I am a copycat-FUN

Options

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

Hey Lynn!
    I've been through Council a few times! Howdy Sis/neighbor! You know, especially when I was walking through the parking garage at St Lukes MSTI daily to and from Radiation, I would see license plates from all over our state. I reacted with such empathy and sympathy. My affirmations came so easily. I always thought, I am driving 10 minutes tops to get here, I can drive myself, I can walk up and down the stairs etc... I am doing great-no complaints here!!! Did you have to drive far?

Hi Jackie
    For chemo, I went to MSTI in Fruitland (1 1/2 hour one way). Then, for rads I stayed down in Boise (my BIG city) to go to MSTI. I go to Fruitland for checkups. Glad, glad, glad to hear that you are doing well. xoxoxox Lynn
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Hello
    My name is Janice I am 49 I live in the central part of Texas! I had a lumpectomy in March, finished chemo in July and am 1/3 done with rads. I have 2 wonderful kids 27 and 25 1 girl 1 boy, a great son in law and daughter in law and 3 grandkids 2 boys and 1 girl. 2 dogs a Yorkie and a Chihuahua. Go Rangers, Go Texans, Boo Cowboys!! God Bless
    (((Hugs Janice)))

Hi, My name is Kathy, I am
    Hi, My name is Kathy, I am 57 years old. I am married for 34 years, I have two son, 4 wonderful grandkids age's 7, 6, 4, 2. I have a husky name tucson. I was DX a year ago April. Lumpectomy, chemo , Rads and currently doing herceptin.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Menda said:

Howdy
    My name is melinda and live in Texas. My choice was to have a prophatic (so) double mastecomy a month ago. I live with my husband of 25 years, my daughter and granddaughter. Not to be left out are 5 dogs, 2 cats and a fish I can't stand.

fishie..
    wow that must be some pain in the a** fish!
    ;) heather
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Hello All
    My name is Kay, I'm 52. Married 35 years in Dec to a wonderful husband Terry. We live in Spring hill Florida. Half way through Chemo. Still have surgery ( Mastectomy ) and rads to do.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm 35 years old and live in northern Virginia and work in Washington DC. My husband and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, and rads in 2008-2009 and am doing great now. I was triple negative. My two cats, Bibby and Michi got me through chemo!

Mimi
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    Options
    bakerette said:

Hi, I'm Dianna, I'm a baker
    Hi, I'm Dianna, I'm a baker married to a baker. I have two daughters who are 30 something.
    We live in Holland, MI.

A baker...Me too!!!
    Cool- I have been a boulanger and pastry chef for 27 years. I love it! I have noticed that I am a much better bread maker now-(after bc) I am so much more patient. So glad to see we have more than BC in common!! xoxo, Jackie
  • jackiejhm
    Options
    This is SO fun!!
    I love reading about all of you. These alliances are so great, I think. I have noticed how long some of you ladies have been on this site. I started this journey(BC) last November, I didn't join the site until February of this year and then- reading posts was about ALL I had energy for! Really, Chemo/rads/lymphedema have really kicked my bum! So- posting is easier now!! Daily I feel stronger and more like...well, ME! Any of you newbies out there- know that you will not find a more loving, understanding bunch of girls around. All of you have given me love, strength, and hope!!! OH, and made me laugh- OFTEN!!! Thank you! xoxoxo, Jackie
  • jackiejhm
    Options
    sea60 said:

Nifty 50!
    and living in San Antonio, Texas a.k.a. Alamo City.

Go SPURS Go!!

Go Dallas Cowboys!!

Hey Texans!
    I was "conceived" in Texas (too much info?? haha) But born in Arizona. Air Force Brat! So- NOT a Texan- as my family always reminds me! I have family all over that big beautiful yellow, rose state!! Go Longhorns!!
  • jackiejhm
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi everyone, im JoJo and 42
    Hi everyone, im JoJo and 42 years young, Im a neighbor of Kathie's...I also live in Iowa (Council Bluffs), across the bridge from Omaha Nebraska. Im done with chemo, had a bilateral mastectomy and 3 weeks ago i finaly got the long awaited exchange...i gave up the rock hard expanders for nice soft gummie bear implants. :)

Hi Jojo
    I didn't get the expander experience. I have loved giggling reading your posts about that adventure. I am looking forward (?) (insert nervous laugh here)to reconstruction soon.

xoxo, Jackie
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi, Laurissa here
    51 years old in Southern IL. Dx in Sept. 09. All finished with chemo, lumpectomy, and radiation. Now doing monthly Zometa treatment for bone met. Feeling wonderful. Married and have 2 daughters 18 and 20. I drive a special-ed schoolbus. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats. Lilly a beagle, Bear a small shepherd mix, Penny a 17 pound chihuahua, Charlie a Llhasa, Sandy a very affectionate cat who can eat til the cows come home, and (princess) Josie a beautiful calico who thinks her stuff in the cat litter don't stink. And I feed all the birds and squirrels east of the Mississippi!
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi I'm Edie

Jacksonville, Florida between the St. John's river and the Intrascoastal Waterway.

Greetings,I am 54 and I was dx'd in early May. I have recieved 4 rounds of chemo, will have PET scan on Wedenesday this week and 5th round of chemo. No surgery yet onc. says radiation next then bilateral mastectomy at end of treatments. I'm hoping after the PET that Friday will be my last Chemo.
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Hi I'm Edie

Jacksonville, Florida between the St. John's river and the Intrascoastal Waterway.

