Options
2»

Comments

• Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Drag Him In....
    Sorry for the situation, and thoughts and prayers for you both....

Now do what you have to do and drag his butt in to the hospital or at least his oncologist. Be strong and take charge...he's obviously not making the best choices right now....

Best,
    John

Finding the balance.
    Skipper, you are in a tough spot. You are fighting hard for your husband who has no fight in him right now. In Hal's response he said something that jumped out at me: respect his wishes, and support to you. It seems difficult for you to know what to do. It is unclear what your husband's inactions are saying. I would suggest you ask him to put words to his choices to not act on his treatment options. There is that age old saying "actions speak louder than words". The problem is the actions, or in your husband's case, inactions, are wide open for interpretation. Only he can clarify. With some fluids and nutrition in him he could regain the energy to fight...or at least be clear with you about where he is at and what he wants. In the meantime a prayer has been sent up and I am personally hoping some fluids and calories find you both on some more stable footing.
    Best, Kim
  • KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Finding the balance.
    Skipper, you are in a tough spot. You are fighting hard for your husband who has no fight in him right now. In Hal's response he said something that jumped out at me: respect his wishes, and support to you. It seems difficult for you to know what to do. It is unclear what your husband's inactions are saying. I would suggest you ask him to put words to his choices to not act on his treatment options. There is that age old saying "actions speak louder than words". The problem is the actions, or in your husband's case, inactions, are wide open for interpretation. Only he can clarify. With some fluids and nutrition in him he could regain the energy to fight...or at least be clear with you about where he is at and what he wants. In the meantime a prayer has been sent up and I am personally hoping some fluids and calories find you both on some more stable footing.
    Best, Kim

I'm so sorry you're in this
    I'm so sorry you're in this spot honey, I will be praying for you both. Whatever God's will is I pray it's done and you both find yourselves at peace and happy.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

I'm so sorry you're in this spot honey, I will be praying for you both. Whatever God's will is I pray it's done and you both find yourselves at peace and happy.

So sorry.
    Please know that I am also lifting you both up in prayer.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member Posts: 167
    Options
    understanding
    Skipper...so sorry to hear about your husband's condition. I really empathize with you 'cause I think mine is almost in the same state. I've seen several of your posts and your husband sounds very similar to mine. He has ben very stubborn about taking an active part in his treatment from the beginning. I have asked him point blank if he wants to die and he says no. But I think he has gotten so far down, that he has nothing left to fight with. His eyes have a very dark, blank stare. It is so hard to watch someone waste away in front of your eyes. A couple of people who have been through this before with a relative have told me just to do everything nice you can think of for them and show them lots of love. I pray that your husband can regain some strength and help in the hospital.
    debbie
  • Mikki332
    Mikki332 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    debbieg5 said:

understanding
    Skipper...so sorry to hear about your husband's condition. I really empathize with you 'cause I think mine is almost in the same state. I've seen several of your posts and your husband sounds very similar to mine. He has ben very stubborn about taking an active part in his treatment from the beginning. I have asked him point blank if he wants to die and he says no. But I think he has gotten so far down, that he has nothing left to fight with. His eyes have a very dark, blank stare. It is so hard to watch someone waste away in front of your eyes. A couple of people who have been through this before with a relative have told me just to do everything nice you can think of for them and show them lots of love. I pray that your husband can regain some strength and help in the hospital.
    debbie

Prayers for you both Skipper and Debbie....
    ....please know that so many are lifting you both (and your husbands) in thought and prayer. Please remember to take care of yourselves, too, as you go through this difficult time.....
  • Bigfuzzydoug
    Bigfuzzydoug Member Posts: 154
    Options
    PRAYERS!
    Prayers and {{{{{{{{healing vibes}}}}}}}} coming your way!!!