It's strange
    Now I can speak fluent French!!!

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Patteee said:

little antennas
    are growing on my head rigth now !!
    jajaja!!
    Now seriously double vision in this moment .
    Have fun!
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    pepebcn said:

little antennas
    are growing on my head rigth now !!
    jajaja!!
    Now seriously double vision in this moment .
    Have fun!

I lucked out. on xeloda none
    I lucked out. on xeloda none of the above.
  • nursesheri
    nursesheri Member Posts: 50
    Kenny H. said:

I lucked out. on xeloda none
    I lucked out. on xeloda none of the above.

Facial twitches
    During tx, I experience facial and scalp muscle contractions. Think it might be from the pre chemo atropine. Not sure which is worse, the side effect prevention drugs, or the chemo it self.

Sheri
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member

Facial twitches
    During tx, I experience facial and scalp muscle contractions. Think it might be from the pre chemo atropine. Not sure which is worse, the side effect prevention drugs, or the chemo it self.

Sheri

frozen eyes
    I was in the beginning of the chemo, here in mn, and still in the "I can do it all myself" stage. I had gone grocery shopping and was headed to the car, walking out of the store my eyes "watered up" and then completely froze over (it was january) for a few seconds - really scary!

Of course I had my onc telling me he had never heard of that - everytime i mentioned something. my eyes still hurt when I cry, which stinks cause I cry at everything!
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    breezie said:

first bite of food
    Can't quite explain it except it was like biting on a lemon or something sour. It didn't always happen and it could be something sweet, something salty or even just a piece of bread. The second bite was better and it happened more often while I was on chemo but have been off it for 8 months and I still get the sensation although not nearly as often.....weird.

first bite syndrone
    I had this too. I found that if I just licked/tasted the food, sounds gross, instead of putting it in my mouth, the first bite didn't hurt so bad. Then I could eat the rest of ir with no pain. Jo Ann
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    On Friday after a Thurs.
    On Friday after a Thurs. infusion, I had the most intense chest pain that ran all the way down my left arm. I was on the pump and thought it was from that. It eased up after a while so I thought it was just a crazy side affect. Went to bed and woke at about 1 am in considerable pain again. Called my onc and said get to emergency. I spent 3 days being checked out for everything heart realated, to find out my heart is good... This happened every time I had treatment (oxy) for 12 treatments. I choose to stay with it because the scans showed the tumors fading fast. My onc said he had never seen this reaction. They watched me closely and encouraged me to stop, but I wanted to just be done with it. The pain would last for about 40-45 mins - very intense, then fade and I would sleep for a couple of hours and it would begin again. This happened each treatment for about 12 hour period. I could tell with in a few hours when it would start!! At the end of treatment my tumors where down to just a speck or 2. within 3 months of no treatment they all came back.
    I now know I am so much stronger then I ever thought and I CAN deal with more if I have to.
    No pain meds helped with pain, but I did sleep when it was over!! Wierd to say the least! My onc still asks me about it!! Jean
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    beard rash
    I had a rash (most probably from oxaliplatin) which was exactly the shape of a man's beard (I'm female). My doc was disappointed I didn't take a photo -- I think he wanted to submit to a medical journal as a weird case story. It was controlled with steroid and antihistamine. I stayed on oxi but never had that exact rash again. Weird!
    tara
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Mine
    I went through chemo while it was Winter her in MN, not a the best time with the cold sensitivity issues. I had my eyes freeze shut a couple of times going from the store to my car, my eyes watered a bit and froze shut. I would have to put my hands on my eyes to warm them up and unfreeze them. I also had the jaw pain someone else mentioned below, the jolt I would get from the first few bites of food was enough pain to almost drop me to my knees, thankfully it stopped doing that about half way through my chemos.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Hyperaccussis
    My hearing actually has become much more acute since chemo. White noise drives me nuts, as does any volume on other sounds (music, etc.)

I guess when making my nerves hypersensitive, it affected my auditory nerves as well.
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Mostly mine are like everyone elses...
    I got the cold thing in the winter. Eyes watering, jaw pain at first bite. My eyes got worse. Fingertip and toe Neuropathy.

One thing that did happen was chemo ate my fingerprints, which is how we access the time clock at work. When I tried to access one shift, I tried over twenty times to get in. It wouldn't let me because it couldn't read the prints. There really were none. Luckily, there was an override for that and now all I need is my name-badge. :) My onc didn't seem surprised to hear that.
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
    HollyID said:

Mostly mine are like everyone elses...
    I got the cold thing in the winter. Eyes watering, jaw pain at first bite. My eyes got worse. Fingertip and toe Neuropathy.

One thing that did happen was chemo ate my fingerprints, which is how we access the time clock at work. When I tried to access one shift, I tried over twenty times to get in. It wouldn't let me because it couldn't read the prints. There really were none. Luckily, there was an override for that and now all I need is my name-badge. :) My onc didn't seem surprised to hear that.

OK, I'm going to add to this
    OK, I'm going to add to this even though I don't think it was from Chemo. I think it was from the simultaneous radiation. I had a couple weeks of difficulty urinating. When I stood to urinate I would get a FULL erection about five seconds in and it would shut down my ability to urinate causing very much discomfort. The blood flow would disapate and I would have to finish peeing about two minutes later. I tried to aleviate this condition by sitting which would cause me to have a bowel movement. It's like the signals were getting all crossed up.I was drinking alot of water so this was a regular occurance about five or ten times a day. It was tolerable but strange none the less. I also got a temporary (itchy)rash right on the end of my johnson that drove me a little crazy but I toughed it out. I know,I know, nuthin compared to some of these.
    You asked for weird.....
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    So vein
    i had infusions of 5fu via canulas in the back of alternate hands for 48 weeks. By the end of the 48 weeks the veins in each arm that carried the chemo were so dark they were nearly black all the way up to each shoulder. I often heard people commenting ,they probably thought I was some sort of drug addict. After chemo finished they gradually faded back to normal after about three months. Ron.
  • iluvmms
    iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
    ron50 said:

So vein
    i had infusions of 5fu via canulas in the back of alternate hands for 48 weeks. By the end of the 48 weeks the veins in each arm that carried the chemo were so dark they were nearly black all the way up to each shoulder. I often heard people commenting ,they probably thought I was some sort of drug addict. After chemo finished they gradually faded back to normal after about three months. Ron.

fingerprints
    I work in a courthouse with biometrics on the doors and you have to scan fingerprint to get in to the building, well I have a hard time convencing the bailiffs that me fingerprints are gone for now. They think Im crazy. I guess we would make good criminals with no fingerprints. They are totally gone for now.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Too many to list
    But one of the weirdest was facial twitching and my face cramping and freezing into a funny expression. I couldn't do anything about it - it froze - and I had trouble breathing at the same time. Turned out to be an oxy allergic reaction - out came the Benadryl and steroids, which continued to be pulled out often through my treatments for other allergic reactions to both oxy and 5-FU.