♥ * ♥ * ♥ * ♥ * What Are You Doing For Christmas? * ♥ * ♥ * ♥ * ♥

Options

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

I'm giving my sister the 24th & 25th to spend with her family.
    She has her hubby's family, her kids grandparents, etc, over. I will spend those days taking care of our parents. It will be quiet. I'll leave food for my husband and he'll spend the time with 2 of his favorite people - our dogs!. I have Monday off, so I'll have 2 days at home, something I haven't had since early August.

I wish you all joy and peace at heart and mind.

Sue

My husband and I will be in snowy upstate NY
    Leaving sunny, warm Arizona is so hard, but mom lives in upstate NY (my childhood home) and cannot travel. My sister will also be there-traveling from Minneapolis. Unfortunately, my son and new daughter-in-law will be staying in Arizona but we will celebrate Christmas with them when we return. Our Vizsla, Jake, will be staying with my son and his wife. We'll definitely miss that boy!

Wishing everyone peace and perfect health.

Hugs, Renee
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    I am cooking
    I love Christmas and all its decorations. I love the spirit of Christmas. I love the music. I love the food and homemade baked goodies. This year all my family will be with us on Christmas Day. When I say all my family, I mean my daughter, son-in-law, and their 4 children; my son and daughter-in-law in and their 2 children; my daughter-in-law's parents; and a friend who reminds me of my sister. (My mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, and cousins live in heaven.)

My first born granddaughter was born on Christmas Day. Ayla is beautiful and has a pleasing nature. This Christmas Day she will be thirteen years old. Magnus will be 5 on December 22. Angus will be 2 on January 1. Tehya will be 10 on January 5. My daughter only knows how to have Capricorn children.

My son only knows how to have Leo children. Anthony will be 6 on August 5 and Leila will be 3 on August 14.

I am very excited that we all be together and can't wait for Christmas Day. The next day we are going to the Art Institute of Chicago with the family and I can't wait for that day.

Both my husband, Kenny, and I love art and have passed that passion to our children and grandchildren. Our houses are filled with art.

It is going to be a good Christmas.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Were in a mess this year
    We are moving into my son's house, he is moving into his wife's childhood home, we are all in a mess right now. My daughter in law say's she is still having Christmas dinner. Will see lol. Found out one thing, this move is kicking my butt.

I am so sorry Kat that you
    I am so sorry Kat that you are in such a mess with the moving. I hope it goes smoothly and very quickly for you and your family. Got my fingers crossed that your daughter in law will still have Christmas dinner.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!
  • susie09
    Options
    Alexis F said:

It's hard to say what is my
    It's hard to say what is my favorite, but, I think What Child Is This is beautiful.

I love that song too Alexis.
    I love that song too Alexis. The Christmas music is all so pretty and can really get you in the mood!
  • susie09
    Options

This year I am cooking. Last
    This year I am cooking. Last year we had the big dinner at our house and I did all the planning but was not able to prepare it or eat it. I was going through chemo at the time and had just gotten out of the hospital two days before the big dinner. My 13 year old grandson followed my directions and he fixed everything, even all of the cookies. Gotta love him. He has asked if can come back and help me again this year. This time I will get to eat some of the crab and shrimp that I am planning on having. We usually have a house full for dinner. We always celebrate on Christmas Eve. It gives everyone else a chance to spend Christmas with their kids.

I have to tell you that my grandson is 14 now and is 6 foot 3 inches tall and wears a size 13 mens shoe. This is the same grandson that wants me to teach him to crochet. Might make a good husband one day.

I have crocheted almost all of our Christmas presents this year. I have finished everything that has to be shipped and am now working on the gifts for the family and friends that are here.

Hugs

Donna

Your grandson is going to
    Your grandson is going to make someone an excellent husband someday. And, what special gifts that you crocheted. Those always mean so much more.

