♥ * ♥ * ♥ * ♥ * What Are You Doing For Christmas? * ♥ * ♥ * ♥ * ♥

Options

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

I was wondering if everyone
    I was wondering if everyone has a favorite Christmas song. I think my favorite would be Silent Night. And, it doesn't matter who sings it, it is still beautiful.

Jan

I like Silent Night as well.
    I like Silent Night as well. I learned to sing it in German when I was a little girl, and I still remember the words!
    My mom used to remind anyone who was nearby that when I was about 3 or 4, I was singing Oh Come All Ye Faithful..I sang "Oh come all ye faithful, joyful and umphant." When my mom said, "Claudia, TRI-umphant" I replied, "I am trying umphant!" So, I like that song too! LOL
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

I was wondering if everyone has a favorite Christmas song. I think my favorite would be Silent Night. And, it doesn't matter who sings it, it is still beautiful.

Jan

O Holy Night. Especially
    O Holy Night. Especially sung by Pavarotti. Danny's dad used to play it every Christmas and I miss him so. He was a sweetheart.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Not too much for Christmas....
    We 'switch countries' on December 28....much to do....

NEXT year I'll be on the ball and get a Christmas tree, etc...this year...well, the halls are decked and we will have dinner here for our family...

Usually we are on a plane on Christmas day, to spend dutch 'second Christmas day' with my beau's mom. Since my beau's mom passed, we realized that it's more important to stay with family here, and leave with time enough to buy fireworks for New Years Eve (last year, the dutch spent millions on fireworks...sort of like we Americans spending millions on electricity for elaborate light displays...lol).

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Jan

Oh Holy Night....
    and the Halleluja Chorus....

Last year we heard it presented in a church from the 1700's...it rang to the steeple!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

O Holy Night. Especially
    O Holy Night. Especially sung by Pavarotti. Danny's dad used to play it every Christmas and I miss him so. He was a sweetheart.

Christmas songs!
    Silent night is my favorite too, but, I also love I'll be home for Christmas. I have Christmas music playing right now!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Oh Holy Night....

Last year we heard it presented in a church from the 1700's...it rang to the steeple!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Kenny G and his Saxophone! YEA!
    It looks like Silent Night is everyone's favorite! It is one of mine also. I have a cd of Kenny G's Christmas songs, and, it is amazing! Ofcourse, I really like his music anyway, but, the Christmas one is extra special.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is beautiful too!

And, on that note, to my sisters in pink..Have yourselves a Merry little Christmas too!

Sue :)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

NEXT year I'll be on the ball and get a Christmas tree, etc...this year...well, the halls are decked and we will have dinner here for our family...

Usually we are on a plane on Christmas day, to spend dutch 'second Christmas day' with my beau's mom. Since my beau's mom passed, we realized that it's more important to stay with family here, and leave with time enough to buy fireworks for New Years Eve (last year, the dutch spent millions on fireworks...sort of like we Americans spending millions on electricity for elaborate light displays...lol).

Hugs, Kathi

Were in a mess this year
    We are moving into my son's house, he is moving into his wife's childhood home, we are all in a mess right now. My daughter in law say's she is still having Christmas dinner. Will see lol. Found out one thing, this move is kicking my butt.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    sea60 said:

At my Mom & Dad's
    enjoying a meal with family and a thankful heart!

Blessings,

Sylvia

A thankful heart, I love
    A thankful heart, I love that Sylvia! I feel exactly the same way!

Merry Christmas!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

O Holy Night. Especially

O Holy Night by Pavarotti is
    O Holy Night by Pavarotti is awesome Cynthia. Nice seeing what everyone's favorite Christmas song is.

Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Jake and I
    Jake and I are going to a tree farm on 12/11 and picking out our tree and having them cut it and then bringing it home and decorating it. Jake's dad will be going to California to spend Christmas with Jake's step sister so it will be Jake and I Christmas eve--pizza, movies and jammies(matching ones if we can find some). Then presents in the morning and then to my mothers Christmas late morning for more presents and lunch.

It was his idea about what to do x-mas eve--just the two of us.

Margo

Christmas!
    Going to my in-laws on Christmas Eve. We always go to midnight mass which we love! I love the music and it is a candlelight service.

Then, Christmas day, we go to my parent's house. A day filled with lots of love, gifts and gratitude to God that we can all be together.

