Options
2»

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Had my retake on Friday,
    Had my retake on Friday, sat and waited for the scans to be read when in walks the radiologist! Almost scared the crapola out of me. But, all is good. Thank God!

Hi Raquel,

I'm so glad to hear all is well! Now I'm getting nervous myself... I had my annual physical w/ my internist in Oct. Never got my results in the mail re. the pap results like I normally do. I'm assuming all is well, but it's weird that I wasn't notified like they normally do every year. Also, I was told then I need to schedule my mammogram, but I never did. I've never had an abnormal mammogram & I'm just in denial about even needing one this year. I've been so worried about all the radiation of my PET/CT scans I get every 2-3 months that I didn't want to add even more radiation on top of it. I don't think I could handle it at all if they found something in the breasts too.
    I kind of always assumed I'm semi protected against breast cancer since I'm already on chemo & Gemzar is a chemo I'm on that is also used for breast cancer.
    Hmm... what do you think- should I schedule it or not?

Lisa
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Hi Raquel,

I'm so glad to hear all is well! Now I'm getting nervous myself... I had my annual physical w/ my internist in Oct. Never got my results in the mail re. the pap results like I normally do. I'm assuming all is well, but it's weird that I wasn't notified like they normally do every year. Also, I was told then I need to schedule my mammogram, but I never did. I've never had an abnormal mammogram & I'm just in denial about even needing one this year. I've been so worried about all the radiation of my PET/CT scans I get every 2-3 months that I didn't want to add even more radiation on top of it. I don't think I could handle it at all if they found something in the breasts too.
    I kind of always assumed I'm semi protected against breast cancer since I'm already on chemo & Gemzar is a chemo I'm on that is also used for breast cancer.
    Hmm... what do you think- should I schedule it or not?

Lisa

Yes, I think you should.
    Yes, I think you should. One less think to worry about once its done. The pet gets that area but most scans are below the breast. Just do it. :)
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Had my retake on Friday,
    Had my retake on Friday, sat and waited for the scans to be read when in walks the radiologist! Almost scared the crapola out of me. But, all is good. Thank God!

Whew!!
    Wonderful! I'm glad it's all good. Whew! Now you can go on your trip with a happy smile on your face.

I understand about your fear when the radiologist walked in. A few times my oncologist has called me about things, and I almost faint when I hear his voice. WHY IS HE CALLING? Fear's a crazy thing, isn't it?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Yes, I think you should.
    Yes, I think you should. One less think to worry about once its done. The pet gets that area but most scans are below the breast. Just do it. :)

Ok
    Ok, I'll also ask my onc tomorrow what he thinks.
    I admit I'm jealous over the cruise you're going on- I'll live vicariously. :)
    We have to hear all about it! You so deserve getting away, esp after watching the grandkids!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Whew!!
    Wonderful! I'm glad it's all good. Whew! Now you can go on your trip with a happy smile on your face.

I understand about your fear when the radiologist walked in. A few times my oncologist has called me about things, and I almost faint when I hear his voice. WHY IS HE CALLING? Fear's a crazy thing, isn't it?

*hugs*
    Gail

Yes Gail, it is!!

Yes Gail, it is!!