London! Exactly One month from today, I will be in England!
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my return to work!
    Love you all
    Kathy