Oops, this whole week sucked!!

Options

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Girl, I am so sorry!
    I'm praying you have a better week coming up. It does SUCK to have to contend with digestive problems, especially the big bad D!! I have to confess, I carry an extra pair of undies in the glove compartment.

Ashton is just so beautiful!!! More so than Demi.

A big huge hug for you friend.

Sylvia
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Ask for different nausea
    Ask for different nausea drugs, there are so many. At least something to keep you from barfing (I feel sick all the time but no vomiting). The big D tyr imodium. I had to take a lot, but on the 3rd day got relief. As for the neulasta shot, after I had unbearable pain after my first shot, my onc. suggested trying 1/2 of the shot. The pain was much more managable (most of the time I don't take anything) and my white cells still go up and over what they need to be. There was a paper written on this, so ask your onc. As for Demi, neither like nor dislike her, but MAN is that Ashton Kutcher a hottie!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

Ask for different nausea
    Ask for different nausea drugs, there are so many. At least something to keep you from barfing (I feel sick all the time but no vomiting). The big D tyr imodium. I had to take a lot, but on the 3rd day got relief. As for the neulasta shot, after I had unbearable pain after my first shot, my onc. suggested trying 1/2 of the shot. The pain was much more managable (most of the time I don't take anything) and my white cells still go up and over what they need to be. There was a paper written on this, so ask your onc. As for Demi, neither like nor dislike her, but MAN is that Ashton Kutcher a hottie!

I'm so glad I read the whole post!
    I started reading and it was sooo sad, I felt horrible for you, but then you turned it into such a funny story. PLEASE feel better tomorrow! I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Life is soooo not fair!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    So sorry
    Meena - so sorry to hear about your awful week; hope it gets better soon! At least you didn't get the People magazine with my wacked-out ex-neighbor on the front cover!! ha-ha.
    Linda
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Meena, So sorry to hear
    Meena, So sorry to hear about your rough week . . . thanks for sharing, though - there's a saying . . . "A sorrow shared is a sorrow divided. A joy shared is a joy multiplied." Anonymous . . . may your pain (like sorrows) be divided by knowing how much all of us care about you. Your outlook is so encouraging - you are a beautiful person!

Sending big caring hugs . . .

♥ Lynn ♥
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    MNLynn said:

Meena, So sorry to hear
    Meena, So sorry to hear about your rough week . . . thanks for sharing, though - there's a saying . . . "A sorrow shared is a sorrow divided. A joy shared is a joy multiplied." Anonymous . . . may your pain (like sorrows) be divided by knowing how much all of us care about you. Your outlook is so encouraging - you are a beautiful person!

♥ Lynn ♥

feeling better tonight.
    feeling better tonight. busy crocheting, had a great dinner. still hungry! Thank you for all your wonderful comments, I love you all too
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    MNLynn said:

Meena, So sorry to hear

♥ Lynn ♥

meena
    Sorry to hear you're having all of the side effects, that's CRAPPY! I did that week before last, then stepped on the scale at my appointment last week only to find I gained 2 1/2 pounds! HOW CAN THAT BE?

I always try to think that as long as these treatments are working, it makes the side effects worth while. Hope it gets better soon! Best wishes.

Marsha
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

meena
    Sorry to hear you're having all of the side effects, that's CRAPPY! I did that week before last, then stepped on the scale at my appointment last week only to find I gained 2 1/2 pounds! HOW CAN THAT BE?

I always try to think that as long as these treatments are working, it makes the side effects worth while. Hope it gets better soon! Best wishes.

Marsha

Sending prayers Meena that
    Sending prayers Meena that this chemo will turn around for you and not be so bad.

I admire you so much! You are a true warrior and so loved on here!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    meena1 said:

feeling better tonight.
    feeling better tonight. busy crocheting, had a great dinner. still hungry! Thank you for all your wonderful comments, I love you all too

Happy yu are feeling a
    Happy yu are feeling a little better. Emend coupled with Kytril took care of the nausea for me. Wish I could make it all better for you. You have the focus to read about Demi and Ashton, now that's not bad for a gal going thru chemo. My chemo brain still gets in my way at times or maybe its just old age for me. Now please fill us in on all the dirt! I do know that Jennifer Anniston is dating that young singer again, Brad and Angelina are still fighting, Cameron Diaz and A-Rod are officially a couple, and Dancing With The Star=s has The Situation this year. Can you top this dirt? ;0)

Hugs and lots of prayers being cyber delivered to PA.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Sending prayers Meena that
    Sending prayers Meena that this chemo will turn around for you and not be so bad.

I admire you so much! You are a true warrior and so loved on here!

Meena .. This is the same crappy combo I endured
    for 18 weeks .. consectively... It was so invasive and hard on me, and I prayed that I was the only Warrior out there experiencing such difficulties and side efforts. What I found that helped me, as again this changes from day to day .. red meat, and potatoes lots of butter and salt, soups. Whole milk (taste like water) and cherrios or rice cereal. Lots of water or water like drinks, and herbal teas.

Movement some days was difficult, memory out the window so reading was difficult that is unless it was 'Star' or People... Movement is important .. walking in the house, or across your yard.

Throwing up and constipation both side efforts that I will never forget.... I allowed myself 1 hour of rest after each voitming session, then I began hydrating, resting and movement.

I prayer that your personal Angel covers you with strength, healing and love from our Father above.

Strength, Courage, and Love.

