Options
124»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Meena, you're in my thoughts and prayers
    It is so mind boggling to have so many side effects and you just don't know which is stemming from what? I would venture to say, I would be calling my doctor at least once a week.

I appreciate the awareness you brought to light in sharing your experience. With all my heart I wish NO ONE had to go through this, and certainly not 2 or 3 times!

Please know so many will be praying for you, for strength, for a good report. Please keep us posted. I'm glad the ocean and it's beautiful healing sounds gave you peace.

Sending you a warm embrace,

Sylvia

I copied your post Meena and
    I copied your post Meena and sent it to several of my friends. You never know, just by reading your post, you could bring something to their attention someday and it could save their life.

Thank you,

Leeza
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

I'll second that
    Ladies:
    I'll second what Meena says. My mother passed away from uterine cancer last year. She had been complaining of hip pain, back pain, side pain for a long time. Her GP basically patted her on the head and told her it was arthritis. He never even sent her for an xray. My mother, who had no problem being assertive with the chemlawn guy or the cashier that overcharged her, was extremely passive around any medical professionals. Drs, nurses you name it. She saw the white coats, she went mute. She trusted him and he patronized her. By the time she started spotting, we believe her cancer was already very advanced. He told her she had a kidney infection and put her on an antibiotic. No tests. My sister questioned him, "oh we tested her urine , it's a kidney infection" The bleeding stopped, 5 mos. later it started again. This time another antiobiotic and finally tests. You know your body better than anybody, you know when something isn't right. We tend to be our own worst enemies.. if you're older like my mom, age can work against you because older people seem to think pain and aches are normal and they need to tough it out. Get a second, even third opinion. If her GP had taken the time to examine her , really examined her, I think he would have felt something. That's the problem, all the fancy scans and blood work and prescription drugs but doctors are so overbooked and understaffed, they aren't physically touching their patients anymore...

So sorry Cindy Bear about
    So sorry Cindy Bear about your Mother.

Hugs, Leeza