Ketziah35

Options
Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Family matters, oh don't ya just love em.....I got em as well.....I got a mom that likes to be a controlling **** when she doesn't get her way...and uses one sibling against the other to try and accomplish her needs....OOPS, DO WE HAVE THE SAME MOM ??? My thing is when I feel like I have done all I can do I simply walk away and remove myself from the situation. You have 3 things to do about this, any of which will work so take your pick or....we have to grin and bear it...

My resolutions are....
(1) write out how you feel about each and everyone of your family members on a piece of paper and don't leave out any expletives or anything...then take it out and burn it....your frustrations leave with the smoke.....
(2) Tell them all in a nice but firm family conversation how you feel exactly and why, and so what if they get mad at you, maybe they will get a little taste of what you have put up with for so long.....
(3) Completely remove yourself from the situation, until they either call you asking whats wrong ( as though they don't know ) or until hell freezes over, whichever comes first.

Its now time for you to take care of #1, and thats not mom, its you, and its not being selfish, its self preservation. Do not allow them to take you down with the ship, and do not feel bad when they ask for something from you that anyone of them could do for themselves. DO NOT ENABLE THEM TO BE COMPLETELY RELIANT ON YOU ...Its time they quit relying on you and take matters into their own hands, sometimes TOUGH LOVE is a ****, but it sure does work.....everytime.......Love to you and do something special this New Years, Only for Yourself, indulge in something just fitting for you that really makes ya smile.......Happy New Year Sis...........Clift......(Buzz)

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Wise way to solve the matter Buzz!
    By the way , l take the advantage to wish you a very good and healthy 2011!
    Happy year mate!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Wise way to solve the matter Buzz!
    By the way , l take the advantage to wish you a very good and healthy 2011!
    Happy year mate!

thank you......and to you and yours..the same.. : )
    Happy New Year Pepe !!!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry Ketziah that you had such an awful Christmas. That can sour Christmas in itself but also your family unity. Buzz has some good suggestions. Don't be their personal bank anymore. You save that for you. If you have money to give them and have plenty to spare -go ahead, but don't give them a future you saved for. Hope you have a Happy Healthy New Year.

Hugs! Kim
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Ketziah and
    Happy New Year Ketziah and thank you Buzz for starting this. I put my thought's on the What's up for Friday post. I couldn't agree with you more on your list. It's time for Ketziah to take care of #1.

Take care, Gail
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
    Thanks. I am in the airport right now. So I will be taking care of myself. The bank is officiAlly closed. My mom's chemo has ended. The only reason I opened it was to take care of some things becuz the house wasn't chemo ready. Washer and dryer broken. Mildew in the dishwasher. I am going to take of myself. I call it my family sabbatical. The last one went on for 4 months. I can not go to work being a nervous wreck. I design bridges lol. I am going to rent movies tomorrow and not get out of my pj's. I will have to think of somewhere to go for Easter!

Ktz
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ketziah35 said:

Thanks Everyone!
    Thanks. I am in the airport right now. So I will be taking care of myself. The bank is officiAlly closed. My mom's chemo has ended. The only reason I opened it was to take care of some things becuz the house wasn't chemo ready. Washer and dryer broken. Mildew in the dishwasher. I am going to take of myself. I call it my family sabbatical. The last one went on for 4 months. I can not go to work being a nervous wreck. I design bridges lol. I am going to rent movies tomorrow and not get out of my pj's. I will have to think of somewhere to go for Easter!

Ktz

So sorry
    Hi, Ketziah.

Praying things get better.

*hugs*
    Gail