Merry Christmas!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I for once will be away this
    I for once will be away this Christmas. We've decided to spend the holidays in the tropics, so we are flying out on the 23rd and returning on January 3rd. Will feel kind of strange but feel I need to get away this year. I will be uploading pictures on facebook. Not sure what we will be cooking yet, guess it depends on what is available in the supermarket that day. We are flying with friends and their 2 daughters so at least my 2 will have company. Merry Christmas to everyone...and my wish for 2011 is for peace, faith, hope and good health. Love and hugs, Lili
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

I for once will be away this Christmas. We've decided to spend the holidays in the tropics, so we are flying out on the 23rd and returning on January 3rd. Will feel kind of strange but feel I need to get away this year. I will be uploading pictures on facebook. Not sure what we will be cooking yet, guess it depends on what is available in the supermarket that day. We are flying with friends and their 2 daughters so at least my 2 will have company. Merry Christmas to everyone...and my wish for 2011 is for peace, faith, hope and good health. Love and hugs, Lili

Sounds like fun Lili, Will
    Sounds like fun Lili, Will be waiting for pictures. Have a great time, enjoy, relax and be safe. Merry Christmas to you.
    Kathy
  • Alexis F
    Options

Christmas Eve!!
    We will start Christmas Eve with my kids and families, my Mom, brother, sister and there families. There are 25 of us. We will eat and open presents. Then my daughter, son in law and 2 grandsons. My son daughter in law and granddaughter will go to my house and have our Christmas together. Santa will leave some gifts out there for them! Christmas Day my kids will have Christmas morning with their kids and head to their in laws for a late lunch. I generally go to my son in laws Moms house Christmas Day evening and visit with all of them. God Bless and a very Merry CHRISTmas to all!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Waiting for Santa Claus!
    Waiting for Santa Claus! LOL
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Kenny G and his Saxophone! YEA!
    It looks like Silent Night is everyone's favorite! It is one of mine also. I have a cd of Kenny G's Christmas songs, and, it is amazing! Ofcourse, I really like his music anyway, but, the Christmas one is extra special.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is beautiful too!

And, on that note, to my sisters in pink..Have yourselves a Merry little Christmas too!

Sue :)

Just like the rest of you,
    Just like the rest of you, Silent Night is my all time favorite too.

Let's sing it! hehe
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Going to the tropics? That
    Going to the tropics? That sounds wonderful. Have a good and warm time! LOL
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Going to the tropics? That
    Going to the tropics? That sounds wonderful. Have a good and warm time! LOL

for us...
    either around Christmas, or just after New Year's, we're getting married...Not something we planned to do just yet, but because my insurance rates went up SO MUCH, and he got a job where I can get on his plan for a lot cheaper, we decided maybe we should go ahead and do it now rather than wait...There's only one other thing I need to check into, which might botch it. When I go on Medicare in about 18 months or so, does it screw up HIS insurance, or can that be a life-changing event so I can get off it at that time? If not, his plan would make HIS coverage much less because of ME, at least to the end of that year, and that wouldn't be right!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I'm giving my sister the 24th & 25th to spend with her family.
    She has her hubby's family, her kids grandparents, etc, over. I will spend those days taking care of our parents. It will be quiet. I'll leave food for my husband and he'll spend the time with 2 of his favorite people - our dogs!. I have Monday off, so I'll have 2 days at home, something I haven't had since early August.

I wish you all joy and peace at heart and mind.

Sue
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Christmas Here!
    We're having lots and lots of family and friends out to our home for Christmas day. I have been heavy cleaning our house, cleaning stuff I wouldn't normally do. LOL But, I wanted everything spotless before we put up all of the Christmas decorations. And, the house looks so festive!

I am praying for snow. It just makes Christmas day seem so fresh and so new.

We will be going to midnight mass with some family and then to bed as Christmas will be a mad house here. LOL

And, we always take food to the Food Bank. I have had all my friends and my family donate also this year. I want everyone to have something good to eat on this holy day.

Wishing all my sisters a very Merry Christmas!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Oh Holy Night....

Hugs, Kathi

I love all Christmas music,
    I love all Christmas music, but, Silver Bells is my favorite.
  • Alexis F
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

It's hard to say what is my
    It's hard to say what is my favorite, but, I think What Child Is This is beautiful.