Vicki Sam
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Lousy treatment. It better
    Lousy treatment. It better be kicking cancer's butt! Maybe you need to take something other than oxycodone for the headache. Do keep us posted on the doings of Moore-Kutcher. My heart is with you. xoxoxox Lynn
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Meena .. This is the same crappy combo I endured
    for 18 weeks .. consectively... It was so invasive and hard on me, and I prayed that I was the only Warrior out there experiencing such difficulties and side efforts. What I found that helped me, as again this changes from day to day .. red meat, and potatoes lots of butter and salt, soups. Whole milk (taste like water) and cherrios or rice cereal. Lots of water or water like drinks, and herbal teas.

Movement some days was difficult, memory out the window so reading was difficult that is unless it was 'Star' or People... Movement is important .. walking in the house, or across your yard.

Throwing up and constipation both side efforts that I will never forget.... I allowed myself 1 hour of rest after each voitming session, then I began hydrating, resting and movement.

I prayer that your personal Angel covers you with strength, healing and love from our Father above.

Strength, Courage, and Love.

Vicki Sam

Immodium didn't touch my Big D, in fact I wound
    up in the hospital for 4 days for uncontrobable, bloody Big D. My onc prescribed Lomotil and it really worked great! However I didn't get it until just before my 3 rd chemo. I also got something else for a wierd nausea I had, can't remember now but it was EXPENSIVE! They also gave me (among the rest of the anti-nausea pills) Ativan to put under my tongue (said it works faster) every 4 hours. Big benefit there is you will sleep a lot and when you're asleep you don't feel sick. I had Cytoxin/Taxotere and I think Taxotere is a real evil guy that really kicked my butt too.

I am laughing my butt off about Ashton and Demi...what did she think when she married that child? hahahahahaha Can't stand either of them so big smile on my face.

I hope you're feeling better. Definitely talk to your chemo nurses and you onc before your next chemo.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Lousy treatment. It better
    Lousy treatment. It better be kicking cancer's butt! Maybe you need to take something other than oxycodone for the headache. Do keep us posted on the doings of Moore-Kutcher. My heart is with you. xoxoxox Lynn

Oh Meena,
    Sorry you're so under the weather. Now that it's Sunday evening, I'm hoping by now you are feeling some better. Gentle hugs coming your way.

Looks like we're all just devistated with the news of Demi and Ashton. Oh dear, what shall I do. Am not a fan of EITHER one of them. Think I'll sleep because of their love life in tatters tonight???? You betch!!

Feel better, dear!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    survives said:

Oh Meena,
    Sorry you're so under the weather. Now that it's Sunday evening, I'm hoping by now you are feeling some better. Gentle hugs coming your way.

Looks like we're all just devistated with the news of Demi and Ashton. Oh dear, what shall I do. Am not a fan of EITHER one of them. Think I'll sleep because of their love life in tatters tonight???? You betch!!

Feel better, dear!

Meena
    I think of you every day Meena. How much you make me and others feel better and smile!
    I am so sorry you are having these reactions....let's hope these pass soon and you are able to get to Target!!!!!! Take care.
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sorry You're Having Such a Hard Time!
    My heart goes out to you! I hope the docs can figure out a game plan that doesn't include throwing up and the big "D"!! How awful!! But hang in there. Have you tried accupunture at all? It's been studied on cancer patience and is suppose to really help with nausea. Just a thought :)

As for "Star" mag and others...they're one of my favorite forms of entertainment! LOL. TO cuddle up on the couch with a couple (I like People personally), a cup of coffee and a little chocolate treat is HEAVEN to me!! So enjoy:)

As far as Demi...well, not a fan. And I'm not surprised he cheated. The age thing was bound to catch up to her sooner or later!! LOL.

Hope you feel better:) Keep fighting!! :)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    No kidding?
    I'v never liked demi much either, I thought even less of her after she married him. I think he is adorable and it tarnished my "affection" for him. Oh well!LOL I am sorry you are so uncomfortable. I too had a really horrible time with chemo and the shots. It will be over, and it may save your life, so just try to hang in, laugh when you can, and be sure you take good care of yourself. I took a walk everyday, no matter, and I think that helped with the depression.
    Lovingly,
    Alison
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Meena
    I think of you every day Meena. How much you make me and others feel better and smile!
    I am so sorry you are having these reactions....let's hope these pass soon and you are able to get to Target!!!!!! Take care.

Please keep us updated
    Please keep us updated Meena! Praying for you!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

No kidding?
    I'v never liked demi much either, I thought even less of her after she married him. I think he is adorable and it tarnished my "affection" for him. Oh well!LOL I am sorry you are so uncomfortable. I too had a really horrible time with chemo and the shots. It will be over, and it may save your life, so just try to hang in, laugh when you can, and be sure you take good care of yourself. I took a walk everyday, no matter, and I think that helped with the depression.
    Lovingly,
    Alison

Hoping and praying Meena
    Hoping and praying Meena that the chemo will go easier for you. You are an amazing survivor that we all love.

How you doing now? Any better?
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hang in There Meena
    Meena, so sorry to hear the chemo cocktail is making you feel so awful. I was glad to hear you were able to get out for a short while and treat yourself to some fun stuff. Hang in there.
    BL
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Happy yu are feeling a
    Happy yu are feeling a little better. Emend coupled with Kytril took care of the nausea for me. Wish I could make it all better for you. You have the focus to read about Demi and Ashton, now that's not bad for a gal going thru chemo. My chemo brain still gets in my way at times or maybe its just old age for me. Now please fill us in on all the dirt! I do know that Jennifer Anniston is dating that young singer again, Brad and Angelina are still fighting, Cameron Diaz and A-Rod are officially a couple, and Dancing With The Star=s has The Situation this year. Can you top this dirt? ;0)

Hugs and lots of prayers being cyber delivered to PA.

Hoping that you are feeling
    Hoping that you are feeling better Meena. This just isn't fair, not at all.

Keep us updated!

Hugs and prayers,

Kylez