Merry Christmas Donna!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Christmas
    Will be having Chrstmas early, on the 19th of December. Chemo #4 is Dec. 21st. Will have daughter and her family over for Chreistmas dinner, gifts and then off to see "Candy Cane Lane"..neighborhood that is decorated all of 4 blocks, then back to my condo for dessert. My son and wife don't keep in touch with me ... so understand how hard holidays can be. Still get gifts for the grandchildren and give them to daughter to pass them on in case she sees them. Don't understand it but know it is not uncommon that the wife tries to "rule". The last time I saw my two grandchildren from him was a year ago. They are now 7 and 8. Have 3 grandchildren from daughter that I am very close to. 17, 15, 8 years old. Already have house decorated, recovering from Chemo #3. This one is taking longer to bounce back from. Plan to finish shopping and wrapping next week, only have the 17 yr. old to go, video game, jeans and a hoody will do. Love Christmas, keep in mind the true meaning for celebrating, Jesus. Praying for peace, compassion and love for all.

We will go to church in the
    We will go to church in the morning. We used to go to midnight mass, but, have decided to go to church on Christmas morning. That is the best way to start off Christmas, to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

Then, going to my sister and brother in laws for a feast and fun! There will be a house full and we can't wait to have the whole family together on Christmas.

There are so many that we draw names, but, everyone usually buys lots for the little ones, and, they are so much fun to watch opening their presents. Aww, the excitement on their faces and in their eyes.

I am wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
  • Kylez
    Options

I for once will be away this
    I for once will be away this Christmas. We've decided to spend the holidays in the tropics, so we are flying out on the 23rd and returning on January 3rd. Will feel kind of strange but feel I need to get away this year. I will be uploading pictures on facebook. Not sure what we will be cooking yet, guess it depends on what is available in the supermarket that day. We are flying with friends and their 2 daughters so at least my 2 will have company. Merry Christmas to everyone...and my wish for 2011 is for peace, faith, hope and good health. Love and hugs, Lili

The tropics? Nice! Have a
    The tropics? Nice! Have a great time Lili!
  • Kylez
    Options
    tgf said:

Going to Connecticut
    I'm heading to Connecticut and will be spending Christmas with my son, the most wonderful-daughter-in-law-in-the world, and 2 adorable grandsons. I can't wait. I only see them twice a year ... and the boys seem to grow sooooo much between my visits. Christmas is always great fun. My grandsons are 10 and 3 and for the past 4-5 years the oldest boy and I have made it a tradition to make Christmas Pretzels ... but this year we're going to include the 3 year old. I'm sure many of you know about these but ... just in case:

Place the small pretzel shaped pretzels on a cookie sheet ... flat ... not over-lapping then on top of each one place a Hershey chocolate kiss. Put in oven at about 200 degrees for just a few minutes until kiss is soft but not totally melted. Take out of oven and place a red/green M&M on top of the chocolate kiss ... let sit until chocolate sets up ... and whammy ... a yummy holiday treat! We make tons and they are really gobbled up. My grandson thinks he does all the "work" but while he's putting the pretzels on the cookie sheet I'm madly unwrapping the Hershey kisses trying to keep up with him. Then of course ... I do the oven part. Can't wait to include the 3 year old this year!

Holiday hugs to all!

Teena

Another great Christmas
    Another great Christmas recipe! Thanks Teena!
  • susie09
    Options
    missrenee said:

My husband and I will be in snowy upstate NY
    Leaving sunny, warm Arizona is so hard, but mom lives in upstate NY (my childhood home) and cannot travel. My sister will also be there-traveling from Minneapolis. Unfortunately, my son and new daughter-in-law will be staying in Arizona but we will celebrate Christmas with them when we return. Our Vizsla, Jake, will be staying with my son and his wife. We'll definitely miss that boy!

Wishing everyone peace and perfect health.

Hugs, Renee

Arizona for New York? But,
    Arizona for New York? But, won't the snow make it seem more like Christmas? They have a lot now. I am sure it will be wonderful to spend Christmas with your Mother and Sister. And, when you get back, you can have Christmas again with your son and his wife.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New year Renee!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Christmas Eve!!
    We will start Christmas Eve with my kids and families, my Mom, brother, sister and there families. There are 25 of us. We will eat and open presents. Then my daughter, son in law and 2 grandsons. My son daughter in law and granddaughter will go to my house and have our Christmas together. Santa will leave some gifts out there for them! Christmas Day my kids will have Christmas morning with their kids and head to their in laws for a late lunch. I generally go to my son in laws Moms house Christmas Day evening and visit with all of them. God Bless and a very Merry CHRISTmas to all!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I love Christmas!!!!
    Christmas Eve is always midnight mass, which is always so wonderful with all of the Christmas songs and with all of the candles lit. It just really puts you in the spirit and reminds us, at least, of what the celebration and true meaning of Christmas is, the birth of Christ.

