CT bc survivors - Roseann, Cindy (Grandma X3), Sher43009 and Wendybia

Options

Comments

• Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Meeting
    New Haven will work for me. Let me know what date will work for everyone. I do work so weekend is better for me. I had my Pet-Scan on Sat. waiting for the results. Hopefully tomorrow. Stressed out! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Cindy
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I'm finally feeling
    somewhat revived. Last week was tough after chemo #4. I started to sleep sitting up in a chair by Thursday night. Slept most of the weekend. My daughter is in grad school and is doing a 2 week internship so grandma has been bringing the 4 yr old and 2 yr old to preschool Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm drained but definitely feeling better than last week. It starts all over again when my girls are back at my house Sunday night. I'll be done chauffering in time to clean my house before next chemo. My daughter-in-law is due any day with our 6th grandchild (it's a girl). Hoping that I feel well enough to visit (Auburn, MA) when she comes.

New Haven works for me. Wendy, I'll check out Belini's but I'm sure it would be a great place to meet. We have a Belini's in Evergreen Walk in South Windsor. I wonder if it's the same chain???? Good food. I'll check back soon and will continue to bump us forward. I'm hoping early December will work for us to meet.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Bumping us up
    since the virus attack on old posts really put us back.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Just
    bumping us up.......
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Just
    bumping us up!
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Meeting
    Sounds good to me by the way pet scan was good! Good luck to everyone.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Meeting

Do you have a date yet?
    I would love to meet you ladies. New Haven is very close for me but I'll go just about anywhere in the state.

Roseann
  • cahjah75
    Options

Meeting

Cindy
    glad the PET scan was good.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Do you have a date yet?
    I would love to meet you ladies. New Haven is very close for me but I'll go just about anywhere in the state.

Roseann

Roseann
    no date yet. Tentatively, early December before the weather gets bad. I have my 6th chemo Nov 23 just before Thanksgiving. I will continue to bump our posts up so it doesn't get lost.
    Char
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Cindy
    glad the PET scan was good.
    Char

CT Ladies
    I don't live in Ct. but just had to say you ladies are so lucky to have the chance to meet up. I live in the Boston area. Just had to mention that my sister lived in Oakdale for many years. She has since moved to Florida. Her in-laws lived in Colchester but have moved to Las Vegas. I hope you have a wonderful time. Nancy
  • cahjah75
    Options

CT Ladies
    I don't live in Ct. but just had to say you ladies are so lucky to have the chance to meet up. I live in the Boston area. Just had to mention that my sister lived in Oakdale for many years. She has since moved to Florida. Her in-laws lived in Colchester but have moved to Las Vegas. I hope you have a wonderful time. Nancy

Thanks Nancy
    wish you lived closer so you could join us. We're hoping to meet in early December. I had chemo #5 today and the last one is 2 days before Thanksgiving! Yah!
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Just
    another bump!
    Char
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Just
    another bump!
    Char

stoppin in'
    to say hi....hope your treatment is as good as it can be......keep me poste with meeting up...wendy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Thanks Nancy
    wish you lived closer so you could join us. We're hoping to meet in early December. I had chemo #5 today and the last one is 2 days before Thanksgiving! Yah!
    Char

Be sure and let all of us
    Be sure and let all of us know when you meet and take LOTS of pictures for us to see.

Hugs, Leeza
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    wendybia said:

stoppin in'
    to say hi....hope your treatment is as good as it can be......keep me poste with meeting up...wendy

Nancy, how about taking the train?
    Amtrak has a train that goes from Boston to New Haven. I could pick her up.

Roseann
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Nancy, how about taking the train?
    Amtrak has a train that goes from Boston to New Haven. I could pick her up.

Roseann

Great Idea
    That would be cool. Since CT is so small, we should open it up to all in the area. More the merrier!. Nancy, if you would rather drive, I live in Colchester, you can come here and I'll drive to restaurant.

Sher
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

Great Idea
    That would be cool. Since CT is so small, we should open it up to all in the area. More the merrier!. Nancy, if you would rather drive, I live in Colchester, you can come here and I'll drive to restaurant.

Sher

Nancy
    if you would like to join us that would be great. I started this going and didn' dream I would be sooooooooo tired that I haven't been on my computer in days. The chemo fatigue is definitely cummulative! I found out my granddaughter is going to be baptized Dec. 4. My sister's bday is Dec 11 but I don't want to push things to Dec 18 unless it works for everyone. Let me know what you think. I still have to check out the restaurant Wendy suggested.
    Char
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Nancy
    if you would like to join us that would be great. I started this going and didn' dream I would be sooooooooo tired that I haven't been on my computer in days. The chemo fatigue is definitely cummulative! I found out my granddaughter is going to be baptized Dec. 4. My sister's bday is Dec 11 but I don't want to push things to Dec 18 unless it works for everyone. Let me know what you think. I still have to check out the restaurant Wendy suggested.
    Char

Maybe we should move it to
    Maybe we should move it to Jan? You'll be feeling better by then and enjoy it more. I'm also booked for the 4th and 11th.
    Sher
  • cahjah75
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

Maybe we should move it to
    Maybe we should move it to Jan? You'll be feeling better by then and enjoy it more. I'm also booked for the 4th and 11th.
    Sher

Sher
    I'm thinking January might be better too. Before the holidays is so busy and I should be feeling better in January. My only concern was the weather but you never know when it's going to snow. So, if everyone agrees we'll move it to January.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    Options
    just
    bumping us up!