New pic of me on the beach!

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I thought I would put up a vacation pic of Hubby and me with my hubby's grandson. We had a great time. The salt air and water is very healing. This was before i lost my hair.

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    You look beautiful Meena!
    You look beautiful Meena! That is a great picture!

Hugs, Angie
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love the ocean. I went to
    I love the ocean. I went to the beach Wed. they have it closed off due to tar/oil balls. I had to giggle when they said I couldn't enter. My thought I survived cancer I really don't think a little ole tar ball will hurt me.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Great picture Meena
    Thanks for sharing. I love the ocean too. We are planning our trip to Myrtle Beach in September after my last chemo is done. Can't wait. Hugs, Jean
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

I love the ocean. I went to
    I love the ocean. I went to the beach Wed. they have it closed off due to tar/oil balls. I had to giggle when they said I couldn't enter. My thought I survived cancer I really don't think a little ole tar ball will hurt me.

Meena, you look just
    Meena, you look just beautiful...but I'm sorry to say you're just thismuch upstaged by that positively adorable happy little blond person! :-)

LOL, ms.sunshine. Yeah, they pump so much toxic waste into us during chemo, it's hard to be afraid of much after that!

Traci
  • meena1
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Great picture Meena
    Thanks for sharing. I love the ocean too. We are planning our trip to Myrtle Beach in September after my last chemo is done. Can't wait. Hugs, Jean

Thank you everyone! Jean, I
    Thank you everyone! Jean, I hope you have a great time on at the beach, September is a wonderful month. I swear that the salt air and salt water is very healing, and just sitting on the beach listening to the ocean is relaxing.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Meena, you look just
    Meena, you look just beautiful...but I'm sorry to say you're just thismuch upstaged by that positively adorable happy little blond person! :-)

LOL, ms.sunshine. Yeah, they pump so much toxic waste into us during chemo, it's hard to be afraid of much after that!

Traci

Which reminds me
    When the Moopster was having chemo last spring, she visited a friend who lives waaaay out in the boonies. And got bit by a tick, so severely she had to go to the doctor.

Moopy was furious. Not about the doctor's bill, mind you. Just the idea that here she had all that toxic waste (nice term, Traci) surging through her body, and the damned tick didn't have the decency to curl up and die!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Angie2U said:

You look beautiful Meena!
    You look beautiful Meena! That is a great picture!

Hugs, Angie

I agree with Angie 100%
    And what's more, you are obviously having a great time! Please realize that many more happy times like this are in store for you once you get done with your treatments... and that *your* hair will come back!

God Bless,
    Joe
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    meena1 said:

Thank you everyone! Jean, I hope you have a great time on at the beach, September is a wonderful month. I swear that the salt air and salt water is very healing, and just sitting on the beach listening to the ocean is relaxing.

You and your family look
    You and your family look great Meena! Looks like it was a fun day!

Thank for sharing this picture with us.

Hugs, Megan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    GREAT pic!!!
    I LOVE the beach!!!!

YEA for you!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Tripleneg66
    Tripleneg66 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    What a great picture!!
    Hi Meena, I'm new to the site and just saw your picture. I just finished my treatment and am going to Kauai in Sept. to rest and enjoy some time away. The beach is calling me and it looks like it is doing the trick for you. Thanks for sharing.
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm jealous! What a
    I'm jealous! What a beautiful pic . . . it's been a long time since I've been to the ocean. We live a long way from any ocean, but at least are close to a lot of lakes here in Minnesota, so we enjoy that.

Hope things are going well for you, Meena. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers . . .

♥ Lynn ♥
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    meena1 said:

oh yes...I hear ya....
    the salt breeze is life...........how I miss being on the boat....
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Which reminds me
    When the Moopster was having chemo last spring, she visited a friend who lives waaaay out in the boonies. And got bit by a tick, so severely she had to go to the doctor.

Moopy was furious. Not about the doctor's bill, mind you. Just the idea that here she had all that toxic waste (nice term, Traci) surging through her body, and the damned tick didn't have the decency to curl up and die!

LOL, Aortus!
    That must've been one tough tick!

I'm fortunate to live in a place where I don't get munched on by bugs, but I can just imagine getting bit by a mosquito while on chemo -- watching him stagger around afterwards, holding his little head, saying "Whoooaaa, duuude -- that's some f****ed up s**t!"

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Thanks for putting this
    Thanks for putting this picture up~ it is just lovely! I too love the sea air and the taste of the salt on my lips! The Pacific Ocean is False Advertising tho; it is like swimming in the arctic so I never make it past my ankles before running back to the beach chair!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks for putting this
    Thanks for putting this picture up~ it is just lovely! I too love the sea air and the taste of the salt on my lips! The Pacific Ocean is False Advertising tho; it is like swimming in the arctic so I never make it past my ankles before running back to the beach chair!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Great picture! You do look
    Great picture! You do look beautiful! Praying you are feeling better!

Hugs, Diane
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks for putting this

Hugs,
    Chen♥

The beach! How great Meena!
    The beach! How great Meena! It is very refreshing, good for the soul!

Love your picture! Beautiful family and you ofcourse!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

LOL, Aortus!
    That must've been one tough tick!

I'm fortunate to live in a place where I don't get munched on by bugs, but I can just imagine getting bit by a mosquito while on chemo -- watching him stagger around afterwards, holding his little head, saying "Whoooaaa, duuude -- that's some f****ed up s**t!"

:-) Traci

Funny
    I went hiking with friends way up in the mountains, and of course I'm dragging up the tail end. Smelled something bad and people in front were caring guns and they started looking around. I puzzled and started to look around. I asked what are we looking for and they said a bear. Yes, that was the smell of bear butt! I started praying that he hated the smell of chemo. I was on Taxol at the time. Never did see him, but sure could smell him. Hated to be last! Katz
  • meena1
    Options
    susie09 said:

The beach! How great Meena!
    The beach! How great Meena! It is very refreshing, good for the soul!

Love your picture! Beautiful family and you ofcourse!

Thank you all. Hope you
    Thank you all. Hope you enjoy your trip to the beach, Tripleneg.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Thank you all. Hope you
    Thank you all. Hope you enjoy your trip to the beach, Tripleneg.

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, that is what you are, inside and out Meena! Such a wonderful picture!

They are worth a thousand words!

Sue :)
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Great pic Meena....very cute
    Great pic Meena....very cute family and your beautiful!