SoCal Sisters, Hoping the Winter Storm Will Not Affect You

Options

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Thanks for asking about
    Thanks for asking about us...Sacramento is getting lots of rain, and local floods around some of the creeks and storm drains that aren't clear. They opened Folsom Damn to release water in anticipation of the rains, the American River rose about 5 ft., because of the release. We're just enjoying the clear spots between storms. I hope those of you east of us don't get hit too hard as this moves across the country.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Knocking on wood here in the San Fernando Valley
    So far this weekend, we've had steady rain here in the west San Fernando Valley, but not particularly heavy...some minor flooding of intersections and gutters, but I'm not seeing anything else more serious yet on any of the local news sites.

Me and Netflix are staying indoors today and making some warm, comforting potato-leek soup -- anyone want me to save you a bowl?

Traci

Netflix, Cocoa, Hot Flashes, Soup...
    Thanks, every one. You California Girls are awesome, and not to be daunted by anything, winter storms included. Yes, please save some of that potato-leek soup, Miss Traci, though I may run out into the rain with Mrs. Gadget in the OC every now and again. Can't think of a more fun way to relieve hot flashes.

Thank you all for checking in. I am keeping my fingers crossed, knocking on wood (hard to do at the same time), and wishing each of you and your families a safe and joyful holiday.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Thanks for asking about
    Thanks for asking about us...Sacramento is getting lots of rain, and local floods around some of the creeks and storm drains that aren't clear. They opened Folsom Damn to release water in anticipation of the rains, the American River rose about 5 ft., because of the release. We're just enjoying the clear spots between storms. I hope those of you east of us don't get hit too hard as this moves across the country.

Hugs,

Linda

3 days of rain I am sooo
    3 days of rain - how depressing?! No ocean walks, just shopping. I am sooo ready for sun to come back. Tomorrow will be more rain morning traffic will be horrible. Hopefully extra 30 min will be enough.
    Wishing everyone safe and productive week

PS. Moopy I wrote you PM. I tried the product and got multiple benefits.

New Flower
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

3 days of rain I am sooo
    3 days of rain - how depressing?! No ocean walks, just shopping. I am sooo ready for sun to come back. Tomorrow will be more rain morning traffic will be horrible. Hopefully extra 30 min will be enough.
    Wishing everyone safe and productive week

PS. Moopy I wrote you PM. I tried the product and got multiple benefits.

New Flower

I am sooo tired of the rain and mud .. my girls (Bailey and
    Peanut aka Emma) .. make a mad dash for the back yard and run back in with muddy paws -- soaking wet! Have I mention those Southern California drivers that drive like mad dogs even when it pouring down with rain?

I try not to complain as I watch the weather map across our Nation .. Yikes the snow fall and low temps back East .. so I guess I'll continue mopping up the mud from my pup's and keep my fingers crossed that it stops and dries up for Christmas. Pete and I are entertaining this year -- 24 adults plus 3 children for a sit down - china, and crystal formal Christmas dinner.

My linen has been ironed and pressed, china washed .. just doing a little bit every day .. hoping the sun finds it way out .. Otherwise, the mudslides will ensue and our small hills will crumble.

Happy and Healthy Holidays to you Moopster, Aortus and the pup's. You are looking fantastic! Love Aortus' new black rimmed glasses.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Peanut aka Emma) .. make a mad dash for the back yard and run back in with muddy paws -- soaking wet! Have I mention those Southern California drivers that drive like mad dogs even when it pouring down with rain?

I try not to complain as I watch the weather map across our Nation .. Yikes the snow fall and low temps back East .. so I guess I'll continue mopping up the mud from my pup's and keep my fingers crossed that it stops and dries up for Christmas. Pete and I are entertaining this year -- 24 adults plus 3 children for a sit down - china, and crystal formal Christmas dinner.

My linen has been ironed and pressed, china washed .. just doing a little bit every day .. hoping the sun finds it way out .. Otherwise, the mudslides will ensue and our small hills will crumble.

