Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

This has already been said more than once
    But Lesley has not really left you. She is in Heaven now, praying for you and the family you created and for all of those who have reached out to the two of you. She is in the happy memories which will stay with you until the day when the two of you are together again. She is in the eyes of your children, and in all the great and funny and annoying and charming and loving things they do... and even if it's only for a moment, you will look at one or another of them and see your beloved Lesley in him or her. I predict that this feeling will only grow and become more comforting as they grow into young women (I know your girls are already there) and young men. I know it would be far better for all if Lesley could be by your side, in the flesh, to share all of this with you. But please believe me when I tell you that Lesley *is* still always with you. And she always will be. As will we all, Thomas, in our thoughts and prayers for you and your family... your family here in the States and your family already in Heaven.

God Bless,
    Joe and Moopy

I hope that with each day
    I hope that with each day your pain of your wife's loss will lessen. Please think of all of the good times and know that she is finally out of pain, and, with God.

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Kylez said:

I hope that with each day
    I hope that with each day your pain of your wife's loss will lessen. Please think of all of the good times and know that she is finally out of pain, and, with God.

Praying for you,

Kylez

Keeping you and your family
    in my prayers. I can't even imagine your loss. Hold those wonderful children tight and know God holds your precious Lesley the same way!
    much love,
    Jenny
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Thomas
    my heart goes out to you. The grieving process can be a long one. You watched the most important person in your life slip away. But, remember your children are depending on you for support too. I know it's difficult but you will get to a better place. You won't forget but it will get easier to cope. I don't pretend to know how you feel but I can empathize as I lost my 1st husband after 2 years of marriage. He was only 23 years old.......
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Thomas
    my heart goes out to you. The grieving process can be a long one. You watched the most important person in your life slip away. But, remember your children are depending on you for support too. I know it's difficult but you will get to a better place. You won't forget but it will get easier to cope. I don't pretend to know how you feel but I can empathize as I lost my 1st husband after 2 years of marriage. He was only 23 years old.......
    {{hugs}} Char

I am sure there is nothing I
    I am sure there is nothing I can say to help ease your pain at this very sad time, but, just know that I am praying for you and your children.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Noel said:

I am sure there is nothing I
    I am sure there is nothing I can say to help ease your pain at this very sad time, but, just know that I am praying for you and your children.

one whole year of ANYTHING being NORMAL
    at least one year..... After losing my 21 year old brother to cancer I found out that it takes at least one year for your body and brain to adjust to the loss. Anything you do, feel, say is acceptable no matter how it comes out. Just allow yourself to do what you have to do. I also feel your body must cry a certain number of tears before it can heal.
    Just my philosophy. (by the way my parents never did reach that point, they cried every day of their lives over him)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Mama G said:

one whole year of ANYTHING being NORMAL
    at least one year..... After losing my 21 year old brother to cancer I found out that it takes at least one year for your body and brain to adjust to the loss. Anything you do, feel, say is acceptable no matter how it comes out. Just allow yourself to do what you have to do. I also feel your body must cry a certain number of tears before it can heal.
    Just my philosophy. (by the way my parents never did reach that point, they cried every day of their lives over him)

Hoping and praying that you
    Hoping and praying that you and your family are doing better.

Hugs, Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Hoping and praying that you
    Hoping and praying that you and your family are doing better.

Hugs, Angie

Thomas ... How are you and your children doing?
    We are continuing to prayer for all of you!

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thomas ... How are you and your children doing?
    We are continuing to prayer for all of you!

Vicki Sam

Continuing my prayers for
    Continuing my prayers for you too!

Sue :)
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Eloquent Replies
    Unfortunately I have nothing inspired to add to all the other posts. While I have not lost a spouse, so I can't identify with that, I have lost my parents and my in-laws - I was especially close to my mother-in-law and even after 5 years I miss her and think of her so often. I'm sure your children will be a great source of comfort to you and you will be strong for them and I'm also sure that Lesley will be watching over all of you and you will feel her strength.

Hugs, thoughts, and prayers are being sent your way. Sally
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Eloquent Replies
    Unfortunately I have nothing inspired to add to all the other posts. While I have not lost a spouse, so I can't identify with that, I have lost my parents and my in-laws - I was especially close to my mother-in-law and even after 5 years I miss her and think of her so often. I'm sure your children will be a great source of comfort to you and you will be strong for them and I'm also sure that Lesley will be watching over all of you and you will feel her strength.

Sending hugs and prayers to
    Sending hugs and prayers to you Thomas & your family. This is such a sad time for you. I hope that you have found some comfort in my sisters in pink here.

Hugs, Jan
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Eloquent Replies

no words can ease your pain and loss
    curious how the kids are? thats what I worry most about. my 9 yr old :((((