Devastating news about my mom

Options
2»

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    ggggrrrrrr....!!!!!
    It is so heart breaking that some people have to go through so much! Try to get into positive thinking for your mom. Miracles happen everyday, I will pray for one for your mother. Again, I am so sorry the news wasn't so good. Blessings to you....Alison
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Oh Lupe...
    my heart goes out to you. Just when you were in the clear, cancer
    reenters your life. NO it does not seem fair.

I sure hope the treatment won't be too hard on you mom and
    that they caught it at an early stage.

Hugs

Ayse
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Dear Lupe,
    Sorry to hear the news about your Mom. Sending prayers her way. Keep us posted on how she is doing. Hugs, Jean
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Lupe, so sorry
    Try to stay strong for her, Lupe. She'll need that strenght to endure this. I know it's hard for you. We'll all be thinking of you and feel our prayers surround you.
    Hugs.
    Annette
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Oh Lupe,
    I am so sorry to hear this about your Mom. You have been through so much now this. Your Mom is still young. And even though she is very small she to is a warrior. That is were you get it from.. You and your Mom are in my prayers and thoughts always. Love Kay
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    pscheer said:

So sorry to hear about your
    So sorry to hear about your mom! It never ceases to amaze me at how cruel life can be. I send you a huge hug of thoughts of support for you and your mom.

I am so sorry Lupe about
    I am so sorry Lupe about your Mother. Sending prayers!

Hugs, Debby
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    pscheer said:

So sorry to hear about your
    So sorry to hear about your mom! It never ceases to amaze me at how cruel life can be. I send you a huge hug of thoughts of support for you and your mom.

I am so sorry Lupe about
    I am so sorry Lupe about your Mother. Sending prayers!

Hugs, Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Keep the Faith
    Look at how many of us are sending, thoughts, prayers and positive vibes out to you and your mother. Stay hopeful and strong.

Hugs, Sally

I am so sorry Lupe. Sending
    I am so sorry Lupe. Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts for your family.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

((((((((hugs))))))) to you
    ((((((((hugs))))))) to you and your mom, Lupe! Of course it isn't fair, none of this is fair for any of us. I send you all positive thoughts and healing energy that the subsequent treatment for your mom will be without any major side-effects, and that she bounces back in record time!

Hugs,
    Chen&hearst;

This isn't fair Lupe. I am
    This isn't fair Lupe. I am so sorry. Praying for your Mother!

Hugs, Jan
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So, So Sorry Lupe
    I understand how hard that is. My father was diagnosed in March with stage 4 terminal Esophageal cancer. He's only 69 and it was so out of the blue. We are all devastated and in disbelief as well. My father has never been sick in his life. And he's always been a very athletic, strong man. SInce his diagnoses I've had to watch him go from that to a frail old man. It's so hard.

You're right...life is unfair. No one ever said it wouldn't be. Including God. BUT, things will be righted in HIS time. You must keep the faith and believe!!

I'll be praying for you.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Lupe
    what devastating news for both of you. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    No matter what cancer folks
    No matter what cancer folks get...It sucks. So your mom is having to endure yet another battle. If shes as strong as her daughter seems to be, I'm sure she will fight it.
    Hows her heart doing since the surgeries? Prayers heading to both of you. Katz
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Katz77 said:

No matter what cancer folks
    No matter what cancer folks get...It sucks. So your mom is having to endure yet another battle. If shes as strong as her daughter seems to be, I'm sure she will fight it.
    Hows her heart doing since the surgeries? Prayers heading to both of you. Katz

sending positive thoughts and prayers
    To your mom and your family. I do not know too much about her type of cancer, however my husband's aunt who is 68 was diagnosed two years ago with similar cancer, underwent chemo and doing ok. She was able to travel internationally this year and has been helping with two small grandchildren.
    as for weight all Chemo drugs are calculated based on weight of the patient She should be given lower dose than person who is 150.
    hugs
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options

sending positive thoughts and prayers
    To your mom and your family. I do not know too much about her type of cancer, however my husband's aunt who is 68 was diagnosed two years ago with similar cancer, underwent chemo and doing ok. She was able to travel internationally this year and has been helping with two small grandchildren.
    as for weight all Chemo drugs are calculated based on weight of the patient She should be given lower dose than person who is 150.
    hugs

Thank you all my sisters.

UPdate: My mom met with my oncologist, so far all reports seem all of the cancer has been taken out, the tumor plus part of her stomach. But he will still run some test, Petscan and blood work to make sure. Once petscan comes back ok, her treatment plan will be in form of a pill (not sure which one) for a year. So all looks pretty good so far. I love you all so much.

Lupe
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

UPdate: My mom met with my oncologist, so far all reports seem all of the cancer has been taken out, the tumor plus part of her stomach. But he will still run some test, Petscan and blood work to make sure. Once petscan comes back ok, her treatment plan will be in form of a pill (not sure which one) for a year. So all looks pretty good so far. I love you all so much.

Lupe

Thank you for the update, I
    Thank you for the update, I was wondering how things were going. praying for a clear PET!!!