Happy and Healthy Holidays to you Moopster, Aortus and the pup's. You are looking fantastic! Love Aortus' new black rimmed glasses.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

Don't forget 'Coffee with Kathi'.....
    whenever, I'll come to you!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Don't forget 'Coffee with Kathi'.....
    whenever, I'll come to you!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Rain rain rain
    even in San Diego. We're so unused to wet weather you'd think it's the one hundred year flood the way people talk about it.

What would we do if we had real weather???

xoxo
    Victoria
  • KathiM
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Rain rain rain
    even in San Diego. We're so unused to wet weather you'd think it's the one hundred year flood the way people talk about it.

What would we do if we had real weather???

xoxo
    Victoria

TeeHee...I know...lol!
    I look at these drivers, freaking over some rain...

I now drive snow and ice.....dutch style....no chains!!!!!

I hope we will never see what real weather will do....lol!

Hugs, Kathi
  • New Flower
    Options
    KathiM said:

TeeHee...I know...lol!
    I look at these drivers, freaking over some rain...

I now drive snow and ice.....dutch style....no chains!!!!!

I hope we will never see what real weather will do....lol!

Hugs, Kathi

yes, no chains but different tires
    here we have all purpose in Europe many change tires for winter.
    I just came home from work. Driving was not fun, I wanted to scream, get out and cry, seriously.
    This rain and cold weather brought me another new feeling arthritis from Arimidex. My hands, fingers...

I am home safe and warm, Hubby made dinner.
    Cheers everyone.
  • New Flower
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

What are you cooking
    Vicki,
    What are you cooking?
    I am sure you have planned a great menu.
    Good luck
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

yes, no chains but different tires
    here we have all purpose in Europe many change tires for winter.
    I just came home from work. Driving was not fun, I wanted to scream, get out and cry, seriously.
    This rain and cold weather brought me another new feeling arthritis from Arimidex. My hands, fingers...

I am home safe and warm, Hubby made dinner.
    Cheers everyone.

hi Moop's!
    its a blizzard here in MT. storm warnins out but hoping to go to Greatfalls to spend xmas with Jase. He is in a group home for next six mo."s and doing really well. so hope roads are good. Just want to wish you and Joe the merriest this christmas and may all of your dreams for the new year come true. I will never forget your friendship and our battle together. your always in my heart and especially at this time of the year. all my love always.
    your MT. sis Jackie
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    rjjj said:

hi Moop's!
    its a blizzard here in MT. storm warnins out but hoping to go to Greatfalls to spend xmas with Jase. He is in a group home for next six mo."s and doing really well. so hope roads are good. Just want to wish you and Joe the merriest this christmas and may all of your dreams for the new year come true. I will never forget your friendship and our battle together. your always in my heart and especially at this time of the year. all my love always.
    your MT. sis Jackie

Hi Jackie!!!
    It's so good to hear from you again, and that Jase is doing well too. You and yours are and always will be in our thoughts forever. Why, I don't even begrudge you your White Christmas (is there ever any other kind in Montana)

Love,
    Joe, Moopy
    Eefy Josephine, Yongy Bongy Bo, Anubis Presley
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Saw the 6 o'clock news on the East Coast
    that there is a state of emergency because of the rain and some are being evacuated. So sorry for all who may be affected. It seems Arizona is also having heavy rain problems. On the east coast we've had a few local fires. So sad and alarming!
    {{hugs to all}} Char
  • Moopy23
    Options
    rjjj said:

hi Moop's!
    your MT. sis Jackie

My Sister Jackie of MT
    Hoping for good roads on your way to see Jace. Jackie, I cannot tell you how grateful and happy I am for you and Jace. What a blessed holiday this will be.

You are always in my heart and prayers, my friend, and always will be. You know Joe feels the same. (funny to remember his telling me about you before I ever "met" you myself!)

Love to you, and blessings,
    Moopy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    The national news
    was very scary and I know so many of you must be affected. I do hope and pray you and your loved ones have been spared the worst of these storms.

Sue
  • Moopy23
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

Linen and Crystal and Hills Staying In Place
    Vicki Sam, I'm watching the national news and thinking of you and our Western sisters. Still, I can't imagine anything stopping you. You are intrepid, truly.Sunshine tomorrow is what the national forecaster reported; may the hills stay where they ought!

