Options
2»

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    patricke said:

CONGRATS
    Congratulations Sweet, that's great news! Enjoy the ride of eating whatever you want, and feeling good about gaining weight. Keep it up.

PATRICK

Patrick, I still can't
    Patrick, I still can't swallow whatever I want, but I am trying. :)

Denny, it's amazing what being in less pain, and eating something normal can do for a person's body, soul, and psyche. :) I had nowhere to go but up when I found this site. Just taking a looong time.
  • kimmygarland
    kimmygarland Member Posts: 312
    Options

Patrick, I still can't

Denny, it's amazing what being in less pain, and eating something normal can do for a person's body, soul, and psyche. :) I had nowhere to go but up when I found this site. Just taking a looong time.

Great News!
    I thought it was about a radio station when I saw the title, so I fell for it!

So happy you are gaining without the tube.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Patrick, I still can't

Hi Sweet

I talked to Chef Daddy Mike last night and he has gained 15lbs, his body is really doing a turnaround
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet

I talked to Chef Daddy Mike last night and he has gained 15lbs, his body is really doing a turnaround

Hondo
    That's awesome to hear about Mike. I called him last week and it just rang, no voice mail. Will try again this week. I know when last we spoke he was working some. That's really good news. Thanks for letting me know.
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Hondo
    That's awesome to hear about Mike. I called him last week and it just rang, no voice mail. Will try again this week. I know when last we spoke he was working some. That's really good news. Thanks for letting me know.

I I Want Some!!!
    Congrats!!!!, I wish I could, I started out real good, and went back to 148 lbs...Here I am eating Sonic RootBeer Floats and ex long chili dogs...NOTHING...And Please no more Ensure Gross my stomach out!...LOL Dennis
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    dennis318 said:

I I Want Some!!!
    Congrats!!!!, I wish I could, I started out real good, and went back to 148 lbs...Here I am eating Sonic RootBeer Floats and ex long chili dogs...NOTHING...And Please no more Ensure Gross my stomach out!...LOL Dennis

Ensure - ugh
    I'm on a scrambled eggs (with cheese) grits (with cheeses) and VERY crispy bacon broken up into small pieces...mix it all up, top with butter and I have gained 7 lbs. Seems to go down easier.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Greend said:

Ensure - ugh
    I'm on a scrambled eggs (with cheese) grits (with cheeses) and VERY crispy bacon broken up into small pieces...mix it all up, top with butter and I have gained 7 lbs. Seems to go down easier.

Wow Dennis you can eat chili
    Wow Dennis you can eat chili dogs? I used to love grits with tons of butter and cheese. I tried it last month and it still feels like gravel and tastes like salty wall paper paste. I should try scrambled eggs again. Last three weeks I've been on an eggs benedict kick. Probably 500 cals a brunch.

I just had tea and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I'm hungry again.

I am happy my appetite is returning. And Nizzy is laying on my belly, passed out cold. I'm holding him and it feels nice to be able to do that again after 18 months. Could not hold him like this with that tube in my belly.

Today was another good day.
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    DO THE HAPPY DANCE GIRL
    As long as the weight continues to go up. I really like the radio analogy.

Here's to being addicted to calories.

Best!!

Mike
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Wow Dennis you can eat chili
    Wow Dennis you can eat chili dogs? I used to love grits with tons of butter and cheese. I tried it last month and it still feels like gravel and tastes like salty wall paper paste. I should try scrambled eggs again. Last three weeks I've been on an eggs benedict kick. Probably 500 cals a brunch.

I just had tea and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I'm hungry again.

I am happy my appetite is returning. And Nizzy is laying on my belly, passed out cold. I'm holding him and it feels nice to be able to do that again after 18 months. Could not hold him like this with that tube in my belly.