Christmas day will be at my parent's home, and, what a day it will be. Lots of presents to unwrap, lots of good food, lots of card playing and laughter will fill the house.

We have a tradition of fixing pink squirrel's as a drink later in the day. OMG, they are delicious and we have done this for a zillion years.

We have already taken the food to the Humane Society for the animals and I have been helping with Toys for Tots. That is an awesome and rewarding program.

I want to take this time now, to wish all of my sisters in pink the most wonderful and happiest Christmas ever!

Merry Christmas!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

I love all Christmas music,
    I love all Christmas music, but, Silver Bells is my favorite.

I love it too Noel.

I love it too Noel.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Christmas
    We always have Christmas eve at my house. We exchange gifts with my family and make a fun evening out of it. We started doing this when my kids were little in hopes that it would settle them down a little before santa came :). We will go to my parents house on Christmas day. I can't wait for that turkey and dressing.

I got my Christmas shopping
    I got my Christmas shopping done! Now, I can really concentrate on baking my Christmas cookies and making candy!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I am cooking
    I love Christmas and all its decorations. I love the spirit of Christmas. I love the music. I love the food and homemade baked goodies. This year all my family will be with us on Christmas Day. When I say all my family, I mean my daughter, son-in-law, and their 4 children; my son and daughter-in-law in and their 2 children; my daughter-in-law's parents; and a friend who reminds me of my sister. (My mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, and cousins live in heaven.)

My first born granddaughter was born on Christmas Day. Ayla is beautiful and has a pleasing nature. This Christmas Day she will be thirteen years old. Magnus will be 5 on December 22. Angus will be 2 on January 1. Tehya will be 10 on January 5. My daughter only knows how to have Capricorn children.

My son only knows how to have Leo children. Anthony will be 6 on August 5 and Leila will be 3 on August 14.

I am very excited that we all be together and can't wait for Christmas Day. The next day we are going to the Art Institute of Chicago with the family and I can't wait for that day.

Both my husband, Kenny, and I love art and have passed that passion to our children and grandchildren. Our houses are filled with art.

It is going to be a good Christmas.

We have christmas at my
    We have christmas at my house then have to drive to my BIL's house on Christmas day. I have to work the next day so it will be cut short. i am looking forward to my daughter comeing home from school. Last year, was not so hot. spent the day in bed and couldnt eat. so thankful to be here and celebrating. I do have my gifts bough and although I promised myself, I did spend too much on my kids.
    Donna I do remeber your grandson helping you last year, so nice he wants to do it again. A different christmas this year, makes me appreciate how far we have come.
    Libby my Carly's birthday is the 29th, I am the 28th so appreciate the efforts you go to to make her birthday special.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    carkris said:

We have christmas at my
    We have christmas at my house then have to drive to my BIL's house on Christmas day. I have to work the next day so it will be cut short. i am looking forward to my daughter comeing home from school. Last year, was not so hot. spent the day in bed and couldnt eat. so thankful to be here and celebrating. I do have my gifts bough and although I promised myself, I did spend too much on my kids.
    Donna I do remeber your grandson helping you last year, so nice he wants to do it again. A different christmas this year, makes me appreciate how far we have come.
    Libby my Carly's birthday is the 29th, I am the 28th so appreciate the efforts you go to to make her birthday special.

Carkris: Yep still remember
    Carkris: Yep still remember the hard times and praying so much for us all to have a better year next year.

I have a granddaughter that was born on Christmas Eve. Her name is Holly. She will be 6 this birthday and what a cutie pie she is. She is our youngest. We have 7 grandchildren, ages 20 to 6. Most are up north and will probably have a "white" Christmas.