Thank you for the compliment and for your best wishes. (Joe will be pleased you liked his glasses. I was on the GG Bridge when the photo was taken, by the way. We love your state.)

Happy and Healthy Holidays and safe travels to you and Pete, and your guests.
  • Moopy23
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

The national news
    was very scary and I know so many of you must be affected. I do hope and pray you and your loved ones have been spared the worst of these storms.

Sue

Spared the Worst of the Storms
    Like Sue, I'm hoping and praying our CSN friends and families are spared the worst of the storm moving across the country. Take care, everyone, and have a blessedly safe and happy holiday.
  • KathiM
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Spared the Worst of the Storms
    Like Sue, I'm hoping and praying our CSN friends and families are spared the worst of the storm moving across the country. Take care, everyone, and have a blessedly safe and happy holiday.

Just found a leak in our downstairs...
    sigh...in the library...need to remove all 2500 plus books...

I am so TIRED of this!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Moopy23
    Options
    KathiM said:

Just found a leak in our downstairs...
    sigh...in the library...need to remove all 2500 plus books...

I am so TIRED of this!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Oh No
    Kathi, you and Hans will have help, won't you? Surely Hans is not to lift much, or you, either. Unbelievable, the amount of rain--NPR said SoCal got a year's worth of rain in one day. Sunshine expected tomorrow...Hang in there and don't overdo.
  • KathiM
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Oh No
    Kathi, you and Hans will have help, won't you? Surely Hans is not to lift much, or you, either. Unbelievable, the amount of rain--NPR said SoCal got a year's worth of rain in one day. Sunshine expected tomorrow...Hang in there and don't overdo.

Moopy, don't you worry....
    Hans' kids came over and made short work of it....

I had wrenched my back this morning cleaning leaves out of a plugged drain in our side yard...then tried to lift books...NOT a good idea!!! So, took some vicodin, stopped lifting, and curled up on the couch (ya gotta love old 'vitamin V' lol!). We are leaving on Tuesday for The Netherlands, so I MUST be careful...

BTW, my dutch friend just e-mailed...a skating race that has not taken place in over 10 years may happen next week (hopefully after we get there)...the entire country stays glued to their TV to watch...sort of the dutch version of the Iditarod...

Hugs, Kathi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Moopy, don't you worry....
    Hans' kids came over and made short work of it....

I had wrenched my back this morning cleaning leaves out of a plugged drain in our side yard...then tried to lift books...NOT a good idea!!! So, took some vicodin, stopped lifting, and curled up on the couch (ya gotta love old 'vitamin V' lol!). We are leaving on Tuesday for The Netherlands, so I MUST be careful...

BTW, my dutch friend just e-mailed...a skating race that has not taken place in over 10 years may happen next week (hopefully after we get there)...the entire country stays glued to their TV to watch...sort of the dutch version of the Iditarod...

Hugs, Kathi

Like Kathi M and Hans .. Pete and I woke up to a soaked
    upstair hallway .. with smoke detectors going off - leak in our clay tile roof - new home of 7 years .. it took my husband and 2 children 3 hours to clean up and mop up the attic. I think we used every bucket, tupperware and the majority of my kitchen pots to stop the roof leak .. heavy winds, and 7 days of continual rain does a number on any roof - or so I am told by our insurance agent. There are 2 ... 1 foot by 8 inch ripes in our ceiling where the rain dripped for hours during the night .. carpets wet // and ruined. I've had the central heat on for 24 hours at 70 and fan on the floor blowing away. I've taken 24 photo's for safe keeping and insurance reasons.

More importantly .. we are all safe.

I went shopping .. yesterday .. sported my new Ugg's boots ... after about 2 hours, I decided that I could walk, shop and drive faster in my flip flops ... so I slipped on my flip flops - yes, even in the rain and continued on my merry way! Put my wool socks on when I arrive home to defrost my toes! LOL

Kathi .. thinking about you my friend ...

Vicki Sam