Greetings,I am 54 and I was dx'd in early May. I have recieved 4 rounds of chemo, will have PET scan on Wedenesday this week and 5th round of chemo. No surgery yet onc. says radiation next then bilateral mastectomy at end of treatments. I'm hoping after the PET that Friday will be my last Chemo.

HI...
    I'm Sharry - I've lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1983, but I was born and raised in Iowa and spent a couple years in Greece. Live with my Significant Other (and exceptionally thankful for him) who had testicular cancer 10 years ago, so has lots of empathy, even if he doesn't understand it all. I was diagnosed (after 2 months of jerking me around from test to test and doctor to doctor) and before they got in there to actually take a look, they kinda told me it was probably class 4, but it turned out that it was contained, not in the lymph nodes at all, and the gene typing number was real low, so I lucked out all around. What an emotional roller coaster! Believe me, the expanders are nothing to worry about - they were a breeze :) I've been through the first masectomy, the second (optional) one when we started reconstruction, and the replacement of the expanders. All I'm waiting for now is for things to settle in and for the final touchups to be done in a few months. By far the worst for me, aside from the emotional trauma, was going straight from being on hormones for years (due to a hysterecomy at a young age) to not only NO hormones but Femara! Don't EVEN ask my oncologist what I threatened to do to him and everybody in the pharaceutical industry!
  • jackiejhm
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Hi I'm Edie

Hi Edie
    I love your picture! "It's so Fluffffffaaaayy!!!" haha xoxo, Jackie
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Indiana
    Hi, I'm Jennifer (Jenn to everyone) and am 39. I live in a small river town along the Ohio River in SE Indiana. I was born and raised in the South, and will be Southern 'til the day I die, which will hopefully be a VERY long time in the future! :)

I have a Yankee husband whom I adore. (I moved up above the Mason-Dixon line for him!) I also have 2 English Bulldogs, 1 Chow Mix, and 5 cats... one of which is sitting beside me right now, threatening to gift me with a fresh hairball! Oh, the joys of having pets!

Anyway, I am so very thankful to have found this forum, as it has already given me tons of knowledge and I was only diagnosed a month ago! (July '10)
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

Hi Edie
    I love your picture! "It's so Fluffffffaaaayy!!!" haha xoxo, Jackie

LOL
    I haven't seen this movie, but that preview where the kid is shaking the stuffed animal and saying that line cracks me up every time I see it. Even my hubby chuckles at it. Or maybe he's just laughing at my efforts to imitate the kid. Hmmm....
  • jackiejhm
    Options

Indiana
    Hi, I'm Jennifer (Jenn to everyone) and am 39. I live in a small river town along the Ohio River in SE Indiana. I was born and raised in the South, and will be Southern 'til the day I die, which will hopefully be a VERY long time in the future! :)

I have a Yankee husband whom I adore. (I moved up above the Mason-Dixon line for him!) I also have 2 English Bulldogs, 1 Chow Mix, and 5 cats... one of which is sitting beside me right now, threatening to gift me with a fresh hairball! Oh, the joys of having pets!

Anyway, I am so very thankful to have found this forum, as it has already given me tons of knowledge and I was only diagnosed a month ago! (July '10)

Hi Jenn!
    So pleased and yet so sorry to meet you this way! The Movie-Despicable me- is a hoot. Way off of the cute meter! Our children were too grown to want to see this movie. After trying in vain to borrow friends' little people- we went anyway! So worth it!! xoxo, Jackie
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Despicable Me
    Friends of mine took my daughter and their grandaughter to see the movie; when they saw the little blonde named Edith they all stared at each other in awe as that is my legal name, and i'm a little blonde woman. So I have chosen to have this cute little character as my symbol of the new me. What ever that is going to be?! No special mojo or anything,we just share the same name.

Oh yeah and the movie was great.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Despicable Me
    Friends of mine took my daughter and their grandaughter to see the movie; when they saw the little blonde named Edith they all stared at each other in awe as that is my legal name, and i'm a little blonde woman. So I have chosen to have this cute little character as my symbol of the new me. What ever that is going to be?! No special mojo or anything,we just share the same name.

Oh yeah and the movie was great.

I'm Patti
    Hi my sisters in pink,

I am Patti and live in Adrian, MI (just south of Ann Arbor and north of Toledo.)I am 54 (diagnosed at 53). Had a lumpectomy June 2009; chemo ended Aug 2009 and rad's ended Dec 2009. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 31 years. I was diagnosed the day after our 30th anniversary. I have two boys 28 and 26; one grandson who is 3 and two wonderful potential daughters-in-law!!

I feel honored to walk this journey with all of you!

Love, Patti
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    pattimc said:

I'm Patti
    Hi my sisters in pink,

I am Patti and live in Adrian, MI (just south of Ann Arbor and north of Toledo.)I am 54 (diagnosed at 53). Had a lumpectomy June 2009; chemo ended Aug 2009 and rad's ended Dec 2009. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 31 years. I was diagnosed the day after our 30th anniversary. I have two boys 28 and 26; one grandson who is 3 and two wonderful potential daughters-in-law!!

I feel honored to walk this journey with all of you!

Love, Patti

Hi everyone
    My name is Ronda, I am 50 and was diagnosed in May with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma and DCIS, both in my right breast. I have had 3 of 4 chemo treatments, (they aren't bad) and I'm having a lumpectomy on September 15th then on to doing 33 radiation treatments. This has been so much fun.....................................NOT. I hate everything about cancer and my biggest prayer is that it vanishes off the face of the earth. I am living in Pensacola, Florida but am from Indianapolis.
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options

fishie..
    wow that must be some pain in the a** fish!
    ;) heather

ROTFL!!!!
    LOL! What, does it talk smack to you or something?