IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL DANCE IF I WANT TO.

Options
2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Dancin' with you. You go,
    Dancin' with you. You go, girl! xoxoxoxo Lynn

That news is so good I will
    That news is so good I will join the dance also. You go, baby.
    Stef
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Word Error
    Dear Donna,

Congratulations on the end of your treatments. I wish you the best and hope you have many years to enjoy life. Do enjoy the moment and what I write does not diminish your right to celebrate the "NOW".

I do take umbrage with your oncologist using the word "Cured" She of all people should know better than to use the word "Cured" to any woman who had a diagnose of breast cancer. It is irresponsible.

Breast Cancer is one of those cancer that can return 10, 20, 30 and then some after the original diagnose. There is no time limit such as "Five Years" and it's over with breast cancer. I thought that archaic saying was in the past and no longer being stated, especially by an oncologist!

This is no being said to lessen your joy but to make you aware that with breast cancer one needs to be forever vigilant! I posted a reply on this forum to a woman who was 20 years before her recurrence. The next time you do see your oncologist, please verify what I state here.

Cured is not a word to be used with breast cancer. Read Dr. Susan Love's books on the subject. No evidence of disease is applicable, but never the word "Cured".

Best,

SIROD
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    SIROD said:

Word Error
    Dear Donna,

Congratulations on the end of your treatments. I wish you the best and hope you have many years to enjoy life. Do enjoy the moment and what I write does not diminish your right to celebrate the "NOW".

I do take umbrage with your oncologist using the word "Cured" She of all people should know better than to use the word "Cured" to any woman who had a diagnose of breast cancer. It is irresponsible.

Breast Cancer is one of those cancer that can return 10, 20, 30 and then some after the original diagnose. There is no time limit such as "Five Years" and it's over with breast cancer. I thought that archaic saying was in the past and no longer being stated, especially by an oncologist!

This is no being said to lessen your joy but to make you aware that with breast cancer one needs to be forever vigilant! I posted a reply on this forum to a woman who was 20 years before her recurrence. The next time you do see your oncologist, please verify what I state here.

Cured is not a word to be used with breast cancer. Read Dr. Susan Love's books on the subject. No evidence of disease is applicable, but never the word "Cured".

Best,

SIROD

Congrats!!
    Knowing you are well, is a comforting feeling, isn't it? Happy Wellness to you, mind~body~spirit!!
    Melanie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Congrats!!
    Knowing you are well, is a comforting feeling, isn't it? Happy Wellness to you, mind~body~spirit!!
    Melanie

Congratulations!!!
    Donna,
    Great news!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    WOOOOOO
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO....DONNA!!!
    That is awesome news...you go girl...dance with ned till your feet hurt!

by the way your avatar fits the mood!!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    SIROD said:

Word Error
    Dear Donna,

Best,

SIROD

That is the word she used
    That is the word she used and as I indicated I was quite suprised and I asked did that mean "No Evidence of Disease" and she said yes.

Donna
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Thanks all for the
    Thanks all for the congrats.

Hugs

Donna
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Way to go, Donna! I am so
    Way to go, Donna! I am so happy for you. Enjoy the music! Pitt
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    HAPPY HAPY JOY JOY
    Its a great feeling, isn't it!!!!! Congratulations to you Donna and keep Dancing!
    Hugs - Pat
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Oh I was wondering who the
    Oh I was wondering who the music was playing for! I am sooo happy it's you~ that NED will dance, dance, dance! I don't need to tell you to enjoy it! Woot Woot!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dance, dance, dance! So
    Dance, dance, dance! So happy for you! :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

I have been very open about
    I have been very open about everything that has happened to me. I have tried to always speak the truth and not sugar coat it. If I was feeling like crap how could someone help me if I didn't tell them. I am okay did not really describe how I was feeling. I have also learned to be more sensitive to the needs of others. I guess having cancer humbles you a little and you begin to realize that we all benefit by helping each other. I try to do my part in the "Pay It Forward" area.

Hugs

Donna

Congratulations!
    Hugs,

Congratulations!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MGNS said:

Dance, dance, dance! So
    Dance, dance, dance! So happy for you! :)

Sorry I am late, but,
    Sorry I am late, but, CONGRATS Donna!

Lex♥