Still good....

Options
2»

Comments

• clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    whoo hooo
    That is wonderful Carlene.... Way to go.....

Linda
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Such good news I am so
    Such good news I am so pleased. Tina xx
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options

I keep forgetting to ask
    I keep forgetting to ask what the dosage is, but I receive an infusion every 4 weeks. I know it's not a "treatmenet" dose, though.

My doctor says that in his practice, he has had good success with the monthly Taxol, as far as pushing back a recurrence. I call it chicken soup for Cancer....it can't hurt, and maybe it will help.

Carlene

dosage
    I assume that is the case with the other taxol users, as I didn't get any response on my dosage question. I found that playing around with dosages, can make the chemo more effective for my body, and am always curious what people are using. Of-course, I know this is ultimately the onc's decision, but I like to be as informed as I can. I am thinking not to take any steroids this time (they give me headaches, and stimulate my appetite a little too much!) Do you have pre-meds like nausea and steroids before hand?

k
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    kayandok said:

dosage
    I assume that is the case with the other taxol users, as I didn't get any response on my dosage question. I found that playing around with dosages, can make the chemo more effective for my body, and am always curious what people are using. Of-course, I know this is ultimately the onc's decision, but I like to be as informed as I can. I am thinking not to take any steroids this time (they give me headaches, and stimulate my appetite a little too much!) Do you have pre-meds like nausea and steroids before hand?

k

Yes....I get an anti-nausea
    Yes....I get an anti-nausea drug, steroids, and good old Benadryl. The steroids, which I don't like either, are supposed to help prevent a reaction to the Taxol, as is the Benadryl.
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi Carlene,
    This is truly

Hi Carlene,

This is truly awesome.

I'll continue to keep those prayers up. I think there is a lot of good to say about the maintenance chemo.

On my latest lab exam my numbers are still a 3 so...I'm with you on the hoo hahs! ! !

Sharon