A Sister In Pink Lost Her Battle - Light A Candle For Her?

Options

Comments

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options

Elizabeth Edwards
    I am also very sad. I would often tell me family and friends who were worried about me to just look at Elizabeth Edwards (at how well she managed her disease) . I think that now I will try to live my life with the same grace and dignity that she did hers. I will light a candle tonight and say a prayer. God rest her soul. Surf

Can't stop crying...
    She was such a positive force -- I'm trying not to be angry - just so NOT fair!!!!
    I'm lighting my candle right now - at least now, she is with her son and at peace. I pray God is holding her gently in His arms.
    -Jenny
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Mine is lit as well. I
    Mine is lit as well. I watched the Today Show segment on her when they said her condition was no longer being treated, and I was so so sad just hearing that. Hearing of her passing this evening truly saddened my heart. I'm praying for her children & family, and hoping that she is enjoying being reunited in heaven with her son. She carried herself with so much grace and dignity through all of her battles. May she rest in peace.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Megan
    I will definitely light a candle tonight in her honor. What a brave example she is to all of us. I was shocked and saddened listening to the news that she had lost her battle so soon.
    My heart goes out to her family and friends.
    Char
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Megan
    I will definitely light a candle tonight in her honor. What a brave example she is to all of us. I was shocked and saddened listening to the news that she had lost her battle so soon.
    Char

She is a Symbol of courage
    I will do it too.I admire Elizabeth very much she was a hero, during her battle has to face the worse betrayal her life, which no doubts contribute her struggle. I am thankful to her for openness about her disease giving us example of courage and grace.
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    mom62 said:

my life mirrors hers in many ways RIP Elizabeth
    I too was diagnosed in Nov 2004 and had a recurrence in 2009 with bc on ribs and sternum. - have. Bone mets still and get results tommorrow for recent pet scan - this one is hitting me hard, recent pain in left side preceeded pet scan. Scared......

You are in my prayers, mom
    Elizabeth's death has hit us all very hard, but I can only imagine what it is doing to those with mets. Let us know how the results are when you can. Be strong. All of us are there with you.
    Anna
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Elizabeth Edwards
    I am also very sad. I would often tell me family and friends who were worried about me to just look at Elizabeth Edwards (at how well she managed her disease) . I think that now I will try to live my life with the same grace and dignity that she did hers. I will light a candle tonight and say a prayer. God rest her soul. Surf

I just lit my candle for
    I just lit my candle for Elizabeth Edwards. A remarkable sister!

Praying for her family at this very difficult time.

Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

She is a Symbol of courage
    I will do it too.I admire Elizabeth very much she was a hero, during her battle has to face the worse betrayal her life, which no doubts contribute her struggle. I am thankful to her for openness about her disease giving us example of courage and grace.

My candle is lit also.

My candle is lit also.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Oh my gosh, thats terrible.
    Oh my gosh, thats terrible. I hadn't heard that she had taken a turn.

Thanks Megan for starting
    Thanks Megan for starting this thread. I lit my pink candle for her.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

I'm lighting mine now.
    She was an inspiration. I hear she went very peacefully.

My candle is shining bright
    My candle is shining bright in her honor.

Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

This has really hit me hard.
    I've been kind of down since I heard this and am sitting here with tears rolling down my check while I am typing. She was one strong woman and I truly admire her. Rest In Peace dear Elizabeth.

This hit me hard too. Tears
    This hit me hard too. Tears ran down my face as the story was told on tv.

My candle is burning bright for you Elizabeth.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    taleena said:

Absolutely Megan...I know I
    Absolutely Megan...I know I don't pop in too often, but when I heard the news this is the first place I signed into.... Candle is lit... she was a light of inspiration... as a statement released by her family said "a kindred spirit" she was.

~T

RIP
    To another sister in pink, I cry for you, but, I also know you are now free.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    taleena said:

Absolutely Megan...I know I
    Absolutely Megan...I know I don't pop in too often, but when I heard the news this is the first place I signed into.... Candle is lit... she was a light of inspiration... as a statement released by her family said "a kindred spirit" she was.

~T

RIP
    To another sister in pink, I cry for you, but, I also know you are now free.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

My candle is lit also.

My candle is lit also.

I am continuing with the candle tradition today ..
    RIP .. Elizabeth.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am continuing with the candle tradition today ..
    RIP .. Elizabeth.

Candle
    Mine has been burning since the news broke that she had passed. My heart is heavy, and my thoughts go out to her children, parents, and her extended family who were there for her during this past few years. Judy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I didn't know her...
    but her death has hit me so hard! I will light my candle for her now and shead a few tears too!

This has been so upsetting.
    This has been so upsetting. Candle lit, prayers sent.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:,-(
    You know I did not know her, did not get the opportunity to correspond with her like I have with all of you but, yet she was a sister in pink and my heart hurts. She was brave even gallant in her battle to survive and manage the public view as well. Rest in peace, prayers will be said for those left behind.

RE

I'm sorry I missed lighting
    I'm sorry I missed lighting a candle last night for Elizabeth. I will light mine tonight to honor her life.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    heidijez said:

lit a candle, said a prayer. . .
    but can't shake the sadness of losing such a gracious warrior.

I have been down too, since
    I have been down too, since hearing about Elizabeth's death. Praying for her and that her family finds peace.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options

You are in my prayers, mom
    Elizabeth's death has hit us all very hard, but I can only imagine what it is doing to those with mets. Let us know how the results are when you can. Be strong. All of us are there with you.
    Anna

thanks for the support
    Anna,thanks so much for your message I am reading it with tears in my eyes. Ill keep eveyone posted after my appointment tomorrow. With love to all my sisters, Terry
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    rainbow4 said:

Kindred Spirit
    I picked up on that immediately, and it made her even more "one of us". Rest at last in peace,Elizabeth.

(one of her favorite quotes)
    Ring the bells that still can ring,
    Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack in everything -
    That's how the light gets in.
    -Leonard Cohen

My candle is burning, and the tears are falling.
    -rainbow4

What a beautiful quote from
    What a beautiful quote from her. Thanks rainbow for posting it. Crying again now
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Megan
    Char

They had a really beautiful
    They had a really beautiful piece about her on television tonight. I never realized how remarkable and how brave she was. And, an adoring Mom to her children.

Leeza