What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving & What Are You Cooking?

Options
124»

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Green Bean Casserole
    Ingredients
    1/3 stick butter
    1/2 cup diced onions ( I am using shallots~ I like their sweet flavor better)
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms ~white buttons are fine!
    2 cups sliced Fresh green beans ( I was able to purchase bagged, fresh, already cut green beans in the produce section of my local market)
    3 cups chicken broth ( one box of the low sodium chicken broth)
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup ( I don't know if you have a Trader Joes, but they have Portobello Mushroom Soup!) Campbell's Mushroom Soup is fine otherwise!
    1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings

1 cup grated Cheddar
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup,3/4 of the onion rings, s/p, to taste, to the onion mushroom mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and remaining onion rings and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.

I am coming to all of your houses. Have an extra plate for me?

Kristin ♥
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    susie09 said:

Thanks Elm! I will try your
    Thanks Elm! I will try your recipe! Happy Turkey Day!

20 years ago 11/25
    I was at the hospital giving birth to my 4th child~ my son Corban. So, in addition to pumpkin pie~ I will bake a birthday cake.
    We are having 17 people over~
    ~some family
    ~2 college exchange students (India & pakistan)
    ~1 friend
    ~one dog
    I have parceled out the pies, rolls and an appetizer.
    My responsibilities... the bird, dressing, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole (fam.recipe),greenbean casserole, cheeseball & crackers, shrimp & cocktail sauce...I'm exhausted just writing it! But, it is about family, being thankful and blessing others. Also, Thurs. morning we are helping prepare the meal at the Tacoma Rescue Mission.
    Happy Thanksgiving Ladies~
    Melanie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Ocean City
    I'll be at my Mom's over by Ocean City, MD - actually in Ocean Pines. One of the bestest yet baddest things we make for turkey day is the candied sweet potatoes. I take a stick of butter and melt it in a skillet and pour a can of yams or sw potatoes in with the juice. Then I take a couple handfulls of brown sugar and sprinkle on top and let it cook down to a syrup. Don't need no marshmallows for that one!!!! It is just so good!
    Pat

Thanks Everyone!
    Thank you everyone for telling us what you are doing and even what you are cooking on such a wonderful holiday.

Wishing all of you, my sisters in pink, the best possible Thanksgiving ever!

I know I have so much to be thankful for, that it brings tears to my eyes.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    warrrior3 said:

Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner
    with hubby but will be catering this year since I will be starting Partial breast radiation(mammosite) Monday and will be going twice a day all week except for Thanksgiving of course. Our DD, son in law, 17 month old grandson will stay for the Italian portion of the dinner only and our DS, daughter in law, 5 y/o granddaughter, 6 month old grandson, my sister, brother in law and 2 nephews will stay for Wegman's holiday dinner. I'm sure the food will be delicious but we are focusing on family being together. I am especially thankful for my final pathology report.

Very happy for your clean
    Very happy for your clean path report warrior! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    chenheart said:

Green Bean Casserole
    Ingredients
    1/3 stick butter
    1/2 cup diced onions ( I am using shallots~ I like their sweet flavor better)
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms ~white buttons are fine!
    2 cups sliced Fresh green beans ( I was able to purchase bagged, fresh, already cut green beans in the produce section of my local market)
    3 cups chicken broth ( one box of the low sodium chicken broth)
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup ( I don't know if you have a Trader Joes, but they have Portobello Mushroom Soup!) Campbell's Mushroom Soup is fine otherwise!
    1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings

1 cup grated Cheddar
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup,3/4 of the onion rings, s/p, to taste, to the onion mushroom mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and remaining onion rings and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.

I have started cooking! YEH
    I have started cooking! YEH for me! lol

Just wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Megan
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Chens receipe

I pulled up on line receipts.I think it is so neat I pulled up one from Chen.I will be trying this one.I hope by me replying it will post as new.So everyone else on boards can see it.Its a present from Chen.

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Chens receipe

I found this on line and reposted.Chen has some receipts on here.Its like a holiday present from our dear Chen.And several more.Hope you enjoy it.I sure did.

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2016 #69
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Chens receipe

I found this on line and reposted.Chen has some receipts on here.Its like a holiday present from our dear Chen.And several more.Hope you enjoy it.I sure did.

Who is Chen? Give us some

Who is Chen? Give us some background.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Just three

I already had one for my daughter and her family last weekend so on Thanksgiving, although I will still have the tradditional foods, it will just be the three of us.  I am good with that.  Maybe next year I will feel like more people.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited November 2016 #71
    Options
    Day late and $ short to reply

Day late and $ short to reply

I had Thanksgiving at my house (which is the norm) we had 8 of us and 3 guests.

NICE day.

Denise