Mammagram Retake

Options
Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I have to retake my mammogram next week, they have areas on both breast, that they want to get closer on. Great! Why do we always jump to CANCER! DUMB QUESTION!

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Wow Mammogram is quite painful and unpleasant isn't?
    That's what my wife say, wish you the best Raquel.
  • Nana b
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Wow Mammogram is quite painful and unpleasant isn't?
    That's what my wife say, wish you the best Raquel.

Yep, they like to flatten
    Yep, they like to flatten those puppies out! Don't know why that saying goes around....they flatten them out like pancakes is more suitable. lol
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Yep, they like to flatten
    Yep, they like to flatten those puppies out! Don't know why that saying goes around....they flatten them out like pancakes is more suitable. lol

Hahahahaha Raquel!
    Hugs!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Raquel
    Sometimes it's just the fact that someone has dense breasts that can cause a retake. It is good they are being thorough, but I know it is stressful. I wish you good luck.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Options
    I am sorry that you have to
    I am sorry that you have to revisit the titty smasher, but they just want to be thorough.
  • jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Hoping for The Best
    A recall is always scary. Hope everything is fine.

Can they do a mammogram if you have a chest port??? I haven't tried to get one done since I got the port.

I think we need to come up with a nicer way to check for breast cancer. Squishing is not fun!
    ( modern torture )

Try not to worry ( it is hard not to )

Take Care,

Barb
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know it's hard, but

Hi, I know it's hard, but please try not to worry too much. I was a nervous wreck after the first time that they asked for a retake, but after 10 years of return visits, I now joke with the technician by telling her, "I'll see you again soon!". Take care - HUGS! Cynthia
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    cancer, the gift that keeps on giving
    and makes one worry to death about a mammogram retake. Here's to it all being just routine with nothing to worry about. Don't you go on a trip soon?

all the best, Leslie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Yup
    Been there too. It is so frustrating as you don't like to have it done anyway but when they call you back you are so scared. Hope all turns out to be nothing which it usually is. Think of that vacation you are taking and focus on that :)

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Been there
    I've been there. It's SO scary, especially when it happens after you've already had cancer. I immediately thought that I was a goner. I ultimately ended up having a core needle biopsy, which was painful, as well, but I felt better after I'd let them have a better look to be SURE things were okay. Praying for fabulous results for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Raquel
    Raquel,
    I had to have a retake about 2 months ago. Everything turned out fine. However, I completely lost it when the poor girl called me. **** had just finished treatment and my mom had been diagnosed with Stage 1 Breast Cancer the month before. I was almost hysterical when she told me and I told her that I must be seen that day for my retake. It was a Friday and I told her I could not make it through the weekend not knowing. She said she'd see what she could do. I thought she had hung up the phone and I proceeded to yell the "F word" about 30 times. Then, I heard this little voice coming from the phone, "Kathleen, kathleen are you OK?" Hmmmmm note to self, make sure you completely hang up the phone before losing it. Well, I did get the appointment that day. I think I scared the sh*t out of the young lady on the phone.
    I hope my story put a smile on your face. I now know many, many people who had to have retakes and they are fine.
    I am praying for you. So sorry you have to feel the anxiety. Hugs to you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi Raquel, I hope the
    Hi Raquel, I hope the mammogram turns out with good news.

Gail
  • Nana b
    Options
    plh4gail said:

Hi Raquel, I hope the
    Hi Raquel, I hope the mammogram turns out with good news.

Gail

This this does make me feel
    This this does make me feel better, and I did have a few laughs, thanks! January 7th is my retake. I leave for my cruise January 22. We fly into Puerto Rico and then cruise to St Martin, St Croix, barbados, and I believe some others. I have not had a chance to take a good peak. Getting done with Christmas, a job interview and taking care of 4 grand kids for a week...under the age of 5, actually 5,4,3,and 1. Lord, bless me!
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    happened to me
    That happened to me a couple of years ago. As others have reported, I totally freaked out -- burst into tears, eventually recovered enough to tell the staff that I was a cancer survivor and VERY SENSITIVE ON THIS TOPIC. I too was able to get a very quick retake. And everything was fine. They have no idea who they are dealing with sometimes -- we are a very SPECIAL POPULATION! (paranoid, hypersensitive, previously wounded.....).

Good luck. Try to think of it as them doing an extra thorough job because we all want to be 100% sure that you are 100% clear. Hope you get the results quickly, so you can enjoy complete peace of mind.....
  • Nana b said:

This this does make me feel better, and I did have a few laughs, thanks! January 7th is my retake. I leave for my cruise January 22. We fly into Puerto Rico and then cruise to St Martin, St Croix, barbados, and I believe some others. I have not had a chance to take a good peak. Getting done with Christmas, a job interview and taking care of 4 grand kids for a week...under the age of 5, actually 5,4,3,and 1. Lord, bless me!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ketziah35
    Options
    jararno said:

Hoping for The Best
    A recall is always scary. Hope everything is fine.

Can they do a mammogram if you have a chest port??? I haven't tried to get one done since I got the port.

I think we need to come up with a nicer way to check for breast cancer. Squishing is not fun!
    ( modern torture )

Try not to worry ( it is hard not to )

Take Care,

Barb

My mom had one while she had
    My mom had one while she had a chest port.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Oh Raquel, you are going to
    Oh Raquel, you are going to have such a great time on that cruise! It sounds wonderful! I am so happy for you. That mammogram is going to turn out just fine and you're going to have a well deserved vacation :)

Gail
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options
    taraHK said:

happened to me
    That happened to me a couple of years ago. As others have reported, I totally freaked out -- burst into tears, eventually recovered enough to tell the staff that I was a cancer survivor and VERY SENSITIVE ON THIS TOPIC. I too was able to get a very quick retake. And everything was fine. They have no idea who they are dealing with sometimes -- we are a very SPECIAL POPULATION! (paranoid, hypersensitive, previously wounded.....).

Good luck. Try to think of it as them doing an extra thorough job because we all want to be 100% sure that you are 100% clear. Hope you get the results quickly, so you can enjoy complete peace of mind.....

I too
    Have had to have a retake at virtually every mamogram I have ever had, all turned out fine. As someone else said the more dense the tissue the more likely they look further. I know it is har not to go right to the fear of cancer, but it could just be the Dr's using and abundance of caution.

Good Luck

((Hugs))

Kathy
  • Nana b
    Options
    ktlcs said:

I too
    Have had to have a retake at virtually every mamogram I have ever had, all turned out fine. As someone else said the more dense the tissue the more likely they look further. I know it is har not to go right to the fear of cancer, but it could just be the Dr's using and abundance of caution.

Good Luck

((Hugs))

Kathy

Had my retake on Friday,
    Had my retake on Friday, sat and waited for the scans to be read when in walks the radiologist! Almost scared the crapola out of me. But, all is good. Thank God!
  • ketziah35
    Options
    Nana b said:

Had my retake on Friday,
    Had my retake on Friday, sat and waited for the scans to be read when in walks the radiologist! Almost scared the crapola out of me. But, all is good. Thank God!

So happy evrything turned
    So happy everything turned out well. Had my first mammo this year. That is not a comfortable test. All along the tech is saying "relax" funny for having your breast smashed beyond cartoonic recognition by a cold a** compactor.