Options
2»

Comments

• adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sorry
    Kristyn,
    Sorry they're jerking you around with the days and dates. I can totally relate. So happy that tomorrow IS your last. Way to go. You know, it is ok to raise a little hell when you get jerked around. It might keep them from doing it to the next person. Some up in the face drama might be just what is needed.

Bob
  • KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options

Sorry
    Kristyn,
    Sorry they're jerking you around with the days and dates. I can totally relate. So happy that tomorrow IS your last. Way to go. You know, it is ok to raise a little hell when you get jerked around. It might keep them from doing it to the next person. Some up in the face drama might be just what is needed.

Bob

Thank you all for being my
    Thank you all for being my little cheerleaders. Monday was finally my last day! They gave me my mask and I think I'll sit it on my porch for Halloween haha. I wish relief was immediate, but I know it will be about a month before I get even half way back to normal. I am just so ready to eat food, and CHUG some water!! I hate just sipping I want to GULP it down!! mmmm Thank all of you again! HUGS!!
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

Thank you all for being my little cheerleaders. Monday was finally my last day! They gave me my mask and I think I'll sit it on my porch for Halloween haha. I wish relief was immediate, but I know it will be about a month before I get even half way back to normal. I am just so ready to eat food, and CHUG some water!! I hate just sipping I want to GULP it down!! mmmm Thank all of you again! HUGS!!

Wonderful News
    Hi KristynRuth,
    I am so happy to hear that you made it through. Now is your time to relax and recover. I wish you a speedy and healthy return to your life. Love your idea about the mask. Enjoy your young family today and always..
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    forme said:

Wonderful News
    Hi KristynRuth,
    I am so happy to hear that you made it through. Now is your time to relax and recover. I wish you a speedy and healthy return to your life. Love your idea about the mask. Enjoy your young family today and always..
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

I am so glad treatment is
    I am so glad treatment is over! Rest and recuperate!
    Stacey
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options

On to the Recovery Phase
    Hope it's speedy and boring. I regained the ability to eat and taste pretty quickly - hope you do, too.
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587
    Options
    Pam M said:

On to the Recovery Phase
    Hope it's speedy and boring. I regained the ability to eat and taste pretty quickly - hope you do, too.

Healing
    Hi Kristyn,

Hoping for a quick, quite and complete recovery.

Best,
    Steve
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

GOOD 4 YOU
    I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT.

CONGRATS

MIKE
  • Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options

GOOD 4 YOU
    I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT.

CONGRATS

MIKE

Congrats!!!
    Hey, Congrats on the the end of treatment; the roller coaster is all most over!! :)

Charles
  • GraceLibby
    GraceLibby Member Posts: 88
    Options

Woo-Hoo!
    When you are ready, do a little dance 'cause you made it through! Great job! Your next job is to take it easy and heal. I can totally relate to being ready to eat normal food again. Three more treatments for me!
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options

End of Treatments
    Hi, KristynRuth. Congrats on finishing your radiation treatments. It is indeed a great feeling to be done, isn't it. Mine finished just 8 weeks ago and on my last treatment, I held my mask over my head and proclaimed rather loudly to the people in the waiting area "I have slain the beast". Well, I certainly hope that is true in your case and in mine. Good luck and prayers on your recovery. I am enjoying food (and beer) again and I wish you the best.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Its Over
    You are now one of us, a survivor, happy Halloween and enjoy the rest of your life
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Hondo said:

Its Over
    You are now one of us, a survivor, happy Halloween and enjoy the rest of your life

Krystyn
    All my best & wishing you a speedy recovery! I totally forgot about the mask! Hubby hid it in the garage or maybe took it to the dump! If not I might just spray paint it orange & hang it on the door lol!
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Finito!!!
    Kristyn, yes it is so good to be finally finished, congrats for making it through. Hope your recovery is swift and smooth. Cheers

Jimbo
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options

!!!
    Congratulations Kristyn. So happy to hear that news. Good job.

Bob
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Finito!!!
    Kristyn, yes it is so good to be finally finished, congrats for making it through. Hope your recovery is swift and smooth. Cheers

Jimbo

Day 5
    You are now on day 5 of freedom - NO MORE RADS!!! Hope each day is getting easier for you and you have an event free recovery.

Glenna
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Day 5
    You are now on day 5 of freedom - NO MORE RADS!!! Hope each day is getting easier for you and you have an event free recovery.

Glenna

Glad youre not getting
    Glad youre not getting zapped anymore. Let the healing begin!
  • KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options

Glad youre not getting
    Glad youre not getting zapped anymore. Let the healing begin!

All of y'all are so amazing!
    All of y'all are so amazing! Thanks for all the well wishes! @Glenna yep today is day 5 of recovery already! I have to say I have not noticed any improvement yet though lol!!! I'm SOOO ready to stop coughing up phlegm, it's so irritating and disgusting! Woo hoo to all of us survivors, and to all of the soon-to-be survivors!!
  • miccmill
    miccmill Member Posts: 248
    Options

All of y'all are so amazing! Thanks for all the well wishes! @Glenna yep today is day 5 of recovery already! I have to say I have not noticed any improvement yet though lol!!! I'm SOOO ready to stop coughing up phlegm, it's so irritating and disgusting! Woo hoo to all of us survivors, and to all of the soon-to-be survivors!!

Happy
    for you! The zappage is over.

Glenn is 14 weeks out and I can hardly believe the time has passed. So many improvements and an NED Pet Scan so far.

Here's hoping everything improves quickly for you.

Lisa
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options

I am glad you are done
    I hope you start feeling better soon. I know it takes time, but rememeber it will happen.

Kathy