Happy Holidays to all.

Hugs

Donna
  • susie09
    Options

Carkris: Yep still remember
    Carkris: Yep still remember the hard times and praying so much for us all to have a better year next year.

I have a granddaughter that was born on Christmas Eve. Her name is Holly. She will be 6 this birthday and what a cutie pie she is. She is our youngest. We have 7 grandchildren, ages 20 to 6. Most are up north and will probably have a "white" Christmas.

Happy Holidays to all.

Hugs

Donna

For sure, praying for all of
    For sure, praying for all of us to have a better year and a super wonderful holiday season!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

For sure, praying for all of
    For sure, praying for all of us to have a better year and a super wonderful holiday season!

This year
    I get to host so I'm having all three of my sons, daughter-in-law, two grandchildren, two dear family friends, and maybe my brother and his family. It will be a houseful and I'm really looking forward to it. I love Christmas!!

xo
    Victoria
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Christmas :)
    My favorite holiday!!!

Christmas eve we bake cookies, watch movies, leave food for reindeers, leave cookies for Santa, open ONE gift.

Christmas morning we have Santa come, open gifts and go to my moms house for prime rib yummm!!

This year on Sunday we will go to my grandparents they are 94 & 93 years old!!

My Carlie's birthday is the 27th so I rip the tree down and all decorations on the 26th so she has her Bday apart from Christmas!

shew I'm tired just thinking about it :)

I just heard the song Child
    I just heard the song Child of God this morning. They were playing Christmas music on the radio. It is really, really pretty. I hadn't heard it before.

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    warrrior3 said:

DH and I are
    so fortunate to be celebrating Christmas Eve at home with our son, daughter in law, daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren. Part of our traditional buffet is making mozzarella en carozza (like my dad did before he passed away), stuffed mushrooms, antipasto, chicken rollatini, stringbeans marinara, meatballs, stuffed shells or some other pasta dish, etc...We will be missing my mom who passed away in June. She had lived with us for the past 3 years and absolutely loved Christmas. Christmas day our kids go to their in laws and DH and I recouperate and put the house back together. This year we may put our decorations away since we are going to FL New Years Day for a week.
    Sunday Dec. 26 we celebrate at my sister in laws house with my DH's mom, sisters, brothers in law, brother, sister in law, nieces, nephews and now their children and of course our kids and grandchildren.

We finally got the snow I
    We finally got the snow I have been wanting! It looks beautiful and really feels like the Christmas season now!

Jan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

I'm a little sad about this Christmas.
    My younger son lives in New Mexico and is in a serious relationship. He decided to spend the holiday with her family rather than to come home. This is the first year he will miss so I guess I'm lucky but it doesn't feel that way. He said Gretchen (his soon to be fiance) will never come to my house for Christmas because she is close to her family. That means my son will never have another Christmas with me. I just can't get past this and think she is very selfish to think her family and traditions are more important than my son's. I'm hoping that he will stand up to her in future years but I promised myself that I wouldn't put him in the position to choose. His partner should get top priority and I should butt out. I was hoping he would choose a compassionate women rather than a selfish one but it doesn't look like it. Oh well.

Roseann

Merry Christmas
    It looks like everyone is going to have a great Christmas! Just saying Merry Christmas to all of my sisters in pink here! Have a blessed day!
  • Kylez
    Options
    aisling8 said:

This year
    I get to host so I'm having all three of my sons, daughter-in-law, two grandchildren, two dear family friends, and maybe my brother and his family. It will be a houseful and I'm really looking forward to it. I love Christmas!!

xo
    Victoria

Thanks Susie!
    Just wanted you to know Susie that your post really inspired me as to your generosity to do for others during the Christmas season.

I had so much going on then, that I didn't give back so to speak. But, I am going to now.

So, I got some of my friends together and we have been organizing a clothing drive here to get coats, gloves, sweaters, anything to give to those that are less fortunate during this winter. And, it is working!

We have lots of support from the community already and are so happy to be doing this. It really does make you feel good.

So, thank you for reminding me that others need help! I am going to do what I can.

Hugs, Kylez