bald and loving it!

Options
2»

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    You go girl!
    I did it the same way, I use to think, "how many woman see themselves without hair, many go a lifetime" I have seen my bald head and it wasn't that bad. haha Hugs...alison
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

Cold
    My head gets cold even with the wig own especially if I've had a hot flash,I haven't asked my Dr. about meds for that I don't like taking a lot of meds but when I'm home and i have a hot flash off comes the scarf I actually have some hair growing back I never shaved my head and since Im not on the FEC anymore I"m so proud of my fuzz,I am on taxotere but my hair seems to be coming back in I've been on taxotere since October will it continue to come in? I don't miss doing my hair but i do miss having it, it really kept my head warm and my neck omg it's really getting cold. MollyZ

Good for you! Hugs, Leeza
    Good for you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude
    You have the right attitude to get you through this portion of the bc journey. Enjoy your cute hats, scarves and wigs. I, too, dreaded the hair loss but found once I was used to the new look, it wasn't all bad. This, too, will be a part of your past before you know it. Take care.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

I'm with you
    On day 14 of chemo ... when I ran my fingers through my hair and ended up with a fist full of hair ... and had a friend shave my head ... it was a HUGE relief. Even though I looked like my grandfather (REALLY!) ... it was a relief to know that "it" had finally happened and I might as well get used to it ... and I did. I didn't like the feel of wigs and never could get those pretty scarves tied right ... so I just lived in my denim bucket hat from TLC catalog ... and loved it. I got so used to not doing my hair ... since I didn't have any ... that I've kept it really short since. Just jump out of the shower ... towel dry ... and I'm ready to go.

Keep that positive attitude. There are so many milestones in this cancer adventure ... that you need that positive attitude ... and we just have to keep going forward on the journey.

hugs.
    teena

Enjoy your hats and scarves!
    Enjoy your hats and scarves! It is so wonderful that you have such a great attitude!

You are a winner and a survivor!

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    chenheart said:

@ TexasGirl
    Generally, we

@ TexasGirl
    Generally, we start losing our hair around the 2nd chemo...and often times our scalp starts aching. Feels like a rubber band in a too tight pony tail. And, for the record, because I simply never put 2 and 2 together, just know that yup, ANYWHERE you have hair, you won't! That was a major shock to me~ sure wish I had known! LOL

Sorry that you even had to
    Sorry that you even had to do this, but, I know it must feel good to have it behind you now. And, like everyone says, it will grow back and you can look great in the meantime with your cute scarves and hats.

Hugs, Lex
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    Options

Thanks
    Thanks Chenheart for the information. I keep thinking that I'm going to be bald on Christmas. I don't know why that is bothering me so much, but it really is. I don't think I'm gonna be one of the ladies that will "rock" my baldness. I'm very upset about it. That and losing my breast. I know that just sounds so vain, and I honestly am not a vain person but it's really bothering me. I'm pretty sure I won't miss the shaving my legs part though lol

Today is day 20
    I started shedding day 15?? Last Wednesday. By Saturday it was unbearable an I looked like a mangy dog! I feel soooooooooooo much better and Burlington coat factory has the cutest hats! Toss in a pair of big earrings and cute sunglasses and you will rock it! I've shown everyone. It really feels good and just think, without this beast you'd never feel what it's like to be bald! My 4 yr old keeps saying I look like her Andy (my 22 yr old son). Guess he gets his cute head from mama! It is what it is so we must deal with it to beat it!
    It is hard for me when people look then turn away quickly but my sister in law says it's because I'm so beautiful ;)
    Stay close with your support and it will all be ok!
    XOXO to all of us!
  • vjcrocker
    vjcrocker Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Bald and loving it
    It’s great that you had your 4 year-old and Hubby help. After 3 days of my hair falling out I told my husband it was time and I went into the bathroom and shaved it myself then my Husband went in and shaved his head. I have to admit we didn't look to bad Bald; in fact I like my Husband better bald. :-) Now you can be a blonde one day, brunette another and be a red head. Be creative and have fun with it. And when it’s done and your hair grows back it may surprise you. My hair came back at least 4 shades darker. I use to be a dark sandy blonde now I’m a med/dark brunette.
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    Options
    vjcrocker said:

Bald and loving it
    It’s great that you had your 4 year-old and Hubby help. After 3 days of my hair falling out I told my husband it was time and I went into the bathroom and shaved it myself then my Husband went in and shaved his head. I have to admit we didn't look to bad Bald; in fact I like my Husband better bald. :-) Now you can be a blonde one day, brunette another and be a red head. Be creative and have fun with it. And when it’s done and your hair grows back it may surprise you. My hair came back at least 4 shades darker. I use to be a dark sandy blonde now I’m a med/dark brunette.

Would love red!!
    If my hair came back red I would love it!! My oldest daughter *(20yrs) is a red head and we don't know where it came from! That would be perfect!!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

hair
    I hate not having my hair :( But the one good thing is how quickly I can get ready these days :) But my head and neck get so cold!!!!!

I have a wig but it itches so I dont wear it much. I prefer hats.

this lady at my treatment center told me that she makes up for the no hair thing with earrings and she did the bigger the better for her LOL I just wear my little diamonds like always :)

So happy for you that you
    So happy for you that you took this huge step. Enjoy your cute hats and scarves.

Hugs, Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

You have the right attitude
    You have the right attitude to get you through this portion of the bc journey. Enjoy your cute hats, scarves and wigs. I, too, dreaded the hair loss but found once I was used to the new look, it wasn't all bad. This, too, will be a part of your past before you know it. Take care.

Good for you!

Good for you!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

way to go
    I hope you find cute hats, scarfs etc...

You go girl!

You go girl!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ccincin said:

Would love red!!
    If my hair came back red I would love it!! My oldest daughter *(20yrs) is a red head and we don't know where it came from! That would be perfect!!

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
    I didn't look that bad bald. It sure cut down on the getting ready to go somewhere time. No hair care products, blowdryers. I kept reminding myself Demi Moore was bald, and people thought it was cool. I wished I got paid the millions she got to shave her head.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    ccincin said:

Would love red!!

Well, you never know
    Well, you never know ccincin! Love that picture of you. Is that your daughter?