Options
2»

Comments

• PatB01
    PatB01 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    natly15 said:

Hi Pat so happy you found
    Hi Pat so happy you found us. I'm in Orlando but get all my treatment at Moffitt south. Where are you getting treatment? You look like a familiar face and I'm wondering if I saw you at Moffitt?

Sorry back so late
    Nat, But I've been going crazy with To Dos. But to answer your question, I am not going to Moffitt. Too many bad memories - that's where my late husband died, and we spent 1/3 of 1998 there. I am using a Moffitt affilliated Onc in a private facility near Brandon hospital. At least there I don't have to be continually reminded on 1998. But thank you for inquiring. I must have a common looking face!
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Options
    Pat, welcome to this board.
    Pat, welcome to this board. I'm sorry for the reason you're here. Also, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. You seem to be all read up and ready for this treatment. I got a ton or hats/turbans. Can't seem to tie the scarves. Wore my wig for 15 minutes.

After your first chemo (good luck today), you will know better how to prepare for 2nd and alleviate better any side effects. My biggest was nausea, but after the first puke session, knew better and took anti-nausea meds much longer.

I only missed work day of chemo. Day before and day after when I was full of steroids, they made me super-hyper. The guys at work new better and were very nice to me because I told them I was capable of 'roid rage and would probably kill them and get away with it if they po'd me.

I would say that the very worst part of this for me was having to give up my glass of wine in the office after most people left and I was ending my day. People would join me in the office for a glass also. Ain't I lucky to be able to do that? Done with chemo last week so next week I'm getting a new box.

Again welcome and take care.

Cindy
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Hello!
    Hi Pat...like all the women, sorry you must be here, but glad you found us. I too am on the same treatment but I will be adding Tamoxifen for 5 years. I am getting my second treatment today. First one for me went very well, I was scared to death, but the infusion itself was uneventful and the side effects first time around were thankfully minimal. Everyone is very different. I have two small children and work part time. I had a period of about 24 hours 4 days after treatment, when I felt very fatigued and I need to take three anti-nausea meds the first couple days. Bad mouth taste for about 5 days. Overall, very doable. I am also on breastcancer.org boards, they do have some great threads for our treatment type, shopping lists, and people starting chemo at the same time. I joined the August 2010 chemo group. It is nice to connect with people who are at the same stage as you.

Good luck to you! Feel free to contact me!
    Michelle
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I must have missed this post
    I must have missed this post when you first posted it Pat - i just wrote some encouragement for you for your first chemo today - i wanted to tell you that you really seem to have a great attitude and outlook towards all this & that itself is almost half the battle. You have such a pretty smile & happy picture :)
    *again, hugs!*
    Heather
  • BonnieAnn
    BonnieAnn Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Check Out Magnolias Salon at Moffitt Center in Tampa
    Hi Pat I am a lobular breat cancer survivor from Merritt Island FL. I found a need for a comfortable, fashionable solution to hair loss so I designed, patented and trademarked the ABonita Scarf www.abonitascarf.com I sell them online and I also sell them wholesale to cancer boutiques across the country as well as marina stores, hat stores, wig shops, high end fashion boutiques and even biker stores! They are sold at the Magnolias salon at the Moffitt Center in Tampa if you want to check them out and try one on. You can also buy them online at www.abonitascarf.com If you order online please feel free to use my coupon code to get $3.00 off yoru order at checkout.

Even though my hair is grown back (I am a 6 year survivor) my hair is thin and I still love wearing my ABonita Scarf while doing the things I love to do in FL like boating, biking, swimming, going to the gym, a windy day or just a bad hair day! I do biker events and my booth is the busiest one around because the woman love that they are more feminine than a doo-rag and they stay on! I wear mine boating and swimming!
    Good luck, I hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    Bonita
    owner/designer of ABonita Scarf
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Welcome from Orlando
    dear pat, welcome from mickey mouse country...orlando fl...glad to find a fellow floridian...god will bless you on your journey and help your with the inner strenghth and beauty that comes with our journeys...stay in touch!! Love, shy