Why did you choose the picture on your profile?

Options
2»

Comments

• What I am fighting for
    I adore my family. They are the reason I am here and they are the reason I will fight everyday to kick cancer's butt and be around to see my grandchildren (maybe even great- grandchildren - sounds good, huh?). I am so blessed with a huge family (parents, 3 sisters, nieces and nephews, in-laws) and I am fighting to be with them all! They give me strength, hope and love!
    Michelle

HA!
    I should look this good. (said with the driest tongue in cheek)

Michelle, excellent explanation...kudos
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

HA!
    I should look this good. (said with the driest tongue in cheek)

Michelle, excellent explanation...kudos

Well I have changed it a few
    Well I have changed it a few times because I like change. After I went to Montauk Light, I fell in love with the area, so this lighthouse goes with my name and Montauk.
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options

i chose mine, because it was
    i chose mine, because it was the last night that i had my hair! plus, it pretty sums up me and my guy :) (we do dumb things) lol

carrie :)

edit*
    changed to this photo because, it's a picture from last summer. pre-cancer carrie. it makes me realize that i was a different person then. this disease has made me a more aware person. i like who i am now. i'm stronger.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Great
    question & interesting answers! I chose the Pink Panther because I've always loved him, he's pink, which goes along with the "Pink" Sister/Brotherhood we have here, and he is breaking out of a shell. I have lived & broke through many different "shells" throughout my life. BC became one of them, but greatfully, because of all of you & my Hubby, I made it through this one!
    ♥ Always Cat
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Great
    question & interesting answers! I chose the Pink Panther because I've always loved him, he's pink, which goes along with the "Pink" Sister/Brotherhood we have here, and he is breaking out of a shell. I have lived & broke through many different "shells" throughout my life. BC became one of them, but greatfully, because of all of you & my Hubby, I made it through this one!
    ♥ Always Cat

My Dearest Friend~
    Well, one of them. I am blessed to say I have a handful of "dearests".....and many good friends. It was a moment when she rode her harley to my house and I just had to "hop on" and snap a photo!!
    Melanie
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've changed mine a few
    I've changed mine a few times, this one is for the month of October - Awareness! Its my step mom holding the sign they walked with in colorado :)

Love the support, the pic made me cry!!!! A good cry not the bad ones :)))))
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

I've changed mine a few
    I've changed mine a few times, this one is for the month of October - Awareness! Its my step mom holding the sign they walked with in colorado :)

Love the support, the pic made me cry!!!! A good cry not the bad ones :)))))

because
    I chose mine because it was after my hair started growing and had a wonderful picture day with the most important little man in my life.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I chose my daughter as my
    I chose my daughter as my profile pic. She is my Bella Luna!
    BL
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    heidijez said:

because everyone looks so
    because everyone looks so pretty in their photos and i look like an alien from space!! (please come back eyebrows, eyelashes, and most of all hair on my head!!!)

and a dear friend, also a bc survivor, at her relay for life purchased a luminaria in my honor. i was so touched by her thoughtfulness, and seeing it every time i post on this site reminds me that there is hope and that i am loved. that's why.

Heid you forget
    you are amongst aliens. This is a place where you can let your
    hair down.

But you got one thing right. You ARE loved.

Ayse
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Katie-Bar-the-Door!
    Because my Bulldog, Katie, is my muse, my comic relief, & the inspiration for my screen name.

The rest of my animal crew do a lot to cheer me as well, but I can't fit all of them into one shot & hubby told me if I post any more pics of him online he'll divorce me. LOL
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    aysemari said:

Heid you forget
    you are amongst aliens. This is a place where you can let your
    hair down.

But you got one thing right. You ARE loved.

Ayse

ayse, you make me smile. if
    ayse, you make me smile. if only i had hair to let down. . .sigh
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

I Love Football
    This picture was taken at Ravens Stadium in Baltimore during ladies night a few weeks ago. My youngest son's fiance, Karlie, and I went & had a great time. The picture was taken under the goal post where they have displayed the pink ribbon for the month of October. TaTa for now! Jean

My new picture
    My new picture is me and my wonderful husband taken last night at a neighbors Halloween party. We had such a great time with great friends. Hugs, Jean
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

My new picture
    My new picture is me and my wonderful husband taken last night at a neighbors Halloween party. We had such a great time with great friends. Hugs, Jean

not seeing a new picture, jean!
    of course as soon as i posted, your new photo showed up! looks like fun!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Fun Question; Interesting Answers
    Me, I chose this pic because A)I have hair, and B)I'm on the Golden Gate Bridge. Two things I thought I might never experience again.

However, I'd love to be in Dawne.Hope's pic. I want to move to the Carribbean! Oh, and hug that cutie Jazz, meet Katie the comic bulldog...

Thanks for starting this thread, Ayse!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Rague said:

Don't know how
    IF I knew how to post a picture - it would be of the real Rague - my ApHC mare.

Susan

Im with on that Susan. I
    Im with on that Susan. I can't do it either. My son's visiting. Maybe he can help me. lol
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    choice of photo
    It was taken on a short vacation with my daughter and her college friends in RI just before Labor Day. It was so relaxing and fun that I picked the photo most associated with that happy trip.
    Hugs,K
  • iowasignterp
    iowasignterp Member Posts: 55
    Options
    my photo makes me laugh
    This photo is my favorite souvenir from my first time around with breast cancer. I had the boys draw on my bald head. Did it just in time, too. Hair started growing back within 2 weeks of this shot. I always chuckle and thought that most of the other cancer survivors would enjoy this photo as well. my husband just thinks it is embarrassing. too bad for him.
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Christmas
    This was snapped on Christmas day, almost 3 months after I completed treatments . What day is happier?

I love hearing your explanations.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    crselby said:

Christmas
    This was snapped on Christmas day, almost 3 months after I completed treatments . What day is happier?

I love hearing your explanations.

my best friend
    my picture is of my best friend and my only cute baby grant!

teresa
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Happy
    I chose my pic, because my (2) best friends(they were cropped) & I are on top of the Empire State Building having a blast. We went to NYC to celebrate turning 40 & it was such a fun trip.