I hate the beast, December bad news, and falling on the ice....mad and tears....

Options
2»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Oh Kathy... I'm so sorry...
    Oh Kathy... I'm so sorry... for you, for him for his family. The beast certainly loves to try to rob us of our joy doesn't it. I have found this year most difficult... finding words of comfort for those newly diagnosed because I become angry that someone else's life has been shaken... I hoover in the shadows for the most part waiting, praying that maybe just maybe we can go a month without someone else hearing those dreaded words... I would be happy if we only had a week... but it doesn't happen.. everyday someone else's world is shaken to the core... I am most certainly a "fix it" kind of gal... and as the newbies join, or others get word of a recurrance... I fail... I get angry ... I can't "fix" it...

But I suppose as long as there is an "us" there is hope... that one day we can celebrate a victory and we will be the last members needing to join this board...

Wishing you the best my friend... with big hugs,

~T
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Kathi... sorry to hear about
    Kathi... sorry to hear about your friend's devastating news. Cancer is such a coward. There is no logical reason when it comes to cancer. Your friend obviously felt some connection to you to share such heartwrenching news.

Two years had elapsed since your last visit and yet he wanted to you to know. He didn't have to tell you, but he wanted you to know. He opened up to you. It sounds like he has a deep respect for you. Sometimes lending a compassionate ear helps more than we can ever know.

May God watch over this family as they undergo another difficult journey. Hugs to you, too, dear Kathi.
    BL