Blessings

Options
braelee2
braelee2 Member Posts: 130
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been really blessed. I may have been cursed with colon cancer but I found out that I have been blessed with a great Family, Friends and Neighbors. I have not cooked for such a long time. Everyone is dropping off meals for my family, My mother made a turkey dinner on Monday last week on Wed she made Veg. Soup, On Friday my Aunt sent Potatoe soup and this Monday my friend made us lasagna,salad garlic bread and cake, And today a neighbor made us swiss steak. I have been blessed with great people that cook, I had neighbors bring bags of food over. And my Husband friends did a golf fundraiser to help us out. You can't ask for anything more than that. And all the cards they send are so sweet and help me get through my bad days. Something Good always comes out of bad things.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    People Can Surprise Us
    I understand how you feel Bralee. I think we often find out who our friends are when we're sick or broke.

There is a post in the Religion, Spirituality, Meditation section that asks "Has Cancer Been ALL Bad For You?" While there is little if any doubt that we all could do without cancer, it also seems that it can cause people rise to an occasion that they might not normally do. I'm guess that before cancer, people were not stopping over with dinners all of the time. I think that something as seemingly simple as bringing dinner over means so much because often when one is going through cancer, they last thing on their minds is cooking dinner. It's also a relatively easy thing to do for someone too.

I will admit though that I was somewhat surprised of the number of people who found nothing good/positive at all from their experience. We all experience things in our own way. I'm glad you are able to see that "Something Good always comes out of bad things."
    -phil
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I agree
    That's a wonderful philosophy on life.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Braelee,

I'm so glad you have so many loving and supportive people around you. :)
    I too have been blessed. As hard as it is, it's so nice to be able to see blessings within difficult situations.

Take care & God bless,
    Lisa
  • WhatsA_Mom2Do
    WhatsA_Mom2Do Member Posts: 46
    Options
    So wonderful to count our blessings...
    Braelee,

What a wonderful reminder that this thing called "cancer" is not ALL bad! Thanks for refocusing my thoughts at a time I'm feeling pretty low.

All the best to you and yours,

Dee
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    So good
    It is so good that you can see the blessings and what blessings they are! You are obviously a very loved lady.

**** spoke in church the week before his clean scan and shared that the past 22 months have been very hard but filled with unbelievable blessings as well. I don't wish cancer on anyone but it is good to see how wonderful people are.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

So good
    It is so good that you can see the blessings and what blessings they are! You are obviously a very loved lady.

**** spoke in church the week before his clean scan and shared that the past 22 months have been very hard but filled with unbelievable blessings as well. I don't wish cancer on anyone but it is good to see how wonderful people are.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

I agree with Phil ,
    People can surprise us with the worst but also with the best!.
    Congrats to be surrounded of such a wonderful people!
    Hugs.