What was your favorite toy you received at Christmas as a child

Options
13»

Comments

• TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53
    Options

tiny tears
    When I was young, we had Revlon dolls (predecessor to Barbie), but my favorite doll was Tiny Tears. She would take a bottle with water and pee or cry real tears. Her hair was painted on and the very first night, my cousin threw her down and scratched some of it off - I was devastated!

I wrote on here about Roy Rogers being my childhood hero, so I must say that my favorite gift of all was a combination, WOW what a Christmas when I got a cowboy (girl) hat, boots, lasso, and six-shooters with real leather holsters and belt. They were downsized because I was very young. Believe it or not, I still have them and they still smell like the caps I used to shoot with them!

YES, we had metal roller skates with keys - and yes, a few years later we used the wheels to make skateboards. We had 45 records that we sometimes had to put the plastic piece in the middle to fit on certain RECORD PLAYERS. We carrolled at the "old folks' homes" and hospitals, as well as at the homes of other church members.

One of my most vivid memories was when my brother got a new set of tools. All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were over and while the adults were visiting in the kitchen, we kids used the saw to cut on the drawers of my brothers chest of drawers and headboard. We also hammered in a few nails! (They failed to give him any wood to work with). I was only about 4 years old!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
    Marsha

Tiny Tears
    Oh my goodness, that's exactly what I was thinking. I still have her and found one other Tiny Tears at a flea market. I LOVED that doll. My sister got a Shirley Temple doll and I was so jealous and wanted her but she never let me play with her and neither did she. It is still in a box with a little bit of messy hair where I tried to play with her! Wonder if any of these dolls are worth anything!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    skipper85 said:

I had to do it

I was in the store today and there in front of my eyes was the Crayola Box of 64 crayons. I just had to do it. I opened the box and took a good long whiff. My friend Carol was with me and thought I was crazy until I made her take a whiff too. Then she broke into a smile and said it brought back some wonderful eary memories. Crayons for everyone!!

Skipper

skipper
    I found this very funny. I love Crayons too, can't wait till I get to Target. My taste buds may not work, but my nose does!
    Marsha

P.S. We had a wonderful dog named Spooky, lost him just a few years ago at age 16. When my kids were little, they would dump all the crayons on the floor while coloring. Spooky would watch and wait, then slowly go pick one up and EAT IT! The strange thing is, he ONLY ate the ORANGE ones - any kind of orange! Red-orange, orange-red, yellow-orange, just plain orange, etc.