Surgery/prayer request

Options
2»

Comments

• Chemo_Princess
    Chemo_Princess Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Success
    Surgery went well. I was in the hospital for 11 days due to bleeding issues but once that was resolved I was released.
    I'm having issues with my bag coming off. This didn't happen in the hospital. My home health nurse is coming in the morning so hopefully she can offer some assistance. It irritates me that even though I live alone home health won't come every day!!
    Blessings,
    Natalie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Success
    Surgery went well. I was in the hospital for 11 days due to bleeding issues but once that was resolved I was released.
    I'm having issues with my bag coming off. This didn't happen in the hospital. My home health nurse is coming in the morning so hopefully she can offer some assistance. It irritates me that even though I live alone home health won't come every day!!
    Blessings,
    Natalie

Home Health
    Mine came everyday. I had my colostomy in April. I have not had any problems with the bag or the healing of that. I did develop an open wound from the surgery that is still gradually closing and has to be packed and redressed daily. I do that and now only see the home nurse once a week. The service furnishes all the supplies as long as I am under their care. I hope that your home nurse is experienced in the bags. Glad you reported in. Saundra
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options

Success
    Blessings,
    Natalie

My grandson was born with a
    My grandson was born with a rare birth defect called Hirschsprung's Disease. His first colonostomy was done when he was 48 hours old, the second one at age 9 or 10.

Our goal was always to get Nick's bag to stay on as long as possible, because his skin was super sensitive and broke down at the drop of a hat. The best trick is to make sure the skin surrounding the stoma is VERY clean and VERY dry. By "clean" I mean no oils or lotions on it because they keep the bag from sticking.

After my de-bulking surgery I had wound issues and the home health nurse came every day. I think that if your doctor writes the order for every day, they will come. In fact, I'm sure of it. They never turn down business.

Carlene
  • sanam
    sanam Member Posts: 106
    Options

My grandson was born with a
    My grandson was born with a rare birth defect called Hirschsprung's Disease. His first colonostomy was done when he was 48 hours old, the second one at age 9 or 10.

Our goal was always to get Nick's bag to stay on as long as possible, because his skin was super sensitive and broke down at the drop of a hat. The best trick is to make sure the skin surrounding the stoma is VERY clean and VERY dry. By "clean" I mean no oils or lotions on it because they keep the bag from sticking.

After my de-bulking surgery I had wound issues and the home health nurse came every day. I think that if your doctor writes the order for every day, they will come. In fact, I'm sure of it. They never turn down business.

Carlene

Dear Natalie
    I hope you cope

Dear Natalie

I hope you cope with everything the best possible.I pray for you.
    Hugsss