oh how i miss you

13»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    VickiSam said:

Jackie .. It's so nice to hear from you .. and the fact
    that your are living life - normal, once again. Chemo Brain -- sisters unite!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Vicki Sam

Vicki Sam
    I am living life again, can't say that it is always "normal" LOL! I like to blame my forgetfulness on chemo-brain...sheesh does that ever go away????
    Christmas-time is when we should tell our loved ones how much they mean to us (well not just christmas time) but I just felt drawn here to tell you all how much you mean to me...just couldn't have done it without you!
    Merry Christmas dear and a Happy New year!
    jackie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    rjjj said:

Vicki Sam
    I am living life again, can't say that it is always "normal" LOL! I like to blame my forgetfulness on chemo-brain...sheesh does that ever go away????
    Christmas-time is when we should tell our loved ones how much they mean to us (well not just christmas time) but I just felt drawn here to tell you all how much you mean to me...just couldn't have done it without you!
    Merry Christmas dear and a Happy New year!
    jackie

Hi jackie glad you are back
    Hi jackie glad you are back and glad you doing well.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    rjjj said:

Hi Stef!
    I have missed YOU! I pray all is well with you Stef, and your holidays be filled with love and good health also.
    I will be traveling to spend christmas with my son Jase who had a major breakdown about 6 months ago. He is in a halfway hom now and is doing wonderful. but is very lonely and wanted to come home for christmas. his therapist thinks it is too soon for that so were going to him... don't know if you remember but he has schitzophrenia, but has it under control with meds now. I pray he can continue improving and start living his life again in the future. this has been very difficult for me to deal with. Thank you ahead of time because I know you will pray for him dear.
    lotsa love to you
    jackie

Jackie,
    I remember about

Jackie,
    I remember about your son and how hard this has been for you. Glad you are going to him and following the doctor's advise. Schitzophrenia is hard because as you know so many times when they are medicated and doing better they go off the meds because of the side effects. Thank you for your prayers and kind wishes. Right back at you. Cancer is difficult to cope with and when we add all the other "little surprises" that life throws at us, it came be overwhelming so you and he are solidly in my prayers.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Sister Jackie of Montana!
    Hi, Jackie, I miss you, too, and all of our friends/sisters. I am so grateful that you are doing well, and that Jace is in a safe, caring environment. Christmas 2010. Can you believe we are here, after the Christmas that wasn't really, 2008?

I would not be here today without you. I thank God for each of you, my special friends, and for this board, source of light even in the darkest times.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Sister Jackie of Montana!
    Hi, Jackie, I miss you, too, and all of our friends/sisters. I am so grateful that you are doing well, and that Jace is in a safe, caring environment. Christmas 2010. Can you believe we are here, after the Christmas that wasn't really, 2008?

I would not be here today without you. I thank God for each of you, my special friends, and for this board, source of light even in the darkest times.

Moopy too
    It's so good to see all of you. I am so glad everyone is doing well. Yes, you are all the oldies that got me through. DX in 2009. I hope to pay it forward. Thank you all.
    Kathy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    rjjj said:

Hi Stef!
    I have missed YOU! I pray all is well with you Stef, and your holidays be filled with love and good health also.
    I will be traveling to spend christmas with my son Jase who had a major breakdown about 6 months ago. He is in a halfway hom now and is doing wonderful. but is very lonely and wanted to come home for christmas. his therapist thinks it is too soon for that so were going to him... don't know if you remember but he has schitzophrenia, but has it under control with meds now. I pray he can continue improving and start living his life again in the future. this has been very difficult for me to deal with. Thank you ahead of time because I know you will pray for him dear.
    lotsa love to you
    jackie

I had forgotten about your son....
    darn chemo brain!!!

My younger daughter was a schitzophrenic...it IS a tough road!!! When she would come home for visits, it sadly always ended the same...she calling her group home for stabilization, and we would go back 'home' early. But, she did come, and had a few hours of joy...for both she and I....

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Kat11 said:

Moopy too
    It's so good to see all of you. I am so glad everyone is doing well. Yes, you are all the oldies that got me through. DX in 2009. I hope to pay it forward. Thank you all.
    Kathy

Thank you, dear Jackie...
    This thread has turned into a little "reunion" of sorts - so good to see so many of our sisters popping back in!

Kind regards, Susan
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    rjjj said:

Well its our dear T :-)
    sometimes it feels just like coming home... especially when I see all of you. What a blessing!! Maybe that is why we are called kindred spirits???? I do know that I feel a very strong connection with all of our pink sisters and just know that I was so blessed just to find this board and have you all here with me as we went through such tough times together. Thanks T. for being such a sweet and truley kind friend and sister...i just love you!
    hugs, jackie

I agree so nice to see all
    I agree so nice to see all of us are still here... I guess every once in a while we need to do a roll call... lol So nice to see everyone!!! Hopefully one day we will all be able to meet face to face... that's my goal..to meet in person as many pink sisters who have touched my life is such a powerful way!! I know I would have never survived the last year and a half without all of you!!! They say you need to look for the silver lining in the dark cloud... well, you are all that silver lining in this journey cloud!! You are each a treasured gift, a blessing, and if nothing else, I am thankful that though I would not wish this on anyone, and would pass if I had a choice, I'm kind of thankful that this experience has brought me in contact with the most coragous, strong, big hearted, giving, accepting, and loving people who I have ever known!!!

Great BIG hugs!!!

~T
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    rjjj said:

Well its our dear T :-)
    sometimes it feels just like coming home... especially when I see all of you. What a blessing!! Maybe that is why we are called kindred spirits???? I do know that I feel a very strong connection with all of our pink sisters and just know that I was so blessed just to find this board and have you all here with me as we went through such tough times together. Thanks T. for being such a sweet and truley kind friend and sister...i just love you!
    hugs, jackie

I agree so nice to see all
    I agree so nice to see all of us are still here... I guess every once in a while we need to do a roll call... lol So nice to see everyone!!! Hopefully one day we will all be able to meet face to face... that's my goal..to meet in person as many pink sisters who have touched my life is such a powerful way!! I know I would have never survived the last year and a half without all of you!!! They say you need to look for the silver lining in the dark cloud... well, you are all that silver lining in this journey cloud!! You are each a treasured gift, a blessing, and if nothing else, I am thankful that though I would not wish this on anyone, and would pass if I had a choice, I'm kind of thankful that this experience has brought me in contact with the most coragous, strong, big hearted, giving, accepting, and loving people who I have ever known!!!

Great BIG hugs!!!

~T