Today was another good day.

it goes threw stages
    I can eat this for a week or so and lose total happines for it, and have to find something else. The hardest part for me is still the personal demon i carry, i can be fine, and have not a worry, and suddenly deflate and not want to continue, this makes me feel like total crap, is it a mood swing, cancer thing, mid life crisis, why does this happen. the chili thing, with the mustard and cheese is wierd, I can taste everything plus there hotdogs, but it has to come from the sonics...lol, no onions please, and I only have a half of burper, because of my paraylzed larnyx, today is a good day Sweet, but why does the switch flick on and off mentally??
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    dennis318 said:

it goes threw stages
    I can eat this for a week or so and lose total happines for it, and have to find something else. The hardest part for me is still the personal demon i carry, i can be fine, and have not a worry, and suddenly deflate and not want to continue, this makes me feel like total crap, is it a mood swing, cancer thing, mid life crisis, why does this happen. the chili thing, with the mustard and cheese is wierd, I can taste everything plus there hotdogs, but it has to come from the sonics...lol, no onions please, and I only have a half of burper, because of my paraylzed larnyx, today is a good day Sweet, but why does the switch flick on and off mentally??

Yeah, sometimes I can eat
    Yeah, sometimes I can eat something one day, and not the next. I used to love chili and chilidogs but too spicy and salty right now.

I don't know why the switch gets triggered. Sometimes it's easy to say why you are having a good day or bad day. Ex: pain, not swallowing = bad day. Eating, and less pain = good day. Somedays it's not that easy. It's hard when people say, "You should be happy, you are still alive. " but maybe they don't understand what it's like to go through. I mean when you think about it, we've all really been through traumatic stuff. We get cut open, disfigured, told we have something that can kill us. Then they "treat" you by cooking you, and or putting poison chemicals in you. And for me, that is just what happened to me in the last couple years. Never mind the stuff I've lived thru before this (like others too have had) cheating spouse, divorce, death of sibling, death of young family members, losing everything in a fire, I could go on, but won't. Sometimes things can wear you down. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and sometimes I think we need to cut ourselves some slack. I think it can be hard because we also worry if we have beaten this monster everyday. I always try to remember when I get into my dunks, there is always someone who is in more pain, has had more loss, and Is fighting more demons. I try and count my blessings every day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I pray everyday. I have had an anxiety disorder and have suffered thru depression for years. This ordeal required an adjustment to my lexapro which when I finally was prescribed that back in 2006 was a literal life saver fo me.

Dennis, I don't have all the answers, and I wish I did. I don't even have solutions. I just know I get up each day, and plug away, greatful for the support of many friends, and hopeful that each day I can do at least one positive thing for someone else. Sometimes when we focus on what we can give to others we get more in return than focusing on what we can do for ourselves.

So now that I've babbled on, I decided I need some ice cream.
    Hang in there Dennis. We will get through. Day by day through good and bad days. I figure He must have some thing more in store for us since we are all still here and kickin'.

Hugs to all,

Sweet
  • Greend
    Options
    dennis318 said:

it goes threw stages

Dennis it will get better
    I think what helped me was I actually got mad when told I had cancer First thing I did was get my head shaved bacause I wasn't going to let "those damned chemicals" beat me (ironic that chemo never did take my hair but rads destroyed my beard). Of course I had days if depression, feeling sorry for myself etc. But then I'd go into the cancer center and see the same people day after day and realized how many of them really were worse off than me. I had two insurances, I got my meds, I had job coverage and I had custody of my two sons...I found myself trying to help cheer them up. Recently my 82 year old mother had to undergo chemo and I found myself back with the same Dr at the same clinic and caught myself walking around visiting with the patients in the chairs...showing them that you can survive. Your "new normal" takes getting used to and it will happen. Hang in there bacause you have just survived a terrible battle and won.

As we say in Alabama "Ya Dun Good"
  • Greend
    Options
    Greend said:

Dennis it will get better
    I think what helped me was I actually got mad when told I had cancer First thing I did was get my head shaved bacause I wasn't going to let "those damned chemicals" beat me (ironic that chemo never did take my hair but rads destroyed my beard). Of course I had days if depression, feeling sorry for myself etc. But then I'd go into the cancer center and see the same people day after day and realized how many of them really were worse off than me. I had two insurances, I got my meds, I had job coverage and I had custody of my two sons...I found myself trying to help cheer them up. Recently my 82 year old mother had to undergo chemo and I found myself back with the same Dr at the same clinic and caught myself walking around visiting with the patients in the chairs...showing them that you can survive. Your "new normal" takes getting used to and it will happen. Hang in there bacause you have just survived a terrible battle and won.

As we say in Alabama "Ya Dun Good"

PS
    I still, after 13 years, can't eat chili :>(