JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    ((((hugs)))

((((hugs)))
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Hi Betsy
    It has been quite awhile since I posted and I am sorry but that is all I could say last night. I have my 1-year (since DX) checkup/mammo coming up on Sept. 15 and I am definitely going to talk to my Onc. about this. I need to talk to some psychologist or something! Thanks for writing (everyone) and I will be ok - just needed to say that one line on here and get some sympathy I guess...

Depressed!!!
    Hey Blazy,

I did the exact same thing. Right before my 4 month appt (turned out to be 6 mos.), I had an experience that started the whole "bad thoughts" vibe. Whether it was the "incident" or the check-up, I don't know. All I do know is I'm on a low dose anti-depressant and it has helped. I'm going to ask about upping the dose a tad, though.

If you feel like you need to talk to a psychologist or a therapist, by all means, do so. If you think we can help you through whatever your needs are, we can do that. Don't ever be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help.

Thinking about you and wishing you well,

Reese
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    xxoo
    Sending you a virtual hug!!!!!!! Sorry this thing's got you bluer than usual...I know how you feel. Some days I'm really up and some days I'm really down. xxooxxoo

SamuraiMom
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Have you talked to the
    Have you talked to the doctor about medication for it? Hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

Depression seems to hit so
    Depression seems to hit so many that have bc and it is perfectly normal. Please talk to your oncologist about it. You might need antidepressants and/or some counseling. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    You are so not alone. As you
    You are so not alone. As you can see by the many responses, boy do we all go thru this rough time with such similar feelings and depression. Today Im going for my 1st mammo and MRI since I was diagnosed back in Sept 09. I've been so nervous for 2wks I've had a few anxiety attacks. Im hoping its only because Im nervous about today, but if it continues after today Im definately going to tt my onc about getting meds for anxiety or something. Hope you are doing better today. Keep talking, it really does help.
    Hugs
    Lupe
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    If I wasn't on Zoloft I
    If I wasn't on Zoloft I don't know where I would be right now. It has saved me.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options

Hi Betsy
    It has been quite awhile since I posted and I am sorry but that is all I could say last night. I have my 1-year (since DX) checkup/mammo coming up on Sept. 15 and I am definitely going to talk to my Onc. about this. I need to talk to some psychologist or something! Thanks for writing (everyone) and I will be ok - just needed to say that one line on here and get some sympathy I guess...

I think I'm going thru it too
    Yesterday I spent the whole morning crying and I have no idea why and this of course is not the first time. My poor husband just stands by asking what he can do and telling me he understands I'm going thru hell even though he knows he doesn't understand this particular hell (smart man I'm married to). I know I should call my onc and see him, but at the same time I'm SOOOOOOO TIRED OF DOCTORS.
    Check up time is always very stressful. You're in our prayers and please remember anytime you need sympathy, we got tons of it here.
    Let us know how the check up goes.

marge
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Hi Betsy

sorry you are feeling so miserable
    Dear Blazytracy,
    I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. Sounds like a good idea to talk to your Doc when you seen him in your 1 year check up.I have my six month check up coming up in Sept.I am sure your year has been an emotional rollercoaster. Glad you decided to come to the boards to share your feelings and to allow us to support you. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs, K
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

If I wasn't on Zoloft I
    If I wasn't on Zoloft I don't know where I would be right now. It has saved me.

If I wasn't on Xanax!