Chemo grad!

Options
2»

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Chemo FINISHED
    I had a right mastectomy followed by 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. Last Wednesday (8/4) was the LAST round of Taxotere. I cannot begin to tell you all how relieved I am to know that active treatment is over. I am not doing radiation. Now I can begin my recovery. Good luck to all of you who are still in active treatment. For me, the chemo was more difficult than the surgery.
  • Deb55
    Deb55 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Chemo vs surgery
    Hey Take it from me, when you survive chemo treatments, you can surely survive surgery as far as pain and sickness from it. I've had 6 surgeries since 2006...(right mastectomy(2006 with tramflap) 2 incisional hernia surgeries in 2008 (one in May and one in Oct.), fell and broke right wrist in Nov. 2009 had 4 pins put in, and then also had left mastectomy with expander put in May 2010, and had lifeport put in June 21st...now getting ready after chemo to have the implant put in. YES, I HAVE TO SAY MY CHEMO TREATMENTS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE AND HARDER TO DEAL WITH AND RECOVER FROM THAN ANY OF MY SURGERIES...I will be praying all will go well for you. God has truly blessed me! I have completed my 4 treatments of A/C now have 4 taxol treatments left....with God's Strength I can do it...
    I'm sure your surgeries compared to the treatments will be like a "vacation".(not quite the same but you will know what I mean..
    Deb55
  • Deb55
    Deb55 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Chemo FINISHED
    I had a right mastectomy followed by 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. Last Wednesday (8/4) was the LAST round of Taxotere. I cannot begin to tell you all how relieved I am to know that active treatment is over. I am not doing radiation. Now I can begin my recovery. Good luck to all of you who are still in active treatment. For me, the chemo was more difficult than the surgery.

You are right...to me chemo
    You are right...to me chemo was or is the worse part. I have 4 more to go finished A/C and now with have Taxol...4 of these...I WILL REJOICE AND CELEBRATE when they are over. Did you lose hair with Taxotere. They had down to give me Taxotere, but changed it to Taxol. A friend of mine who has gone through it all, said the Taxol wasn't near as bad on your stomach as the A/C...also my oncologist and my UHC nurse all said the same..I pray it won't be. I lost my hair after the 2nd A/C treatment(my niece who happens to be my hairdresser, cut it short short, then finally shaved it), but it is starting to grow back, now the Taxol is coming!
    I pray daily for all of those who are going through this and those who are still be diagnosed. God can keep us uplifted during this time through His Word and through others He allows to encourage us.
    Deb55
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Options
    PNinMN said:

It's a relief
    It's a relief to hear from so many of you that the surgery is not so bad. Chemo was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but it is definitely a relief to be done with it! I have an appointment to meet with my surgeon on the 23rd to discuss it all. I am sure I will still have some anxiety with the waiting but I'll have to remember to take it day by day

I am so excited for you to
    I am so excited for you to be finished with your chemo! Congrats. I start on Thursday, 6 cycles of TCH and then the remainder of the year with herceptin. I had a mastectomy in June and would gladly do that again compared to doing chemo. I had no pain killers (just regular extra strength Tylenol). Important thing with surgery is to get rest after and do the exercises that the doctor recommends. You will be fine!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    kjrpcb said:

congrats
    Well done. I start chemo next week. Don't worry about surgery it sounds worse than it is. I had a left modified rad and right prophylactic mastectomy.I expected the worst and it was really not so bad. The pain was minimal. Good luck on your surgery and let us know how you are doing. Sending prayers your way. Hugs, June

Congrats on graduating!

Congrats on graduating!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Deb55 said:

Chemo vs surgery
    Hey Take it from me, when you survive chemo treatments, you can surely survive surgery as far as pain and sickness from it. I've had 6 surgeries since 2006...(right mastectomy(2006 with tramflap) 2 incisional hernia surgeries in 2008 (one in May and one in Oct.), fell and broke right wrist in Nov. 2009 had 4 pins put in, and then also had left mastectomy with expander put in May 2010, and had lifeport put in June 21st...now getting ready after chemo to have the implant put in. YES, I HAVE TO SAY MY CHEMO TREATMENTS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE AND HARDER TO DEAL WITH AND RECOVER FROM THAN ANY OF MY SURGERIES...I will be praying all will go well for you. God has truly blessed me! I have completed my 4 treatments of A/C now have 4 taxol treatments left....with God's Strength I can do it...
    I'm sure your surgeries compared to the treatments will be like a "vacation".(not quite the same but you will know what I mean..
    Deb55

Congrats!
    It is always a relief when we cross over and finish one stage of our journey. And isnt it wierd how we all get real worked up over chemo and it ends up not being bad for some of us or not as bad as we thought? Now you are one step closer to becoming a survivor. What type of surgery are you going to do? Keep us posted and keep up that good attitude. Well, i shouldnt have worded the chemo the way i did because i know some go through hell with their treatments. So, i appologize to anyone who is saying to me right now that i dont know what im talking about. We all handle everything differently. One surgery could be very painful for one but not the other ect. Anyway, just glad it went good for you and let us know what surgery you will be having. Take care
    Laura